Sponsored

front splitter extension for 550 TP

SKYLANE765

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
z28
We now have the front splitter extension for the Mustang 6th gen Track Pack style splitter. we also have the sade and rear splitter extensions. The front is made of 3/8 HDPE and the sides and rear are 1/4. see at www.zl1addons.com
JDJ_3427.JPG
JDJ_3394.JPG
JDJ_3421.JPG
Sponsored

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting. Do you have more shots of the front from different angles?

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
Is this a full under splitter, or an "appearance" splitter?

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Also, it says no cutting or removal of the belly pan. How does this attach? I didn't see any pictures of installation.

Nice product, and I might pick one up, I just want to know what I'm in for when it comes to installation.

JR

Sponsored

OP
OP

SKYLANE765

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
z28
This splitter WORKS!! our splitter extends the front OEM splitter unlike others that will produce uplift and not down force. Ours lets you leave the belly pan on and it does not block the brake ducts like others. If you put a full splitter on and leave the belly pan on you will just gain uplift from the positive attack angle of the splitter over the belly pan because the belly pan is lower than the front splitter. Ours extends the front splitter out and gets the bottom lower to produce lift. I you take the belly pan off then you will not have the upper section of the engine bay blocked off and the brake channels will not be there. We took some thought on how to make this, it is just not for just looks and have bars hanging down from the bumper. As you can see in the pic, the belly pan hangs lower than the front of the splitter making positive uplift. ours extends the splitter down and out and keeps the splitter and belly pan as is.
JDJ_3397.JPG
JDJ_3399.JPG

OP
OP

SKYLANE765

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
z28
Also, it says no cutting or removal of the belly pan. How does this attach? I didn't see any pictures of installation.

Nice product, and I might pick one up, I just want to know what I'm in for when it comes to installation.

JR
NO CUTTING OR MODE OF THE BELLY PAN!!!! No mod to the car at all!!!
Made of the same material as the splitter on the ACR Viper

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Do you offer a forum discount? I've been wanting a PP splitter but might go this route.

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
How much downforce will this produce? Just askin' since the PP2 one which looks similar is like 24 lbs and that doesn't seem like much, to me. Though I confess I am fairly ignorant of aero bits.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
This splitter WORKS!! our splitter extends the front OEM splitter unlike others that will produce uplift and not down force. Ours lets you leave the belly pan on and it does not block the brake ducts like others. If you put a full splitter on and leave the belly pan on you will just gain uplift from the positive attack angle of the splitter over the belly pan because the belly pan is lower than the front splitter. Ours extends the front splitter out and gets the bottom lower to produce lift. I you take the belly pan off then you will not have the upper section of the engine bay blocked off and the brake channels will not be there. We took some thought on how to make this, it is just not for just looks and have bars hanging down from the bumper. As you can see in the pic, the belly pan hangs lower than the front of the splitter making positive uplift. ours extends the splitter down and out and keeps the splitter and belly pan as is.
If there's a discount code for this, I'll try it and compare against my current custom made (although, still just plastic) splitter that was designed not to block the vents but is mounted under the existing pan. I did not notice any lift, only a slight benefit in high speed stability until it starts buffeting at 120MPH because I never installed the rods because they look gay unless it's for real stuff and this splitter I have is just poser poop mostly... haha.

Sponsored

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
I'll just stick with my CS splitter...not this "TP" one.

z31maniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car

Do you have any kind of data to back it up?

Kind of like how this company actually produces CFD simulations showing the efficacy of the product?

https://www.verus-engineering.com/product-page/zn6-street-front-splitter

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT/CS Premium
Is the side splitter extension supposed to be slightly wavy in the middle in that bottom picture?

50Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Corsair & 1990 Mustang GT. 2019 Mustang GT PP2 (Sold), 2019 Lincoln MKZ (Sold), 2017 Mustang GT PP (Sold), 2009 Civic Si (Sold)
I want to try this, but I would also like to know if there's a forum code available.
The post above does have me a bit worried as well, as that's what came across my mind at first glance. The front splitter seems to reach too far out on the sides imo.

2veloce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS PREM CONVERTIBLE AT
Open track high speed racing this may make sense. There are other variables needed to be addressed. Google for more information
Sponsored