Sponsored

Front Fog Lights & Curious

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Pls can some one explain why the switchback LED dual Indicators / side lights don't work for our UK Mustangs. ..resulting in the 'easy option of just replacing the side light bulbs with LED ..and maybe Fog / DRL with leds .

forum:cheers:
because on the American stangs,their turns signals light all the time, and flash Amber, i believe.

on ours, its just the turn signal, so no constant power

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Just looked in the handbook and its says the DRL's are P13W but it also says the lamp can't be removed from the holder. Had a look on Fleabay and a P13W looks as though it comes with a fixed base but not sure if the Ford connection / plug is the same arrangement, how did you get on with them blar blar blar?
you have to get small drl bulbs, ordinary ones wont fit, look at this example
got to get a narrow base aswel, just above the O ring
NEW_zpsryruty8b.jpg

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Like I said I disconnected my DRL, due to fitting in powerful 2400 lumen 5500k LED fog lights.

As such I just drive with main lights now on, but as I changed parking lights to LED, they are a lot more powerful now and essentially function as DRL:

Works for me! :)

All lights on:

White look of LED looks way better than the yuck yellow look of halogens. :)

Sponsored

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
Yes mate , the ones I posted in pic, are a bit expensive though. Must be cheaper options out there

Which ones were they?

Could probably do with a sticky on which bulbs/types fit our cars so it's all in one place.

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
So those ones fit our sidelights i.e. the light right next to the indicator, the ones lit up in Gibbo's second pic on this page, NOT the DRL/foglight?

I've found a UK website that does them and they're charging ÂŁ39.99 plus ÂŁ4P&P so you didn't get mugged too badly buying them from Aus.

Does anyone know what bulb the orange indicator one is? There must be a clear version of some kind that flashes orange so we don't have the orange "glow" behind the lens when it's not operating.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RandyStang

RandyStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Muscle Car Lover
So those ones fit our sidelights i.e. the light right next to the indicator, the ones lit up in Gibbo's second pic on this page, NOT the DRL/foglight?

I've found a UK website that does them and they're charging ÂŁ39.99 plus ÂŁ4P&P so you didn't get mugged too badly buying them from Aus.

Does anyone know what bulb the orange indicator one is? There must be a clear version of some kind that flashes orange so we don't have the orange "glow" behind the lens when it's not operating.
Load if different types on Fleabay and 10 a penny - just make sure the connection is the flat blade style.

P.S. don't believe the handbook that they are just "pull out", I think they missed the wording "twist anticlockwise then pull"... I found out by good old youtube...
W5W LED.jpg

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Load if different types on Fleabay and 10 a penny - just make sure the connection is the flat blade style.

P.S. don't believe the handbook that they are just "pull out", I think they missed the wording "twist anticlockwise then pull"... I found out by good old youtube...
Those are the indicator bulbs, yes? That appear clear in the housing but will flash orange?

What's that 181 stamped on them, the type?

(my handbook is tucked away in the car so can't check for myself!)

OP
OP
RandyStang

RandyStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Muscle Car Lover
Those are the indicator bulbs, yes? That appear clear in the housing but will flash orange?

What's that 181 stamped on them, the type?

(my handbook is tucked away in the car so can't check for myself!)
181 is most likely the manufacture colour code... These are the sidelight type fitting and not the indicator themselves (fit beside the indicator)... Ignore the colour of the LED when not powered as it will change colour when energised.

The colour will be cool white (same as a Merc or Audi DRL LED), just make sure that if you buy off ebay you select the correct colour if that option is available ;)
Sponsored