Sponsored

Free maps update with every service

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
I was looking at the Castrol Edge 5W-30 but unsure if it is suitable.
Edge (and Formula R before that) has been my oil of choice for years but when researching for the Mustang found it doesn't meet the required specs. Even Castrol don't recommend using it. Their recommended oil as Magnatec 5W-30 A5 IIRC. There's another thread here discussing suitable oils. As Red Stang 302 mentioned, there's a not a lot oils available from the usual retail spots.

As for the map updates that's good news. Just picked up my Ranger on Monday and am still playing with Sync3 and haven't tried Android Auto yet but already find the maps and nav in general a lot better than what I had in the Pajero. The free roadside assist renewal is also a nice bonus as are free loan cars.
Sponsored

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
I had a map update at my 12 month service recently, and on a recent trip from Adelaide to Melbourne and back, I saw there was one section of new road that confused the map.

I must say the navigation into and out of Melbourne was terrific. It was dark and I was on my own so I really appreciated the clear instructions and visual clues about exits etc.

First long trip in the car and I loved it! Even economy was impressive - 100km/h on cruise returned 8.4 l/100km. Coming back in more blustery conditions at 110km/h was 9.2.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Not all dealers do the "bogus" upsells
Coming from a Jeep, I can assure you that they try it on each and every time - so forgive me for being wary.

Injector cleaner. Pfffft.

Sponsored

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto
Edge (and Formula R before that) has been my oil of choice for years but when researching for the Mustang found it doesn't meet the required specs. Even Castrol don't recommend using it. Their recommended oil as Magnatec 5W-30 A5 IIRC. There's another thread here discussing suitable oils. As Red Stang 302 mentioned, there's a not a lot oils available from the usual retail spots.

As for the map updates that's good news. Just picked up my Ranger on Monday and am still playing with Sync3 and haven't tried Android Auto yet but already find the maps and nav in general a lot better than what I had in the Pajero. The free roadside assist renewal is also a nice bonus as are free loan cars.
Mine is a Sync3 and the maps didn't get upgraded at my last service. Rang Ford HO and asked about it and they said there aren't any upgrades available yet. They have no plans or idea when they will be available.

Mine was built June 2016 so I don't know how old the maps were then, but I know a lot of roads have changed in the mean time. I am finding quite a few changes where it tries to take you down roads that have changed. Sydney roads are changing weekly at the moment.

Not a big problem, but sometimes I think companies would be better to not offer something at all than to include it but not do it properly.

First world problems!;)

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know if K3 are the latest maps?

My car is in for service today and the dealer is saying that it has the latest maps already (K3).

fomofo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Note: There are not a lot of oils you can buy from Retail Outlets that meet the Ford Specification WSS-M2C913D.
Penrite Fully Synthetic 5W-30 is WSS-M2C913D compliant.

And so is Valvoline SynPower FE (but is slightly thicker).

You can get both from SuperCheap, but they're the only ones I've know of in retail stores.

Red Stang 302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Fastback GT 5.0 - Manual - Race Red
Penrite Fully Synthetic 5W-30 is WSS-M2C913D compliant.

And so is Valvoline SynPower FE (but is slightly thicker).

You can get both from SuperCheap, but they're the only ones I've know of in retail stores.
You can add Nulon 5W-30 to the list.
It meets Ford Specs WSS-M2C913-D.
Can be purchased at Repco, Auto Barn, Super Cheap Auto, etc.

Red Stang 302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Fastback GT 5.0 - Manual - Race Red
Does anyone know if K3 are the latest maps?

My car is in for service today and the dealer is saying that it has the latest maps already (K3).
Had my car serviced, (1 year / 15000 km), 3 weeks ago at Peter Warren Ford.

They advised the next Map Updates are due to be released by Ford in October.

Sponsored

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto
Does anyone know the number of the current Sync 3 maps version?

Mine is currently showing ANZ_1 16. Anyone got a later version?

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
I've seen on a Ranger forum that 1.17 is apparently out. I'm still on 1.15. had the car serviced a few weeks ago and asked for them to be updated but they weren't. Complained when they called as a follow up and was told they'd have them call me to arrange to come in but of course they haven't so I complained again on the Ford AU survey I received this week. Not that I expect anything to come of that either.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
My Sync 2 maps were updated during my 24 month service last week without having to ask.

They left a notification sticker on my LCD screen.
Sponsored