Formula 1 talk.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Might want to re-read my post...check out the bold and underlined part.
Hello; I did not miss that part. Does the driver get out and change the tires/wheels during a pit stop? Driver is part of a team. Thing about being in a hole is to stop digging.
Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Hello; I did not miss that part. Does the driver get out and change the tires/wheels during a pit stop? Driver is part of a team. Thing about being in a hole is to stop digging.
I think you have not really read my past few posts...but if you have I guess we agree to disagree or I ignore your replies. 🤔

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I think you have not really read my past few posts...but if you have I guess we agree to disagree or I ignore your replies. 🤔
probably best to ignore, dude just can’t get simple meaning. Like the tire changers and crew were with Max when HE decided not to lift and dive bomb into the corner lol. He blames Lewis, yet forgets Max did the exact same thing to Ocon in the exact same corner, I’m sure he will blame Ocon on that though, and he should’ve given Max “room”.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
probably best to ignore, dude just can’t get simple meaning. Like the tire changers and crew were with Max when HE decided not to lift and dive bomb into the corner lol. He blames Lewis, yet forgets Max did the exact same thing to Ocon in the exact same corner, I’m sure he will blame Ocon on that though, and he should’ve given Max “room”.
Probably a good time to mention Hamilton's clash with Sainz on Sunday. Same situation but Hamilton moved right over the kerb instead of initiating race ending contact. It's the old saying, "you can't win a race on the first lap, but you can certainly lose it".

Of course, Carlos didn't see it that way.
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-...pen-F1-news-Abu-Dhabi-Grand-Prix-Carlos-Sainz

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Probably a good time to mention Hamilton's clash with Sainz on Sunday. Same situation but Hamilton moved right over the kerb instead of initiating race ending contact. It's the old saying, "you can't win a race on the first lap, but you can certainly lose it".

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-...pen-F1-news-Abu-Dhabi-Grand-Prix-Carlos-Sainz
one of the post race interviews though Carlos did say he would’ve done the same thing after seeing the replay. But you are right, Lewis wasn’t going to make it and has 2 options, Hit him or go over the curb, he chooses the curb damn near every time. Max just runs into Lewis and hopes it goes his way. Like he said I saw him, I wasn’t going to lift.

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Best to ignore huh? I get it. Cover the ears when someone is saying something you do not want to hear, that will fix um. I am sure there is a term for what has been happening in these back and forths. When we get to a point where the counter to my argument cannot be properly made then skew a response away from the actual point.
Yes, the driver is alone in driving the car but is still part of a team. Lots of individuals put hands on the car other than the driver. Some before and after a race but a tire change team of at least ten people during the actual race.
There are some sports where an individual does everything involved but F1 racing is not one of them. The basic setup for F1 is fielding a team of two nearly identical cars with a crew who take care of the cars. In fact, I am pretty sure the same tire change crew does the tire changes for both of the team cars.

Guess I could go back and examine how this discussion got diverted to a back and forth of what a team is. I guess in a fantasy world the only thing which counts are the drivers. In the real world the drivers are still a part of the whole. Pretending I cannot grasp a simple meaning only works as part of that fantasy world.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Like this.

and this.

and with music.

he’s no different then any other driver. Funny how peoples’s memories are so short or conveniently ignore the facts if it doesn’t suit there narrative.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Like this.

and this.

and with music.

he’s no different then any other driver. Funny how peoples’s memories are so short or conveniently ignore the facts if it doesn’t suit there narrative.
Well other than the 7 championships, 103 wins, 103 poles, and 191 podiums. So over 16 seasons and over 300 races you come up with 2 videos. Exactly who is ignoring facts here?

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Well other than the 7 championships, 103 wins, 103 poles, and 191 podiums. So over 16 seasons and over 300 races you come up with 2 videos. Exactly who is ignoring facts here?
Hello; Not that it makes a lot of difference, but I count three videos. However, I have come to understand basic facts do not count for much in your arguments. Let me try to wade thru the distraction you present.
All the things you say about Lewis may be correct but are a distraction away from the topic we have been discussing. That topic was about the most recent crash between Max and Lewis. More specifically about how often Lewis seems to get a favorable outcome than not. My part of the recent discussion was sidetracked into several posts about F1 being team centered vs. driver centered.
I see the videos as being back to the point rather than ignoring facts. Hamilton had his day and some good outcomes. These good outcomes do not change the nature of who he is.

