Sponsored

Free flow pipes

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
I need some advice on which route to go. Currently have corsa Xpipe and want something more. I'm debating between corsa axleback or cat delete pipes, however I do not wish to tune the car because of W.
Is it completely fine to run cat deletes and O2 spacers without a tune? Warranty is my major concern and I think it's easier just to get the axleback but wish to retain stock valves. I live in AL so emission is not an issue.

Thank you!
Sponsored

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I need some advice on which route to go. Currently have corsa Xpipe and want something more. I'm debating between corsa axleback or cat delete pipes, however I do not wish to tune the car because of W.
Is it completely fine to run cat deletes and O2 spacers without a tune? Warranty is my major concern and I think it's easier just to get the axleback but wish to retain stock valves. I live in AL so emission is not an issue.

Thank you!
I ran the B-line cat deletes for over a year with no tune and zero issues. I would occasionally get a CEL for the rear 02 sensors but would just clear it and be on my way. I now have Stainless Works long tube headers on the car with no tune and haven't thrown a code yet. I do plan to tune it in the next couple of weeks though. From my experience and from what others have told me, running no cats with the factory tune is completely safe. The only downside is that you aren't maximizing the power increase you get from the cat removal.

OP
OP

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
I ran the B-line cat deletes for over a year with no tune and zero issues. I would occasionally get a CEL for the rear 02 sensors but would just clear it and be on my way. I now have Stainless Works long tube headers on the car with no tune and haven't thrown a code yet. I do plan to tune it in the next couple of weeks though. From my experience and from what others have told me, running no cats with the factory tune is completely safe. The only downside is that you aren't maximizing the power increase you get from the cat removal.
Looks like b line offers several options resonated , catted version and non. Which one did you get?

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Looks like b line offers several options resonated , catted version and non. Which one did you get?
I went with the straight pipes. No resonators, no cats. Paired to the factory resonated cat-back.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase

Thank you!
What is the point of running with no converters in place? I get that, back in the day, they could definitely impede exhaust airflow, but modern catalytic converters don't present the same restrictions. I ran the Hellion twin turbos + factory supercharger on my 2010 GT500, making over 850rwhp on the 93 octane tune through a catted x-pipe behind the turbos and never had any issues.

Just wondering what the reasoning was regarding your car?

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
What is the point of running with no converters in place? I get that, back in the day, they could definitely impede exhaust airflow, but modern catalytic converters don't present the same restrictions. I ran the Hellion twin turbos + factory supercharger on my 2010 GT500, making over 850rwhp on the 93 octane tune through a catted x-pipe behind the turbos and never had any issues.

Just wondering what the reasoning was regarding your car?

There really isn't much anymore granted really big power can destroy high flow cats without proper tuning and cat protection in place. Then you have guys like Underground Racing that run FACTORY Lamborghini catalytic convers, pass emissions, and back it with a 3 year warranty. That's a flex right there.

Btw, you guys might want to check out what's going on with the tuning and aftermarket parts industry lately. They are under HUGE fire right now. Stop saying "kitty deletes" and "awf rode". The EPA is watching........

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I'm debating between corsa axleback or cat delete pipes, however I do not wish to tune the car because of W.
Is it completely fine to run cat deletes and O2 spacers without a tune?
It is ILLEGAL to remove emission components. With all that's going on, I can't decide who's dumber, you for bringing this up, or the others for answering your question(s).

I live in AL so emission is not an issue.
Your lack of knowledge is disturbing. EMISSION STANDARDS are FEDERAL. State LAWS mean NOTHING.

Last edited:

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Hey OP?!?!?!!?
Do you even have a clue as to what's going on in the automotive performance industry??

Lurker_350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Tech
Hey OP?!?!?!!?
Do you even have a clue as to what's going on in the automotive performance industry??
I'm obviously not the OP.....but I am intrigued by the multiple references to "what is going on" in the industry right now. I don't utilize emissions deletes nor condone them.

I guess I have been sleeping under a rock lately and have missed the concerns with the industry in general. A bit of background/links for light reading would be appreciated. Are you referring to electrification and planned obsolescence of IC engines?

I'm not being a smart aleck - genuinely asking.

Sorry for the thread hijack!

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I'm obviously not the OP.....but I am intrigued by the multiple references to "what is going on" in the industry right now. I don't utilize emissions deletes nor condone them.

I guess I have been sleeping under a rock lately and have missed the concerns with the industry in general. A bit of background/links for light reading would be appreciated. Are you referring to electrification and planned obsolescence of IC engines?

I'm not being a smart aleck - genuinely asking.

Sorry for the thread hijack!
Not a problem at all.

Check out the threads in this forum. There are videos of people in the industry talking about it. Not good.
So much for "freedom".

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Glad someone else saw his latest show.
Yeah I watch religiously every Tuesday & Sunday. Don't always agree with him but I respect the hell outta him.

2JZFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350
Suggested title for OP, "Free Flowing Upper Pipes with no tune?" at best.. Hopefully OP or the mods can make the necessary changes/sanitize the whole thread.

As others have stated, we need to be better. Everything is potentially at risk.
Sponsored