Sponsored

Four port exhaust head

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Awhile back someone/company was experimenting with a 4 port exhaust head(vs. the stock single port), does anyone know if anything came of this head? The exhaust note on a EBM is the biggest drawback about the car i.e. its not deep enough due to the single port.
Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
MAP sells both the head and the turbo kit required to use it.

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Awhile back someone/company was experimenting with a 4 port exhaust head(vs. the stock single port), does anyone know if anything came of this head? The exhaust note on a EBM is the biggest drawback about the car i.e. its not deep enough due to the single port.
Where's this single port stuff coming from? The integrated head/exhaust manifold on our cars actually separates the exhaust system out into two outlets: cylinders 1 and 4 in one port and 2 and 3 into the other (for the twin scroll turbo).

I know that Ford Peformance sells a head without a manifold, but using it would require, well. someone to develop a manifold :lol:

P.S. One of the reasons for the integrated manifold is that they can run the engine with a much hotter exhaust gas temperature than they could with a separate manifold (due to cooling passages in the headifold...). It helps improve the Ecoboost efficiency :ford:

GuardEcoBeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard 16 Ecoboost
Adam at Tune+ did a 2.0 head swap for a EBM or RS recently. I dont remember much about it, i think it was a one off build he did for a customer.

OP
OP

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
MAP sells both the head and the turbo kit required to use it.
I saw the head on their website, but I did not see the dedicated turbo kit to go with the head. Thus I was wondering if someone had bought the head, added a turbo and what the results hp-wise was.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Where's this single port stuff coming from? The integrated head/exhaust manifold on our cars actually separates the exhaust system out into two outlets: cylinders 1 and 4 in one port and 2 and 3 into the other (for the twin scroll turbo).

I know that Ford Peformance sells a head without a manifold, but using it would require, well. someone to develop a manifold :lol:

P.S. One of the reasons for the integrated manifold is that they can run the engine with a much hotter exhaust gas temperature than they could with a separate manifold (due to cooling passages in the headifold...). It helps improve the Ecoboost efficiency :ford:
For lack of brevity I referred to it as a single port head. We all know it's a twin scroll turbo set-up, great for efficiency and response. But due to the packaging, it is a little disappointing that even a Fiat 500 Abarth has a heavier/more base sounding exhaust than the EBM. I also wanted to know if the 4 port head produces more hp(flow) than the stock head.

OP
OP

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thanks for finding that. Anybody install one of these yet?
Sponsored