EDIT- I do get this member may have me on ignore. Such may be confusing to the rest of us.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Always a fan boy. Can’t count very well either. There’s three videos and that’s the only ones I posted. There’s multiple incidents as well. But carry on.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Yes, the driver is alone in driving the car but is still part of a team. Lots of individuals put hands on the car other than the driver. Some before and after a race but a tire change team of at least ten people during the actual race.
There are some sports where an individual does everything involved but F1 racing is not one of them. The basic setup for F1 is fielding a team of two nearly identical cars with a crew who take care of the cars. In fact, I am pretty sure the same tire change crew does the tire changes for both of the team cars.

Guess I could go back and examine how this discussion got diverted to a back and forth of what a team is. I guess in a fantasy world the only thing which counts are the drivers. In the real world the drivers are still a part of the whole. Pretending I cannot grasp a simple meaning only works as part of that fantasy world.
Gonna try one more time and then I will just /addignore. The driver is the ONLY one on the circuit...period. Just as the 11 players on a football team are the ONLY ones on the field during a game. Yes the ENTIRE team and staff make it all happen in their own efforts...but when the red lights go out these guys make it or break it.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Gonna try one more time and then I will just /addignore. The driver is the ONLY one on the circuit...period. Just as the 11 players on a football team are the ONLY ones on the field during a game. Yes the ENTIRE team and staff make it all happen in their own efforts...but when the red lights go out these guys make it or break it.
Hello; Again you are not correct. Just before the formation lap the crews are on the track getting the cars ready. After the race starts the crews are on the track's pit lane (you know where the actual race cars drive, so it must be part of the track.) (Sometimes if the racing part of the track is blocked a safety car can lead the cars thru the pit lane while clean up happens.)
Even if somehow you cannot accept that the pit lane is part of the track, things that happen in the pit area affect the outcome of the race. A botched pit stop can rob seconds. An unsafe release can cost a 5 second penalty. The team can make a call about tire choice or when to box which affects the outcome of a race.
The driver is the only one actually driving the car for sure, but not the only one affecting the outcome of a race in real time. I did not include the esoteric functions of the team engineers making calculation about fuel use and power settings or some such.

Putting me on ignore will not change these facts by the way. You have a very simplistic view of what is a team effort.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Hello; Again you are not correct. Just before the formation lap the crews are on the track getting the cars ready. After the race starts the crews are on the track's pit lane (you know where the actual race cars drive, so it must be part of the track.) (Sometimes if the racing part of the track is blocked a safety car can lead the cars thru the pit lane while clean up happens.)
Even if somehow you cannot accept that the pit lane is part of the track, things that happen in the pit area affect the outcome of the race. A botched pit stop can rob seconds. An unsafe release can cost a 5 second penalty. The team can make a call about tire choice or when to box which affects the outcome of a race.
The driver is the only one actually driving the car for sure, but not the only one affecting the outcome of a race in real time. I did not include the esoteric functions of the team engineers making calculation about fuel use and power settings or some such.

Putting me on ignore will not change these facts by the way. You have a very simplistic view of what is a team effort.
Yup, you just can't understand obviously what I am saying. The circuit is not hot then just as the game has not started on the football field when everyone is practicing before the game.

You are intentionally being pedantic at this point. I think you might be my first ignore on here.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Quote timeless;
"The driver is the ONLY one on the circuit...period. "

"The circuit is not hot then just as the game has not started on the football field when everyone is practicing before the game."

Hello; Perhaps if you are allowed to control the narrative in terms of creating your own definition of a team effort, then your take can work. I will simply not go along with this notion.
Easiest example to refute your claim are the tire changers working on the car in the midst of the active racing. You skip over that part and the help a driver gets from the engineers using real time telemetry. Drivers are necessary parts of the team, but there are others also necessary. It is not the driver only who determine the outcome of a race. In fact, without these others the car will not run in a race.

It is a team effort, and the driver is not the only one in action. The driver is part of a team. I get from over these many posts that you are only focused on drivers. More specifically on one driver. Use a narrow definition for your own use. Just do not expect the rest of us to deny reality.
Interesting sidetrack but is rebutted.

The ploy of claiming I just do not or am unable to understand also is not working. I would have to buy into a tweaked redefining of reality on your terms for that claim to work.