Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
FWIW:

Auto Motor und Sport reports that both Ford and Hyundai have been considering Formula 1 in 2026 and now that Porsche interest is fading after failing to hook up with Red Bull it's becoming even more likely.

Would be great to see Ford back again. Hopefully this time with their own name since they don't own Jaguar anymore.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
FIA face calls to strip Max Verstappen and instate Lewis Hamilton as F1 champion (msn.com)

Hello; Let me start by saying this idea is a crock. A twisted sideways backstairs around the block ploy to pull a sneaky rewrite of history on us. This "they spent too much" so take away the championship idea will degrade F1 if it goes ahead.

Thing is many of us can live without F1. I quit NFL (football) a few years ago after having watched it since the 1960's. Tha the knelling during the national anthem/flag ceremonies was allowed to continue was too much. I can go back to NASCAR now that Jeff Gordon has quit racing.

I started to post some of the silly articles about what a shame it will be if Lewis does not win a race this season. Gee, how many other drivers will not win this year? How many never win during an entire career? LH is a multimillionare (tens of millions a year) and we are to feel sorry that he is not winning. Winning is not a right reserved for VIP's. That is why we have the races to see who wins on the track.

Many years ago the F1 race was held at Indy. After some practice runs it was determined one tire brand was not safe to run on that track. The tire company offered to fly in a better suitted tire for the teams using it's tires. Ferrari raised a stink and the race was run without the strongest competing teams. It was a Michael S. parade run with his faithful #2 obediently behind. So glad i did not make the six hour drive that year. I was disgusted at the spectacle and was no longer a Ferrari fan.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I started to post some of the silly articles about what a shame it will be if Lewis does not win a race this season. Gee, how many other drivers will not win this year? How many never win during an entire career? LH is a multimillionare (tens of millions a year) and we are to feel sorry that he is not winning. Winning is not a right reserved for VIP's. That is why we have the races to see who wins on the track.
I agree with you. LH is not exceptional. It would be a shame if any 7 time world champion fails to win a race this year. Absolutely, without exception.

Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
if a team has cheated all year by either running under weight car, out of spec fuel or spending more than the rules say they are allowed to spend then they should get punished and punished heavily. Toyota learned the lesson in WRC and why shouldn't a Formula One get the same level of penalty. If that 'cheating' on one season allows for a carry over of gains into the next season then boom they get punished for that / this season too. Otherwise as said, Teams will break the rules knowing it's a fine at worst which they will have factored in and decided they can afford it.

All this rubbish about I saw it on tv therefore it stands as was / is, it's just utter crap. Look up Tour De France, seems to be a gap between 1999 and 2005 for winners yet I and millions more watched it on tv and in person and someone was first each of those years but then was found out years later. If you are caught cheating then the penalty should be the same whether you are caught on the day or 12 months later or whenever time later. If Teams don't like it, don't cheat or go play another sport.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Well talk about possible cheating, did you see Max’s reaction after Q3 today? Wow! Anyway, each of the top teams are 1, 2, 3 for tomorrow’s race. Hamilton gets his 1st top 3. Here’s hoping for an exciting race.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hello; A question I would like to have answered is do the factory teams have a built in advantage over non-factory teams regardless of team spending caps? To be more clear. Ferrari, MB, Astin M and such have all the car production facilities at hand.

Example I can think of is wind tunnel results. Say the car production crews are testing some component in a wind tunnel to go on a production vehicle. They may learn something in the tunnel process previously not known of by the F1 team. How is such knowledge kept from the race team?

Regardless my take is this backdoor attempt to get LH an 8th championship will hurt the whole sport. It will be a "fix" any who are not fanboys can see thru.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Example I can think of is wind tunnel results. Say the car production crews are testing some component in a wind tunnel to go on a production vehicle.

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Wolff is a ………, plain and simple. Horner called it right last year about him. Said we'll see what he’s all about when he has to build the program himself, not acquire it. Ir started last year and its in full swing this year. His previous mo is its about “safety”. He’s full of ..ht. Now he’s throwing out accusations of budget caps with no proof. He himself said he doesn’t have proof. Oh, and lets not forget his personal attorney is inside the FIA now. None of this is about ”cheating”.

if a team has cheated all year by either running under weight car, out of spec fuel or spending more than the rules say they are allowed to spend then they should get punished and punished heavily. Toyota learned the lesson in WRC and why shouldn't a Formula One get the same level of penalty. If that 'cheating' on one season allows for a carry over of gains into the next season then boom they get punished for that / this season too. Otherwise as said, Teams will break the rules knowing it's a fine at worst which they will have factored in and decided they can afford it.

All this rubbish about I saw it on tv therefore it stands as was / is, it's just utter crap. Look up Tour De France, seems to be a gap between 1999 and 2005 for winners yet I and millions more watched it on tv and in person and someone was first each of those years but then was found out years later. If you are caught cheating then the penalty should be the same whether you are caught on the day or 12 months later or whenever time later. If Teams don't like it, don't cheat or go play another sport.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Wolff is a ………, plain and simple. Horner called it right last year about him. Said we'll see what he’s all about when he has to build the program himself, not acquire it. Ir started last year and its in full swing this year. His previous mo is its about “safety”. He’s full of ..ht. Now he’s throwing out accusations of budget caps with no proof. He himself said he doesn’t have proof. Oh, and lets not forget his personal attorney is inside the FIA now. None of this is about ”cheating”.
Well it does add a little spice to a season that for all intents and purposes is done (for championships anyway). Toto has also said that other team principles are aware of ongoing investigations into Red Bull. I guess we will have to wait and see. Honestly after last year I hope that it's not true and we can just get back to racing.
Sponsored