KingMatt24

KingMatt24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I’m not too familiar with it, that’s odd. But worst case you could always download and register with another email on another computer I suppose
Sponsored

OP
OP
KingMatt24

KingMatt24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
just cleared the adaptive transmission tables again and disabled adaptive transmission learning right after. Let’s see how it goes. Will go on a quick test drive soon. Whoever thought adaptive transmission learning on a 10 speed sports car was a good idea isn’t exactly the sharpest tool in the shed

OP
OP
KingMatt24

KingMatt24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
The difference is night and day and both normal mode and sports mode. It actually behaves like a normal transmission now.
Sports mode was too much fun and it doesn’t completely punish me on every single upshift anymore. It’ll actually hold gears longer to rev out more instead of looking to upshift so soon like before. 3rd gear is an absolute monster now, it’s way more eager to rev out more and sounds insane. Before if I applied that kind of throttle in 3rd it would’ve been gone to 4th and 5th

OP
OP
KingMatt24

KingMatt24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
normal mode wasn’t constantly trying to gear hunt 25/8 and felt way more traditional, I didn’t have to much time to truly test the responsiveness compared to before noticed it responded well to the one time I did a sudden throttle input compared to before where normal mode was a complete joke.

Sorry, I was having too much fun with this new sports mode shifting to stay in normal mode too long 😅

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
The difference is night and day and both normal mode and sports mode. It actually behaves like a normal transmission now.
Sports mode was too much fun and it doesn’t completely punish me on every single upshift anymore.
Sounds a lot like when you reset the learned parameters which you did when you said you cleared it.

Now hoping this doesn't go away eg. it actually disabled the learning, so get back to us in a few days.

Sponsored

OP
OP
KingMatt24

KingMatt24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Sounds a lot like when you reset the learned parameters which you did when you said you cleared it.

Now hoping this doesn't go away eg. it actually disabled the learning, so get back to us in a few days.
Yeah hopefully the reset + disabling it makes stay away for good. It should, I’ll provide an update in a couple days

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah hopefully the reset + disabling it makes stay away for good.
ALL HAIL THE DUMB TRANSMISSION ! THE SUPERIOR SPECIES !
Hopefully it sticks. Self learning tranny's was a dumb idea since day one.

OP
OP
KingMatt24

KingMatt24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
ALL HAIL THE DUMB TRANSMISSION ! THE SUPERIOR SPECIES !
Hopefully it sticks. Self learning tranny's was a dumb idea since day one.
Such a horrible idea. I was shocked in sports mode when it was so eager to rev past 5K and not hurry to upshift, doesn’t even drive like the same car anymore

OP
OP
KingMatt24

KingMatt24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Just an a quick update a few hundred miles later… absolutely no changes.
No more adaptive learning bs. Sports mode is a beast and is how a sports mode should be. Before my sports mode was super harsh on every single upshift pretty much no matter what and would be desperate to upshift early. Now it’s way smoother with less “aggressive” driving and a complete monster and very rev happy when you give it gas.

Normal mode is more responsive, before it was an absolute joke how I could apply throttle and nothing would happen. But I will say normal mode shifts a little harder than it did before overall. There’s way less skip shifting on lower gears and doesn’t feel like it’s gear hunting 24/7 anymore

OP
OP
KingMatt24

KingMatt24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Overall I’m very happy after turning off adaptive transmission learning, it made a fun car that much more “traditional” and enjoyable. Also started playing around with paddle shifting the past few days, the downshifts are crazy. Did I mention this was a fun car?

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Overall I’m very happy after turning off adaptive transmission learning, it made a fun car that much more “traditional” and enjoyable. Also started playing around with paddle shifting the past few days, the downshifts are crazy. Did I mention this was a fun car?
Congrats on beating Ford at their own game.

MLO 351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
King Matt24 appreciate the updates.
Have you noticed the 3, 2, 1, downshifts when coming to a stop are smoother?

Last edited:

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
It’s a shame I had to do this for it to behave normal but it’s such a simple fix and I’m happy now
I did what you did on my buddies 10R80 last night. He wants to buy you a two-four haha.

OP
OP
KingMatt24

KingMatt24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
King Matt24 appreciate the updates.
Have you noticed the 3, 2, 1, downshifts when coming to a stop are smoother?
They were smooth to begin with for me and still smooth. However my transmission most likely has a mechanical issue so I’m getting that checked out next week. Hopefully in a perfect scenario my car will shift perfectly smooth in normal as well
Sponsored