Fore fuel system issue

tbutera23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Almost finished my fuel system install until I ran into an issue with no fuel pressure. I've got the level 2 dual pump system with two 267 pumps. I finished my electrical wiring and went to start the car and it started flawlessly. Had a leak on the driver side fuel rail so I cut the car off and fixed it. Started again and checked for leaks and everything looked good. After that I went to adjust the fuel pressure and now the car won't start. I've triple checked everything and can't figure out whats wrong. The pumps will prime but that's about it. If anyone knows how to fix this it'd be greatly appreciated! Thanks
Sponsored

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Pumps prime, you see pressure build on the fuel pressure gauge after the prime? Did you set pressure with the vac line off?

OP
OP
tbutera23

tbutera23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Pumps prime, you see pressure build on the fuel pressure gauge after the prime? Did you set pressure with the vac line off?
No pressure building on gauge during prime. I attempted to set the pressure with vac line off and that’s when I noticed the gauge was showing no pressure and car wouldn’t start.

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Are you sure the pumps are priming? Double check the activation wire. Did you put a check valve in the system? Double check orientation. Remove feedline from FPR and prime, should have fuel.

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Also, verify your ground on your pump wiring

Sponsored

OP
OP
tbutera23

tbutera23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I can hear them turn on whenever I key on. I’ve plugged the pumps in one at a time to verify they’re both “working”. Checked relays and fuses. Checked orientation of check valve and filter. Ground looks good. It seems as if they’re not even trying to push any fuel. I just don’t know what’s changed from when I first started the car and it was running fine.

OP
OP
tbutera23

tbutera23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Also, verify your ground on your pump wiring
Had the battery disconnected for a while. Voltage was showing 11.6, is it safe to say that might be why they’re not pumping?

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Had the battery disconnected for a while. Voltage was showing 11.6, is it safe to say that might be why they’re not pumping?
They'd still pump at low voltage, just not as much.

If the pumps are wired and "on" and pumping but you're not seeing any pressure you either have bad pumps (which the odds of both of them being bad are pretty slim) or an obstruction between the pumps and the gauge or a faulty gauge. Given that you're not able to start the car I'd lower the probability of a bad gauge.

Disconnect the line at the gauge and see if the priming will pump fuel into a bucket. If no fuel is coming out, reconnect at the gauge and do the same exercise further upstream (like at the filter). If you're getting fuel to come out pre-filter but not at the gauge then you know it's somewhere in between. Continue further back until you connect a temp line on the hat and see if it'll pump fuel into a bucket. You may have to take the hat out and actually remove the pumps, test wire them up to a power source and see if they actually pump fluid.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Pull line off at the regulator. If you have fuel up to it you have it plumed incorrect or regulator is adjusted wrong or bad.

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black Premium Mustang GT
Make sure you have enough fuel in the tank. A friend had this same issue and was basically out of fuel

Sponsored

battleship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
I'm not to familar with the Fore system. Is it possible that you blew the fuel pump fuse? How are the pumps wired? In series or is there an activate switch for the 2nd pump.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
do you have an updated tune for the fuel system?

OP
OP
tbutera23

tbutera23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Solved the issue. Not sure what it was but I redid and double checked the wiring. Fired right up.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn’t just settle for it just working. Figure out what you did to fix it in case something raises its ugly head..
Sponsored