Sponsored

Forged wheels alternative..

DWC_SmOziLLa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black '05 Audi A4 3.0 V6 Quattro UltraSport 6 Spd.
OK Dude, You shamed me into buying new tires for the new wheels. It is what needed to happen. I don't want to be that guy, So I got the Nittos 275/305 for the ride from N4S. Now I am selling my stock PP tires. PM me your price. In the end, it is what is right.
Congrats man, you made the right call.
Sponsored

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
OK Dude, You shamed me into buying new tires for the new wheels. It is what needed to happen. I don't want to be that guy, So I got the Nittos 275/305 for the ride from N4S. Now I am selling my stock PP tires. PM me your price. In the end, it is what is right.
your going to be happy with the setup brotha :D

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Race Red
How does everyone feel about the TSW Valencia? Found a set on Craigslist for a couple hundred off with minor curb rash. Aren't too expensive either. Think they sold already tho lol. Gloss black with mirror lip of course

http://www.tsw.com/alloy_wheels_valencia.php

mike@vossen

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage III

Sponsored

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
lisandra

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
Great info here. How bout putting what the correct tire sizeper wheel width is somewhere around here? It seems logical but a lot of people dont have the slightest idea.
Like whats the ideal tire for a 9 inch wheel? So ok 255, but could you do 265? How far could you go without affecting performance? I dont really like to stretch tires but hey, maybe a little is ok

Kbreese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium, Black/Saddle.
Great info here. How bout putting what the correct tire sizeper wheel width is somewhere around here? It seems logical but a lot of people dont have the slightest idea.
Like whats the ideal tire for a 9 inch wheel? So ok 255, but could you do 265? How far could you go without affecting performance? I dont really like to stretch tires but hey, maybe a little is ok
You can get rim/tire ranges on tire rack and other sites. For a 9" wide wheel, 225 is a stretch. I'd say 255/265/275 is ideal. But there's a pretty big range that's still "ok"

Sure a little stretch is fine. Same with some bulge. The down side with stretch is less rim protection and not maximizing the amount of tread width you can have on a given wheel. And too the extreme obviously starts to become a safety issue.Bulge takes away from the responsiveness/handling, and same thing with safety when you push it to the extreme.

Of course it depends on the wheel offsets and how it will fit in your fender wells etc. Some people want to push the limits with wheel offsets and widths, and then do things like a lot of camber and stretch tires so that it doesn't rub.

For your purposes, and most peoples purposes, just try and stay in the middle of the ranges and you'll be fine. Almost any of the vendors you buy from should be able to give you good advice on tire size selection.

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Race Red
If you are looking for a stepped lip, or multi piece wheel and like the Forgestars, there is a new wheel for you! Forgestar is now making the M14.2. We will be putting a set of these in 18x13 and 18x14 on our new Time Trial car.

How much are these wheels? Got any pics on the time trial car yet?

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Twenty15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium | DIB
Here is a quick post as I got my Forgestar CF-10's installed tonight. I think they are awesome. 10 X 19 in Front on 275's and 11 X 19 in the rear on 305's. These tire are really fat. They are the Nittos NT05's Have not drove it, but will on Thursday. Don't ask the offsets cause I don't know. I did not ask. I left it to the pros (Paul) at N4S. I am so stoked on this look I am not digging the center caps and N4S is sending out silver lug nuts. N4S is a great forum sponsor. Please if you are going to buy wheels buy them from N4S. If you want stripes, buy them from Bigworm. Cj's is great as well.

I will post more picts ater when I get some decent shots.
20150728_195307.jpg
20150728_195236.jpg
20150728_184649.jpg

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance
Im not just a forgestar guy. Clearly you cant afford better then so you dont have many choices. It isnt a problem. Its your problem you dont have the cash to spend for what you want. You bitch how much forgestars cost, but go back to looking at volks which are even more expensive. Then look at true forged which are usually 4500-5000 for a new set? You are completely ridiculous, i wanted to point it out because its funny. Im just not a leg humper, i just call it like i see it. Grow up.

howey industries sells forgestars for that much. vorshlag sells them for that much. Infact less. http://www.vorshlag.com/product_info.php?cPath=0_141_142_268&products_id=624
what a dick!

OP
OP
lisandra

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
Here is a quick post as I got my Forgestar CF-10's installed tonight. I think they are awesome. 10 X 19 in Front on 275's and 11 X 19 in the rear on 305's. These tire are really fat. They are the Nittos NT05's Have not drove it, but will on Thursday. Don't ask the offsets cause I don't know. I did not ask. I left it to the pros (Paul) at N4S. I am so stoked on this look I am not digging the center caps and N4S is sending out silver lug nuts. N4S is a great forum sponsor. Please if you are going to buy wheels buy them from N4S. If you want stripes, buy them from Bigworm. Cj's is great as well.

I will post more picts ater when I get some decent shots.
Every time i start to consider 20s i see great setups like this. What springs you have on there? How tall a tire you running? Looks badass

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
Looks great! I have CF10s on my S550 too and love them. I got chrome valve stem caps and chrome covers for the valve stems. To me it really finishes the look - so it all goes together. Enjoy your new ride!
Sponsored