Found a case of a failed recalled oil line

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
This is all another story. Again no straight facts. Now we're hearing of more causes. Before it was said ford sent an engineer to inspect the car, now its 2 techs and a fuel line. Before it was said to be a snap ring. :crazy:
You're still going out of your way to create facts out of thin air.
Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I'd be interested to see if there are any cases of a blown hose causing a total engine loss; that Ford is refusing to warrantee because they sent us a letter about the problem.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I realized this came off a little harsh - not my intention. It just seems like people are so worked up over this, they are wanting to read between lines that aren't even there. There's a process for all things and it isn't automatically a conspiracy to screw everyone over.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
The dealer tech found the problem with me standing there. There wasn't any oil showing on the dipstick so they added 5 quarts of oil to the engine. A quick visual inspection didn't reveal the issue right off, so the tech (with the help of another tech) attempted the turn the motor over via the starter to build oil pressure. When they tried that as soon as the fuel pump kicked on, they found a fuel line ruptured and gas sprayed everywhere. After the fuel pump relay was removed, they tried the test again. This time is was very apparent where all the oil was coming from. It was not an oil line.
Thanks for the clarification, Joe... helps understand the detail put into investigating the cause and silencing some hypotheses floating around out there, including the supposed yahoo article.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
[MENTION=9260]stanglife[/MENTION] thank you for probably reiterating, more politely than me, this is not a total screw over by ford. There is a process to this. Yes we all want the fix asap but it just takes time. People don't realize some of the contracted vendors my be very small business,15/20 or less, just to keep up with regular production parts is hard enough let alone to say now we need 4 thousand additional asap. I don't know that to be true but??. My whole point is,there are worse recalls out there with bigger safety issues than an oil line. I just get ready annoyed when I hear " death, or some one brought up what if a motorcycle is behind you if it blows,,,, what it I trip in the shower tomorrow and hit my head? Life is full of risk every day. Driving a vehicle is one of them, any vehicle.

Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
[MENTION=9260]stanglife[/MENTION] thank you for probably reiterating, more politely than me, this is not a total screw over by ford. There is a process to this. Yes we all want the fix asap but it just takes time. People don't realize some of the contracted vendors my be very small business,15/20 or less, just to keep up with regular production parts is hard enough let alone to say now we need 4 thousand additional asap. I don't know that to be true but??. My whole point is,there are worse recalls out there with bigger safety issues than an oil line. I just get ready annoyed when I hear " death, or some one brought up what if a motorcycle is behind you if it blows,,,, what it I trip in the shower tomorrow and hit my head? Life is full of risk every day. Driving a vehicle is one of them, any vehicle.
You can't tell a difference between you slipping in the shower and driving a car with a known issue that can cause a major accident if it breaks? :headbonk:

Ford is a massive company and I'm sure they can find more than one mom and pop hose manufacturer to spit out some hoses after making sure they are making the correct ones.

It's been shown time and time again through history that cars that are prone to catching fire pose a significant hazard for their occupants and sometimes others.

I can't wait for whatever extremely poor analogy you try and come up with next. :doh:

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
im telling you o got the same chance, probably better of slipping in the shower as in another post of a failed oil line and a motorcycle behind me. Some of you are trying to make this recall out to be a ticking time bomb!!
Please someone look up total numbers of 350's out there and total numbers that caught one fire, or blown an oil line. I'll even let you include the ones with the oil filters that came off.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
You guys be bitter and angry I'll go enjoy my car, worry free. If I suddenly blow up in a burst of flames you can say " We tried you tell him" lol

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
im telling you o got the same chance, probably better of slipping in the shower as in another post of a failed oil line and a motorcycle behind me. Some of you are trying to make this recall out to be a ticking time bomb!!
Please someone look up total numbers of 350's out there and total numbers that caught one fire, or blown an oil line. I'll even let you include the ones with the oil filters that came off.
Possibly and it might be. I get that there is risk in everyday life, but why add more to it if you don't have to? Especially when it is something as easy as this to fix.

It's been said by me and others. They are freaking hoses with crimps on the end of them. They've been manufactured for how many decades in the automotive industry? It shouldn't take months to get the parts available to the dealers or customers period.

They aren't reinventing the wheel. But, they are unnecessarily opening themselves up to trouble they (Ford) don't want or need.

As I said, they are a huge company so the bureaucracy is the only thing I can think of that is slowing down getting the parts available.

Try for just a second to not think like a fanboy and look at it from a different perspective.

FYI, I hope you don't run into issues on your trip. I don't even mean the dangerous kind. But, just a breakdown is going result in the car being in the dealership for quite awhile and be a pain in the ass to deal with, especially if out of town.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
While I'm still driving my car - I did decide not to attend an HPDE event this month - so yes, I want it fixed, too.

People worry different amounts about different things. That's fine. Some people don't leave the house if there's a cloud in the sky...that's fine. Let's not make things up in order to make the risk of the situation equate to the amount you worry about something, though.

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I'm not creating facts, I'm simply going by what has been said and posted. Sorry if anyone takes it as a threat. I'm well aware of how the recall and TSB works. I think a lot of people are taking me the wrong way. I am not blaming anyone, I am not pointing fingers or accusing anyone. My point is some people complain about the build quality, paint, gaps, etc.
If one of these oil lines burst while driving that is a danger to you and anyone else around you. The guys car in the OP is lucky he didn't lose control or worse. It's clearly seen in that picture that oil has gotten on his tires. Not to mention he's on a highway and a busy one with traffic. My main point is safety. Not people crying about panel gaps, paint, interior, radio. To me this is a more serious issue that is not being taken serious enough. I apologize if I offend anyone as that's not my intention.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
You don't get it do you?
Are you aware of the air bag recalls? I am and have been dealing with 100s of them on a weekly basis.
I can't believe you don't get the fact of oil on pavement and tires. Yeah what if a motorcycle was behind that car with the blown lines? I'm sure it's like slipping in the shower. :crazy:
Correct it takes time to make parts, correct it takes time to replace them. Im not arguing that. But as with any safety issue it's a over due process.
By the way I am not blaming ford or its supplier for the hoses. I'm saying this is and can become a serious issue. Sorry if you do not get that.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Look buddy,
Nobody is saying how many has or will happened, nobody knows that. Stop being ignorant. Like it or not it's a safety issue.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Purely objective comment - I don't recall hearing about tech involvement or a fuel line. My only understanding was that a snap ring failed which allowed a plug to blow out which resulted in oil spew from the engine.

I'm still curious if the snap ring itself failed, was never seated fully, or the oil filter adapter wasn't machined properly which then led to the snap ring not being seated, etc.

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
Purely objective comment - I don't recall hearing about tech involvement or a fuel line. My only understanding was that a snap ring failed which allowed a plug to blow out which resulted in oil spew from the engine.

I'm still curious if the snap ring itself failed, was never seated fully, or the oil filter adapter wasn't machined properly which then led to the snap ring not being seated, etc.
Good points. I noticed on mine, and others pictured here, that the oil cap/E-ring has markings on it, initials, perhaps indicating inspection. I wonder if someone with an earlier build engine than Joe's (the yellow one which caught fire) has these same markings, or was an extra inspection step, including the marking, added after Joe's incident. Maybe someone with a early build could shed light on this?

The more I think about it, mine was built sometime in May, long before the fire, so, my premise does not make sense. Carry on....
Sponsored