lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
What am i missing here? It seems that forged wheels coat an arm and a leg, somehow paying 3500$-6000$ for 4 wheels WITHOUT tires seems silly even. If you all tell me its a normal thing then ok ill save up 2 or 3 months and get them, but theres gotta be an alternative lightweight (im thinking at least lighter or as light as stock eb pp 19 inchers) wheel that doesnt cost an arm and a leg. Ive decided that 19 inchers is a good compromise between performance/bling, even slammed on eibach sportlines the 20s make the car look waayyy far off the ground. Plus i live in pothole land.
And theres the other problem...ive become picky about the design over the years. For example im deeply in love with tfw chicanes/sebrings, black center, polish lip, maybe color matched bolts and i have a deeeep deeep deep fetish for stepped lips.
Anything like that thats forged seems to be over 4000$
Any lightweight alternatives?

P.s. i dont like a single tsw design
Sponsored

Cloak

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
Look for something that is flow-formed. I think just about any aftermakret wheel of the same size will be lighter than the stock PP wheels. Check out the M350 wheels that MRR Wheels just finished.

I wouldn't spen $6,000 on wheels on a $40k car. Now if it was a Porsche or Ferrari, I can understand, but on a Mustang, it's too much. That money could go towards a supercharger.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
find rotary forged ones, has main features of forged wheels but not at the fully forged prices

OP
OP
lisandra

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
Look for something that is flow-formed. I think just about any aftermakret wheel of the same size will be lighter than the stock PP wheels. Check out the M350 wheels that MRR Wheels just finished.

I wouldn't spen $6,000 on wheels on a $40k car. Now if it was a Porsche or Ferrari, I can understand, but on a Mustang, it's too much. That money could go towards a supercharger.
The eb pp stockers are surprisingly lightweight.
Thanks for the mmr heads up

Sponsored

OP
OP
lisandra

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
find rotary forged ones, has main features of forged wheels but not at the fully forged prices
I did look for rotary forged wheels, i used to buy them in the days of dsm, but i couldnt find much. Ill keep looking thanks!

OP
OP
lisandra

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT

Sponsored
OP
OP
lisandra

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
If you want a more budget friendly wheel Enkei RPF1s work well. They are cast aluminum and much lighter than the stock PP wheels.
Its not that i mind the price so terribly, its that the wheels see so much abuse and if i can find a cheaper alternative ill go for it.
The enkeis look good!!! Theyre winning so far! Thanks

I would pay upwards the 3k mark for volks or some tfw chicanes/sebrings

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
4k for a set of wheels!....nothanks.
I paid well under 2k for my f14s, priced so nice I picked up a second set for my RR.
Just waiting on Michelin to get on the ball and make more 315/35/20s

Look at forgestars. If i wasnt going after weld rts s71s id get the f14s in bronze burst for an ow gt.
I picked up a rear set of 17x10 black faced s71s! Hoosier slicks should arrive any day now.

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
Its not that i mind the price so terribly, its that the wheels see so much abuse and if i can find a cheaper alternative ill go for it.
The enkeis look good!!! Theyre winning so far! Thanks

I would pay upwards the 3k mark for volks or some tfw chicanes/sebrings
It all depends on what you prefer.

Most people buy Volks just to go to car meets and driving around town. They never see half the abuse that they can actually take. I've owned many sets of Rays, SSRs, Volks, BBS, Enkei etc. They all had a purpose and all performed well.

The only thing I found was that Volks typically held their value better and were easier to sell.

I raced on 17x10 Enkei RPF1s in my previous car and they held up very well. I never had any issues with bends, cracking etc.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
everyone and their brother on any car has f14s though

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
everyone and their brother on any car has f14s though
So what?
Everyone and their grandmother owns a mustang. Is that going to make you sell yours and pick up a station wagon?
Sponsored