Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Good race
It was. Anytime rain is involved you know it’s going to be interesting. Max was untouchable today and Lewis proved once again it’s more than just the car. Great day for Lando and Ferrari.

But Bottas and Russell? That could have been really bad.

By the way congrats to Romain. Finished 10th in Alabama.
Sponsored

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Vettel starting P10. Hopefully this means he’s getting more comfortable with the car.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Vettel starting P10. Hopefully this means he’s getting more comfortable with the car.
Yeah. I think that particular track rewards drivers like him.

And Lance was the only one with the latest and greatest parts because he was ahead in the championship. I wonder if Seb was tempted to get on the radio and say "not bad for a number two driver".

Sponsored

V8 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0 V8
It was another good race. Hamilton made a small error after the safety car, but then showed that he is still Hamilton. Very glad there is another race this weekend. Having a gap of 2-3 weeks between races seems like an eternity.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
It was another good race. Hamilton made a small error after the safety car, but then showed that he is still Hamilton. Very glad there is another race this weekend. Having a gap of 2-3 weeks between races seems like an eternity.
Agreed. Neither Bottas nor Max had the pace to keep up. Say what you want about the car but Lewis is still one of a kind.

V8 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0 V8
Exactly. He is a master. His tire management and knowing where to position his car is just unreal.

Sponsored

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
And the only one in the current lineup that can beat him is Vettel who only has a little more than half of Hamilton’s.

To beat 100 poles, it would mean someone has to get pole every race for a minimum 5 years as there aren’t 25 races per season.

It’ll be a long time before anyone else breaks Hamilton’s records.

V8 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0 V8
I am still in awe over that Mercedes two stop strategy. When Lewis was within DRS mode for a few laps before the second pit and his tires being 4 laps newer, and then they pitted him, I was like WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?!? and then pitting Bottas to put on softs to get the fastest lap point (which Lewis was currently holding at that time) again I was like WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?! But then all of a sudden I was like holy s%$&, they are going to pull this off and force Max to also pit. The strategists at Mercedes are next level, but I think that strategy only works if you have Hamilton. They were relying on him to drive perfect laps, over and over to cut down on the time. Just unreal. I really don't think we will ever see anything like this again.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Question is, if Botas hadn't pitted to set the fastest lap, could he have finished 2nd?

But in that scenario, Verstappen would have stayed out and Checo could have maybe pitted for fresh tires to set the fastest lap. It amazing that they are so competitive that they are fighting tooth and nail to gain every last point. You have to think that someone is going to have a bad stop and lose a guaranteed position trying to get a fastest lap, and thus lose more points than they can gain. But if it works 9 out of 10 times, I guess it's worth it.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; It was a yawn of a race. Fell asleep for about fifteen laps to awaken with things just as they were. Same guy wins again. Several teams are just running in place and have already given up till next year.
I recall many years ago when the GP was run at Indianapolis. There were two tire makers at the time. Turned out for some reason one type of tire was failing and there were bad crashes. The tire maker was ready to ship in some tires better suited for the track. The teams using the other tire make used the rules to block this. So on race day many of the teams did not get to compete. It was a slam dunk for Ferrari and a bore to watch.
I guess if you have some keen interest in those running in mid pack the races can have some interest. Having races determined by pit lane strategy is not a way to go. Guess I will wait for next year myself.

Decades ago they lined up and ran the race distance on the fuel and tires they had. Not pit stops to change tires or refuel.
Sponsored