Formula 1 talk.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
The shot on Horner not being in charge. All of these drivers are grown men and solely responsible for the douchbaggery. Verstappen, Hamilton, etc. What Verstappen doesn‘t realize, probably due to his Dad’s nonsense, is regardless of the two titles, he’s replaceable. Redbull is probably the one team where the Team Principle is the most important component.

OK, I missed it. What are you addressing?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
The shot on Horner not being in charge. All of these drivers are grown men and solely responsible for the douchbaggery. Verstappen, Hamilton, etc. What Verstappen doesn‘t realize, probably due to his Dad’s nonsense, is regardless of the two titles, he’s replaceable. Redbull is probably the one team where the Team Principle is the most important component.
Got it, I know Horner is #1 but where does RB go from here. Max openly disobeyed a team order. There was no excuse for that. And after Perez’s comment you can forget team unity. A total cluster for RB.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
It’s not a total cf. Regardless of what is reported Horner set that straight. No different then the nonsense with Vettel and Weber in the past or what Wolf had to deal with with Hamilton and Rosberg. Unity between drivers on a team is seldom present it just doesn’t come out in in full view very often like it did today with Verstappen. Unfortunately most of these guys don’t have a support network to help keep them some what grounded.

Got it, I know Horner is #1 but where does RB go from here. Max openly disobeyed a team order. There was no excuse for that. And after Perez’s comment you can forget team unity. A total cluster for RB.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Forgot to add this. Completely agree that Verstappen looked like a colossal douche. He did an irreparable harm to his reputation for a pointless decision.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Forgot to add this. Completely agree that Verstappen looked like a colossal douche. He did an irreparable harm to his reputation for a pointless decision.
Hello; Agree. Now in my eyes max is just another ____ . Same as Hamilton has been for years. No need to put his co driver's 2nd place points position in jeopardy.

As for the penalty Max got, it was same old same old. Max was on the far-right edge of the road with no place left to still be on the track. Hamilton had plenty of track to his left but was not willing to give space.

Seems F1 can do without both of them ( Max & Lewis)and a few others as far as I am concerned.

Now will Mercedes and some others who were so vocal this time about resuming racing before all the lapped cars had made it around sing out again? The protests were nonstop for most of a year until they had a new song about cost caps to sing. I await the renewed chorus.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Horner will need to do something to re-establish control....we may never know what it is. If it were me, I'd make sure Max has zero chance of being in contention the last race whatever that entails. What Max wants right now is to add to his record of winning races for the season...so take that away to show control.

As to the racing incident between him and Lewis, it is the same it has ever been. The difference is Lewis had nothing to lose and did not give ground. It is risky as you never know who is going to come out on top with those so Lewis typically gives ground. Max's go to move is always to late brake and dive into the corner and hope the other driver gives way...which works most of the time.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Horner will need to do something to re-establish control....we may never know what it is. If it were me, I'd make sure Max has zero chance of being in contention the last race whatever that entails. What Max wants right now is to add to his record of winning races for the season...so take that away to show control.
I'm not sure what Horner will do with his prima donna. They keep saying F1 is a team sport but Max's arrogance has shown he is not on board. Every time I think he has finally grown up and goes ahead and disappoints. Not that he cares.

As to the racing incident between him and Lewis, it is the same it has ever been. The difference is Lewis had nothing to lose and did not give ground. It is risky as you never know who is going to come out on top with those so Lewis typically gives ground. Max's go to move is always to late brake and dive into the corner and hope the other driver gives way...which works most of the time.
This is the way they race each other. This is never going to change. If the roles were reversed would Lewis have dive bombed Max. Probably. Would Toto have said Max should have given more room (just like Horner did with Lewis). Of course. I really all good theater. I understand why the penalty was given but it really wasn't necessary.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Now will Mercedes and some others who were so vocal this time about resuming racing before all the lapped cars had made it around sing out again? The protests were nonstop for most of a year until they had a new song about cost caps to sing. I await the renewed chorus.
Lewis Hamilton takes fresh swipe over 'manipulated' Max Verstappen F1 title (msn.com)

Hello; Looks like someone is not over this yet.

I get why there will not be an outcry because they restarted racing yesterday while a lapped car was still mid pack and had not made it to the front and allowed to go around. No one (with juice) had an advantage to gain or a claim of loss. Yet the Race director (Masi) was driven out of the sport and lost his job due to the continued outcry a year ago. Thing is the same thing happened yesterday. Will the current race director also be canned? Such would be the precedent set.

Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Lewis Hamilton takes fresh swipe over 'manipulated' Max Verstappen F1 title (msn.com)

Hello; Looks like someone is not over this yet.

I get why there will not be an outcry because they restarted racing yesterday while a lapped car was still mid pack and had not made it to the front and allowed to go around. No one (with juice) had an advantage to gain or a claim of loss. Yet the Race director (Masi) was driven out of the sport and lost his job due to the continued outcry a year ago. Thing is the same thing happened yesterday. Will the current race director also be canned? Such would be the precedent set.
I know I would not be over it...probably for the rest of my life.

You are talking a world record 8 time championship...something that only comes along once.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I'm not sure if you are once again just trying to be an ass? don't know the rules? or just don't follow F1 as much as you try and claim you do?

They explained yesterday why he was unable to unlap himself, he crossed the safety car line twice once on track then afterwards diving into the pits, the system thought he already unlapped himself. it's more a track issue than anything else. Straight from the FIA "All of the systems functioned correctly and according to the regulations. The unusual situation arose as a result of the idiosyncrasies of the specific circuit and scenario."

Last edited:

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Im not sure if you are once again just trying to be a ass? dont know the rules? or just dont follow F1 as much as you try and claim you do?

They explained yesterday why we was unable to unlap himself, he crossed the safety car line twice once on track then afterwards diving into the pits, the system though he already did. its more a track issue then anything else. Straight from the FIA "All of the systems functioned correctly and according to the regulations. The unusual situation arose as a result of the idiosyncrasies of the specific circuit and scenario."
Hello; Lowering yourself down to name calling. Truthfully I stopped watching the race after the checkered flag so did not see any of the convoluted reasoning as to why this time it was not a big deal compared to the controversial last time. Same thing happened did it not?? They resumed racing before the lapped cars had cleared the pack. A big difference is no big team or big-name driver has anything to gain by making a stink.
They drove Masi out for doing exactly the same thing last year is the point.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Hello; Lowering yourself down to name calling. Truthfully I stopped watching the race after the checkered flag so did not see any of the convoluted reasoning as to why this time it was not a big deal compared to the controversial last time. Same thing happened did it not?? They resumed racing before the lapped cars had cleared the pack. A big difference is no big team or big-name driver has anything to gain by making a stink.
They drove Masi out for doing exactly the same thing last year is the point.
No, the same thing DID NOT happen, the safety car came in the lap AFTER the cars were waved around just like the rules state... We all get it, the rule is hard for you to understand. Even though it's been pointed out time and time and time and time again for you, you can't seem to understand that a rule was broken. Very few people complained about why just let the cars between Max and Lewis by last year, most understand that it states "any" and that doesn't mean "all" though it's always been all before that incident. what most are "crying" about as you say, the rule (once again because you can't seem to understand this) the safety car come in the lap AFTER the cars are waved around. that rule was broken, that's why Lewis didn't pit. IF they knew that rule was going to be broken, they would have had Lewis come in.

The sad part is, because you are such a Lewis hater, if he would've pitted and Max stayed out, then Masi did the same thing. you'd be crying that Masi gave Lewis the championship by breaking the rules. And dont sit here and act like you wouldnt.
Sponsored