Front Suspension Rattle - Continued.

Caddiso1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 | 2017 Camaro V6 RS
Update on that original post. One clunk is fixed but an annoying rattle still exists.

Neither I or any suspension shop can figure it out.

Wasn’t sure if anyone here has heard this rattle and can give me pointers.

What’s been done:

OEM:
New struts, new mounts, original upper control arms, tie rods, and sway bar.

Steeda:
PP Style lower control arms.
Adjustable sway bar end links.

You may need headphones to hear it. It only happens on the rougher roads at lower speeds.

Everything seems tight, steering is pretty stout, no leaks after the repairs, everything installed is at torque spec.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
should have posted as a continuation of your previous thread. Now nobody has context...

Where in the 1 min video is the sound the most obvious?

Did you install all new (pliable) spring seat rubber, shock top rubber? are the sway-bar endlinks (whose?) have the bar level with the car on it's wheels? pic of said endlinks from under car with car on wheels?

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
should have posted as a continuation of your previous thread. Now nobody has context...

Did you install all new (pliable) spring seat rubber, shock top rubber? are the sway-bar endlinks (whose?) have the bar level with the car on it's wheels? pic of said endlinks from under car with car on wheels?
I can hear it thru out the whole video.itd sure drive me crazy hope you can find it.plan b just turn radio up and cover the sound.but if somethings amiss need to fix it.does it change with rpm

OP
OP
Caddiso1

Caddiso1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)

Of course, when the end links were installed they were on a two piece life so the suspension was level at install and torqued.

I can get photos when she gets home (it’s her car) but I genuinely can’t figure it out.

The video, it’s very little of a rattle but you can hear it about 10 seconds in, you have to use headphones.

OP
OP
Caddiso1

Caddiso1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
I can hear it thru out the whole video.itd sure drive me crazy hope you can find it.plan b just turn radio up and cover the sound.but if somethings amiss need to fix it.does it change with rpm
No changes at RPM, you can use radio to not hear it but unfortunately I’m one of those insane people that if a sound wasn’t there before it will bother me lmao.
Sponsored