Forscan restore

ckcmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clement
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016
Guys, I screwed up for not storing a back up file before playing with the numbers in forscan config. But I did take a photo shot of all the values/numbers before messing with them. If I rewrite all the original numbers accordingly, does that mean everything will be restored to original? Or the those numbers will become invalid once I messed up.
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'd do it from your photo, since I don't know how to restore values on a module from the motorcraft file, since it includes ALL freaking codes. And I've never seen instructions how to restore a module from that file; only from a saved module file (which I always do). It'd be nice to see specific instructions on how to only restore a module from the motorcraft file.

Sponsored

i8iridium

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Latest version of forscan actually downloads the stock values for you. There's a new button on the bottom of the screen when you're in the module.

OP
OP

ckcmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clement
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016
Thanks for the feedback and I will first to try inputting the original figures to see I can get my original setting back.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
There's a new button on the bottom of the screen when you're in the module.
Which button? And which version of FORScan is that? I have version 2.3.33. If you're talking about the floppy disk button, I tried it, out of curiosity, and did nothing. Had to save the module like always: 'save all', then select my FORScan folder. To restore a previously stored module, you just use 'restore all', and select the appropriate file.

What I was asking is how to restore all values of one module with the Motorcraft file that has ALL files in bulk. If you use 'restore all', and select that file, would it just use the correct files for that module???

i8iridium

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Which button? And which version of FORScan is that? I have version 2.3.33. If you're talking about the floppy disk button, I tried it, out of curiosity, and did nothing. Had to save the module like always: 'save all', then select my FORScan folder. To restore a previously stored module, you just use 'restore all', and select the appropriate file.

What I was asking is how to restore all values of one module with the Motorcraft file that has ALL files in bulk. If you use 'restore all', and select that file, would it just use the correct files for that module???
You can't directly restore it from the Motorcraft site with a file, what i was referring to in forscan version 2.3.35 it will reach out to the motorcraft site for you and put all the stock values in to the blocks and you upload it to your module.
InkedCapture_LI.jpg

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Oh, nice. My version doesn't have the 'FCIM Module Configuration (As Built Format)' tab, and neither does the 'Load Factory AB' button you circled. That's awesome. No need to keep the Motorcraft file saved anymore, since I can't see it anyway. When I want to check something, I have to go to the Motorcraft site, and see it there. At any rate, guess I need to download the latest version of FORScan. Thank you for posting that :D.
Sponsored