Sponsored

FR Track Handling Pack Results

bearhart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Hey All,
I recently installed the FP Track Handling Pack on my 2020 GT PP1 Manual. I did the install myself, but did take it to a professional shop to have all of the bushings "clocked" and the car aligned. The results were a mixed bag. The front of the car was lowered by 1.5". I was surprised by the drop but I love the results. Unfortunately, the rear was only lowered by 1/2". The car drives great, is quiet, no creaks or sounds from the suspension, but I would really like to see the rear of the vehicle lowered by another 1/2-3/4".

Couple questions:
1. Can I replace just the rear springs? I have lowered many cars but never mixed/matched springs.
2. I believe the FRPP track springs are progressive. Does this mean I can only replace the rear springs with a progressive spring? Is it bad to mix linear and progressive springs?
3. Can anyone recommend a rear progressive spring that will lower the car in the rear a bit more?

Any recommendations are much appreciated. I will try to post some pics later.
Sponsored

blind*guardian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
You can definitely replace just the rear springs. I'd let someone else recommend a good spring, but there are definitely a lot of threads on various spring comparisons if you search around.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
The FRPP rear springs (track & street) are dual rate…ultimately the active portion of the spring is linear. Fronts are linear purely. You can for sure swap a linear in the back— I dare say you could cut a coil off the non-active portion of the FRPP track spring and be good to go too.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
Are you sure about the drop? My car was 1" lower both front and rear when I installed the Track springs.

OP
OP
bearhart

bearhart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Are you sure about the drop? My car was 1" lower both front and rear when I installed the Track springs.
Yeah. I took quite a few measurements before and after. The front turned out awesome. I'm now considering a set of Sportlines for the rear. Looks like they might have a slightly more aggressive drop.

Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Measured from ground to bottom of fender, the rear is almost 3/4 “ higher than the front on my 17

Last edited:

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
Give it a week or two. I realize it isn't quite the look you are after but maybe it will grow on you. I like the slightly raked look, especially since the front wheel well is larger than the rear. It can look reverse raked when even. As a bonus you avoid the geometry problems in the rear that is created by lowering too far and an affordable bump steer kit can fix the front.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Measured from ground to bottom of fender, the rear seat almost 3/4 “ higher than the front on my 17
Are you sure that your tire pressures were even, at least side to side for each axle?

Norm

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Are you sure that your tire pressures were even, at least side to side for each axle?

Norm
Yes. Car has a slight rake. Could also be the shape of the fenders

Last edited:
OP
OP
bearhart

bearhart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
lowered3_LI.jpg
Lowered1.jpg
lowered4.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
bearhart

bearhart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
This is about 1 month and 500 miles. Looks like the car is fully settled.

OP
OP
bearhart

bearhart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT