Formula 1 talk.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; Not much improvement. Only two makes competing for the top spots and the rest competing for the rest. Also the same old Hamilton win.
I guess the telling part was how Hamilton kept going off track for most of the race and the stewards waiting till late to stop that.
I could complain about how Hamilton forced the Red Bull off the track and the Red bull had to give up the pass. But I wont.
Any way too much of the same stuff and while some less boring than before, still found my self drifting off. Still not too keen on races being won and lost in the pits.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Should be a very fun season. As usual Mercedes looks great but the rest of the field looks impressive too. Here’s to hoping it’s a competitive season!

Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Thought that was a very fine race. Coming down to the wire. For sure thought MV was winning that one.. way to go LH for digging down and pulling it off.. can’t wait for the rest of this year.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Wolff: Track limit rules can't be "a Shakespeare novel" (msn.com)
Hello; This spoiled the race to a degree. It seems Hamilton was running outside of track limits in one corner much of the race. He had to be gaining something or would not have done so. Well into the race the Redbull team told it's leading driver such must be alright so you do it now. Well he had not been up to then so must have been at a disadvantage compared to Hamilton who had been all along.

Then the pass by the Redbull in the closing laps. Looked to me like Hamilton squeezed him out and left him no room to stay on the track. So the stewards stuck a thumb on the scale with regard to the outcome.

The interesting thing is the link is from Wolff whose car wound up with a win. Not like the second place team fussing over their fate.

I have been watching the F1 races for many decades. The last few years the rules and the cars have become too strange. The races are not usually very exciting. Yesterdays race stood out some because it was not as bland as races in the recent past. It seems we are constantly waiting for "next " season for things to be better. Same this year it appears. Much of the talk is about next season with some teams apparently just putting in time this year.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Wolff: Track limit rules can't be "a Shakespeare novel" (msn.com)
Hello; This spoiled the race to a degree. It seems Hamilton was running outside of track limits in one corner much of the race. He had to be gaining something or would not have done so. Well into the race the Redbull team told it's leading driver such must be alright so you do it now. Well he had not been up to then so must have been at a disadvantage compared to Hamilton who had been all along.

Then the pass by the Redbull in the closing laps. Looked to me like Hamilton squeezed him out and left him no room to stay on the track. So the stewards stuck a thumb on the scale with regard to the outcome.

The interesting thing is the link is from Wolff whose car wound up with a win. Not like the second place team fussing over their fate.

I have been watching the F1 races for many decades. The last few years the rules and the cars have become too strange. The races are not usually very exciting. Yesterdays race stood out some because it was not as bland as races in the recent past. It seems we are constantly waiting for "next " season for things to be better. Same this year it appears. Much of the talk is about next season with some teams apparently just putting in time this year.
Sometimes F1 Rules and regulations are right up there with Nascar. All the teams want is a set of R&R's that don't change every five minutes depending on who the steward is.

That said, and yes I am a LH fan, it was RB what made the decision to give the spot back. Was it the right thing to do? Well that's racing, we'll never know.

The overall flavor of yesterdays race was different. Yes it was MB & RB up front but that's no real surprise. But Norris ran a great race, DR was 7th in his first race so there is a lot of hope for McLaren. It was great see Fernando back. Like him or not, he is always exciting.

How about Tsunoda in the points in his 1st F1 race. Well done. Bad day for Aston Martin and Mazepin........can you say karma?

Tin O' Spam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

Yeah, a bit of a mess on the track limits. A few people seemed to get confused, so for the avoidance of doubt, this is what the FIA told all teams on Friday.

• Going wide in T4 during the race not monitored
  • Passing off the track still not allowed. Max passed Lewis off the track, So had to give the place back.

Race notes:

1617030989620.png

Sporting regs:

1617030999985.png

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Sometimes F1 Rules and regulations are right up there with Nascar. All the teams want is a set of R&R's that don't change every five minutes depending on who the steward is.

That said, and yes I am a LH fan, it was RB what made the decision to give the spot back. Was it the right thing to do? Well that's racing, we'll never know.

The overall flavor of yesterdays race was different. Yes it was MB & RB up front but that's no real surprise. But Norris ran a great race, DR was 7th in his first race so there is a lot of hope for McLaren. It was great see Fernando back. Like him or not, he is always exciting.

How about Tsunoda in the points in his 1st F1 race. Well done. Bad day for Aston Martin and Mazepin........can you say karma?
Hello; I agree with liking Alonzo. I do as well. Had enough of Hamilton a few years ago. It was like that with Jeff Gordon in NASCAR. I was pleased he had stopped driving but then he is a commentator and not gone after all.

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, a bit of a mess on the track limits. A few people seemed to get confused, so for the avoidance of doubt, this is what the FIA told all teams on Friday.

• Going wide in T4 during the race not monitored
  • Passing off the track still not allowed. Max passed Lewis off the track, So had to give the place back
Hello; The thing to me was how they changed the view on T4 during the race. Some drivers were going outside the limits while others were not. That they changed the way the corner was to be monitored mid race is the point.

About the pass. I seem to recall in the past when going down a straight with the pit lane exit coming up a driver edged a car to the right and nearly caused a crash. Might have been Vettel. He was punished for unsafe driving. I still contend Hamilton pushed the Red bull off the track. Not sure what the rules are but seem to recall a driver having to give room when they run side by side in a curve. But since I would be pleased if Hamilton was last in every race, I may have a bias.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Hello; The thing to me was how they changed the view on T4 during the race. Some drivers were going outside the limits while others were not. That they changed the way the corner was to be monitored mid race is the point.

About the pass. I seem to recall in the past when going down a straight with the pit lane exit coming up a driver edged a car to the right and nearly caused a crash. Might have been Vettel. He was punished for unsafe driving. I still contend Hamilton pushed the Red bull off the track. Not sure what the rules are but seem to recall a driver having to give room when they run side by side in a curve. But since I would be pleased if Hamilton was last in every race, I may have a bias.

for sure biased lol

according to one video Id have to go look, 19 drivers drove out at turn 4. They never stated who was the one that didn’t. It was Hamilton’s corner and racing line not Max and he drove way out to complete the pass. Which was a lasting advantage according to Masi. They stated at the beginning of the race they was not going to watch that corner unless it gave a lasting advantage. Which is why they should just make track limits the same at every track. To prevent this.

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Red Bull can blame themselves. Had Checo’s car not died during the formation lap, they wouldn’t have had to do another formation lap and lose a race lap. All Max needed was another lap to pass Lewis.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
I do find it ironic that RB complained about the track limits to stop MB and then they lose due to track limits. Fantastic race though. This season is going to be fun.