Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Since TV missed it:

Sky TV missing something, never. :facepalm:

Anyway the race was a snoozefest, as usual. I love Monaco, but these wider cars just cannot pass. Felt bad for Mercedes, excited for Ferrari and very happy for Lando. By the way did anyone notice the “Podium of the Future”. Definitely the future of F1.

Sponsored

V8 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0 V8
Sky TV missing something, never. :facepalm:

Anyway the race was a snoozefest, as usual. I love Monaco, but these wider cars just cannot pass. Felt bad for Mercedes, excited for Ferrari and very happy for Lando. By the way did anyone notice the “Podium of the Future”. Definitely the future of F1.
Completely agree with all of this. I understand Monaco is a historic race, but when it is almost impossible to pass, then what's the point? Especially when F1 is trying to change things up to engage/draw in new fans.

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
The cars have become too big to pass in Monaco. If they were the size they were a few years ago then we’d have some more wheel to wheel action because you can fit cars side by side.

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
I agree with what everyone is saying about Monaco, but I feel its good to have this type of race in the season. It's like a wrench thrown into the season for the drivers & team to bring their A game on strategy and driver performance. I understand some drivers find the race boring, but others use it as an opportunity.

Look at how frustrated the World Champ got? He had a sh*tty qualifying and couldn't put anything together during the race because there wasn't any long straights that he and the car likes. Ferrari and Redbull loved this track, even McLaren got in on this :like: It all came down to Qualifying and look at the standings now.....This created a nice shakeup. Hamilton is so used to being up front in clean air that he got a taste of being in the middle of the pack all race and he whined the entire time. I enjoyed it :beer:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I agree with what everyone is saying about Monaco, but I feel its good to have this type of race in the season. It's like a wrench thrown into the season for the drivers & team to bring their A game on strategy and driver performance. I understand some drivers find the race boring, but others use it as an opportunity.

Look at how frustrated the World Champ got? He had a sh*tty qualifying and couldn't put anything together during the race because there wasn't any long straights that he and the car likes. Ferrari and Redbull loved this track, even McLaren got in on this :like: It all came down to Qualifying and look at the standings now.....This created a nice shakeup. Hamilton is so used to being up front in clean air that he got a taste of being in the middle of the pack all race and he whined the entire time. I enjoyed it :beer:
Clean air is really not an issue at Monaco. Hamilton has a lousy qualifying day and as you said, that’s a killer at Monaco. Mercedes was off their game this weekend and Bottas’ locked wheel nut was just icing on the cake.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
As should be obvious, Mercedes did not build their car for Monaco...they built it to win the whole championship which they have been successful every year so far in the hybrid area.

Monaco is a small blip on the overall season. Max knows this which is why he underplays it.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
As should be obvious, Mercedes did not build their car for Monaco...they built it to win the whole championship which they have been successful every year so far in the hybrid area.

Monaco is a small blip on the overall season. Max knows this which is why he underplays it.
Totally agree but VB was doing quite well right up to his pitstop. And honestly, we both know that Leclerc had a car that could have won. It could have easily been, Leclerc, Verstappen and Bottas 1, 2, 3.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE

Hello; You hit on the reason I do not care for Hamilton. He can whine about stuff even when he is winning. There was a NASCR driver in the past I thought of as a whinner. My buddies called him Geoff Bowhine. There are some I cannot stand to hear on the radio.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Hello; You hit on the reason I do not care for Hamilton. He can whine about stuff even when he is winning. There was a NASCR driver in the past I thought of as a whinner. My buddies called him Geoff Bowhine. There are some I cannot stand to hear on the radio.
They all whine. It’s part of their competitive nature. They virtually have to be perfect every lap. It is expected of them. In turn they expect perfection from their teams. Maybe, they should turn off the in-car communications and the interviews 10 seconds after the drivers climb out of the car.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)