Window trim sunfading fix/restore?

TrainedS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium
Hey guys, as the title states, has anyone found a repair/fix to the sunbleaching on the window trim and quarter window seal? Considered wrap and plastidip but see both have their drawbacks. Anyone ever just replaced them all? And if so where did you find the part? Can't find it anywhere.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Can you post pics of the affected areas? On both my prior 2016 and current 2018, none of the trim mentioned ever sun bleached.

Are you sure it’s not wax/polish products that may have contaminated the surfaces?

Deleted member 35644

This stuff was a dull, blackish-gray from the factory, so it doesn't take long, or much, to make it look bleached. I keep the trim on the Mustang bathed in 303, but for the ones that area already sun damaged, the only 'fix' I've used with any success is WipeNew. It can be difficult to use, so be careful if you go that route, as it's actually a permanent coating. Don't use it on hard plastics, as it will turn white, as it did on the bed caps on my Canyon. Worked great on the window trim on my prior Focus. I've had no luck with products such as Back to Black. They wash off. I see Cerakote is making a trim coat, but I've never tried it.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Wax it. That helps keep it looking good, and keeps the color dark.
Sponsored