Formula 1 talk.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; The race was more interesting than most. Some chance of an upset at the end.

I do not quite follow why MB screwed over Russel. I get how the pit stop was insurance of a sort for the overall team finish.
Sponsored

Yorkshire_OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Hello; The race was more interesting than most. Some chance of an upset at the end.

I do not quite follow why MB screwed over Russel. I get how the pit stop was insurance of a sort for the overall team finish.
I bet they asked both if they thought they should pit, Russell was the lead car so he should have got first pick fully expecting Hamilton to pit also... but he didn't. Would be interesting to know if he was told to. Or it could just be they were safe in those positions and they are not going for any championships this year so maybe run it as a test session to see how quick they could run? it was an odd one for sure to give away a position to a team mate.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
I bet they asked both if they thought they should pit, Russell was the lead car so he should have got first pick fully expecting Hamilton to pit also... but he didn't. Would be interesting to know if he was told to. Or it could just be they were safe in those positions and they are not going for any championships this year so maybe run it as a test session to see how quick they could run? it was an odd one for sure to give away a position to a team mate.
Hello; The race announcers on the TV channel I get were listening to the team radio between Russell. According to the announcers, if i heard correctly, Russell asked if Lewis would give the place back & the team told him that would not happen. With delays and level of bone headedness of the race announcers it may well be that part was after the Russell pit stop.

I do like your idea of a test session and quick run. Russell may have gotten fast lap. Now that i think of it they have never had much control over Lewis and he is leaving. Russell is, I guess, to be the #1 driver next year but that can change.

Sponsored

Yorkshire_OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
All I'm getting is this
1716385930490-tl.png

I love the sentiment, and they can't really go back to the Marlborough colours for obvious reasons. So I'll allow it.

Sponsored

Weather756

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Hello; Looks like a good chance for someone other than Max to win.
I think it is going to be a good race. If Max can stay out of trouble at the start he could get a podium finish. Red Bulls race pace is not bad.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
I think it is going to be a good race. If Max can stay out of trouble at the start he could get a podium finish. Red Bulls race pace is not bad.
Hello; I agree with this assessment. Such is possible. Hard track to pass on no matter what and the cars in front of him are fast is my take. Of course, Ferrari could do the things they are known to do in terms of race management. I have no opinion about McLaren race management, nor do I know if they set up for qualifying over race pace.