Sponsored

Front plate bracket removal

Hillsndale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 Magneride Magnetic Grey
The cops would fight it like they did here, saying it makes it harder to track criminals (yeah right) in reality they would lose money from all the tickets they write for no front plate.
Yeah but now the criminals will learn to flee in reverse! They could get a front wheel drive car and weld the steering straight, then replace the rear suspension with rear wheel steering. Might get a sore neck but better than spending the night in the pokey!

OP
OP
I Bleed Ford Blue

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Where were you stopped? I’ve never been stopped in NEO
On Center Ridge Rd in Westlake about 12 years ago. I was driving an 07 F150 and some jack wad backed into me in a parking lot and broke off the front plate bracket two days after I bought it, so I just drove it for over a year before I got caught.

rocky5517

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sam
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer 67 riviera
I found this bracket in the American Muscle catalogue . $50, and local dealer charge me $150 to install- they dropped the front bumper. Had I used my head I would have had them switch the single note horn for a dual horn when the bumper was down,, but I was dumb. Fro the James Bond crowd, they sell any electric bracket that can disappear with the flick of the switch.
IMG_3007.JPG
IMG_3008.JPG
IMG_3009.JPG

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I found this bracket in the American Muscle catalogue . $50, and local dealer charge me $150 to install- they dropped the front bumper. Had I used my head I would have had them switch the single note horn for a dual horn when the bumper was down,, but I was dumb. Fro the James Bond crowd, they sell any electric bracket that can disappear with the flick of the switch.
Wow, $150 and dropping the bumper for a product AM shows as a 30 minute install. That and they had to drill into your bumper anyway. If you're happy I'm happy, but the Sto & Sho or Craig's brackets would have been cheaper with no drilling. To each his own.

Sponsored

rocky5517

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sam
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer 67 riviera
Wow, $150 and dropping the bumper for a product AM shows as a 30 minute install. That and they had to drill into your bumper anyway. If you're happy I'm happy, but the Sto & Sho or Craig's brackets would have been cheaper with no drilling. To each his own.
They didn't drill the bumper; they fastened it from underneath. There's a flat pan of some sort, and they installed it with bolts/nuts so it won't slip. Had I known that there was nothing on the inside of the tray I would have done it myself. Live and learn. But again, it never touches the bumper.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
They didn't drill the bumper; they fastened it from underneath. There's a flat pan of some sort, and they installed it with bolts/nuts so it won't slip. Had I known that there was nothing on the inside of the tray I would have done it myself. Live and learn. But again, it never touches the bumper.
You might want to double check that installation. There is no need to remove the bumper.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
This is all I did. Fold fold two way tape slapped it in there. 3 years later no problem with the cops. Mandatory front plates where I am.
20200526_163551.jpg

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
From what I've seen, most installations of this kind of plate-hider are off to the side. I know the receiver part of my centrally-installed Sto 'n' Sho took a near-fatal beating from a single thoughtless driveway exit. Was in the Critical Care unit for an hour of restorative work. I'll be interested in how yours fares, as I have one like yours in the Gray Car Project queue.

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
I had the manual version of the flip-down plate on my '13. I liked it a lot but over time it turned out to be a bit fragile. If you're always careful about parking it shouldn't be a problem.

Last edited:

Sponsored

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
been using bumper plugs on my cars for years. my 2012 mustang i got lucky (well...silver lining anyways) and had a lady run into me and replaced with a new bumper, told the bodyshop not to drill. nice and smooth, no bumper plugs needed. on my 2018 i have bumper plugs because it was drilled already. police around here don't enforce the front plate or front side window tint laws. only been pulled over for no front plate twice in almost 20 years of driving. and the second time was really just a BS excuse he made up after the fact instead of admitting that he pulled me over because i was in a lowered and dark tint BMW 5 series in the bad part of town at 2am

rocky5517

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sam
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer 67 riviera
You might want to double check that installation. There is no need to remove the bumper.

You might be right; I think they dropped whatever that "pan" is, bolted in the bracket, and re-installed it. Either that or they just took my $ and gave me a BS story. But mine was the first one they had seen, and they were pretty specific re what they saw underneath. Again, had I known what was behind the "pan " which evidently was nothing, I would have done it myself.

rocky5517

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sam
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer 67 riviera
I just watched the video and you'e right; I got the feeling they had never seen one before because the body man made a copy of the as from the catalogue.Whatever; I'm satisfied, and it comes in handy especially when washing.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I just watched the video and you'e right; I got the feeling they had never seen one before because the body man made a copy of the as from the catalogue.Whatever; I'm satisfied, and it comes in handy especially when washing.
And that is all that counts! :like::rockon:

Was just making the point for anyone else considering this bracket. Many would be scared off if the thought the bumper needed to be removed.

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
For those of you reading this thread and NEED a front license plate holder. I have a brand new SHOW-N-GO license plate bracket that stores away under your front bumper. Brand new in the box all parts and directions included. Make an offer and PM.
Sponsored