Front fenders question

O.L.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joël
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost NFG
I have a question about the front fenders of the Mach 1. Are they the same as the one on the 2018-2020 GT? If they are the same, a front fascia conversion might not cost a lot. Front bumper, lower splitter, grille, darker emblem, 2 flashers, the 2 lower grilles and a small paint job. Would look nice on my NFG.
Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Front fender shape is the same, so a fascia swap is totally a possibility. But the handling package has extensions on the fender around the wheelwell, so either that fender is different, or it’s just part of the fender liner

OP
OP
O.L.

O.L.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joël
Vehicle(s)
I saw a video from a Ford representant and he seemed to say that those liners where because the tire and wheel was a little wider than the fender. So it was for the car to be legal on the streets.

OP
OP
O.L.

O.L.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joël
Vehicle(s)

Around 10-11 mins.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, that’s pretty much the reason. It’s not exactly necessary, as they didn’t have them on the PP2 and those wheels were most likely the same specs, but it definitely adds a cool look to the car :shrug:

Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
In some pictures there has not been any holes for the badges. But that might change on the actual production cars. This would be similar to the Bullitt fenders?

The fender exstensions are usually clipped in behind the fenderliner and hsould be removable/ or be added rather easy. It could also be the actual fender liner that has these extensions "build in"

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
In some pictures there has not been any holes for the badges. But that might change on the actual production cars. This would be similar to the Bullitt fenders?
The Ecoboost have the same thing. I imagine they just use Ecoboost fenders on the Bullitt and Mach 1

The fender exstensions are usually clipped in behind the fenderliner and hsould be removable/ or be added rather easy. It could also be the actual fender liner that has these extensions "build in"
Yeah, I’m not sure if those fender extensions are going to be part of the fender liner or if they’ll just be bolted into the same location. I’d imagine the latter, but it could go either way IMO. I mean, the PP2 gets unique fender liners as opposed to the standard GT, so it’s not too hard to imagine the Mach 1 getting unique fender liners as well

OP
OP
O.L.

O.L.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joël
Vehicle(s)
When the first Mach 1 arrives on the dealer's floor, I'll probably order just the bumper and try to fix it to my car. If it works, then I'll continue with the project. If not, I'll sell it.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
It’ll work no problem. The main thing is you’ll likely need the Mach 1 underbody tray to go with it

your best bet will probably be to wait for a 3rd party company to make an aftermarket one that’s compatible with the stock GT belly pan

mustangpegasus51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Just a note on this from another thread: it appears this uses the GT350 marker lights, so there may be some wiring involved in addition to a belly pan/fender liner swap.

Sponsored
OP
OP
O.L.

O.L.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joël
Vehicle(s)
Just a note on this from another thread: it appears this uses the GT350 marker lights, so there may be some wiring involved in addition to a belly pan/fender liner swap.
Which marker lights are you talking about?

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Which marker lights are you talking about?
The turn indicators on the bumper. HIGHLY unlikely to affect any bodywork though

OP
OP
O.L.

O.L.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joël
Vehicle(s)
I was already thinking about changing them anyway.

scoots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Seeing those older style marker lights, I was wondering if the Mach 1 uses the same carbon composite core support as the GT350 and GT500. Otherwise, what would be the benefit to use the older style lights? The bottom portion of the facia looks pretty similar to the GT350.
1608602020409.png

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
When the GT500 was launched, one of the engineers explained it shared the carbon composite core support with the GT350, and that's why it kept the older style headlamps. If that's the case, the Mach 1 likely doesn't have it.

Seeing those older style marker lights, I was wondering if the Mach 1 uses the same carbon composite core support as the GT350 and GT500. Otherwise, what would be the benefit to use the older style lights? The bottom portion of the facia looks pretty similar to the GT350.
1608602020409.png
Sponsored