Forscan info

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
Can anyone give me a quick rundown of what Forscan is and what it can do for a 21 GT? Will it void my warranty if I connect it to my ECU? I've read a lot of threads that people use it for flattening out the EQ curve...could that be done and keep the car's warranty?
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
In theory they can see if you make any write changes to any of the modules, so it would be an easy excuse to deny a warranty repair that's module related in the future even though the changes you make can't really damage anything.

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
In theory they can see if you make any write changes to any of the modules, so it would be an easy excuse to deny a warranty repair that's module related in the future even though the changes you make can't really damage anything.
You're not going to cause a warranty denial by adjusting your stereo equalizer.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
You're not going to cause a warranty denial by adjusting your stereo equalizer.
It doesn't matter what you change, forscan is an unsupported way to interface and make changes. That's my point. Would it cause an issue? Probably not, but that's why I phrased it the way I did. It's an easy out.

OP
OP
joe603

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
Thanks guys!

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
It doesn't matter what you change, forscan is an unsupported way to interface and make changes. That's my point. Would it cause an issue? Probably not, but that's why I phrased it the way I did. It's an easy out.
Theyā€™re just not checking for that, itā€™s your own car donā€™t live in fear of losing a warranty on what is a $200-$300 module.

if the module is dead how are they gonna know itā€™s been modified

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Theyā€™re just not checking for that, itā€™s your own car donā€™t live in fear of losing a warranty on what is a $200-$300 module.

if the module is dead how are they gonna know itā€™s been modified
Pretty sure it's an immediate flag on IDS if the system "build" is modified. It's not 2005 anymore, the car companies have gotten smart.

With that said, I agree. You should do what you like with your own car. Just don't be surprised if warranty nopes out. If you actually need it, then its best not to mess with anything.

TW Merema

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TW
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Pretty sure it's an immediate flag on IDS if the system "build" is modified. It's not 2005 anymore, the car companies have gotten smart.

With that said, I agree. You should do what you like with your own car. Just don't be surprised if warranty nopes out. If you actually need it, then its best not to mess with anything.
Iā€™ve modded with Forscan my last 3 vehicles, 2-2018 F-150ā€™s and now the Mustang. There have been recalls and TSBā€™s for the BCMā€˜s on the pickups, they never said a peep about having the codes modified.
Sponsored