Sponsored

fordpass question

lugbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Just bought a used 2019 eco premium. Wanting to set up the FordPass app. I downloaded the app to the iphone. Took pic of the vin, which automatically populated the vin area. Then entered a nickname to the vehicle. At this point it is setup.

Everything I see online says that I should have an "activate" button to tap. I do not have that.

I used a usb cord to connect the phone to the car and went into FordPass, and again there is no activation option anywhere.

Any ideas?
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I had this problem when my car was new. Completely deleting the app and re-logging in didn't help. But at the same time, it did. I did a sync master reset too, but ironically when I got home from the dealer it let me activate it then. I guess the car can be picky about where the cell service is "good enough" to activate.

Alternatively, the previous owner never deactivated his app and you'll have to call the customer support to get it reset.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Alternatively, the previous owner never deactivated his app and you'll have to call the customer support to get it reset.
+1. Stop driving yourself nuts and call Ford. If this is the cause they will take care of it. If not bring it to a dealer.

JakeLethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
Just bought a used 2019 eco premium. Wanting to set up the FordPass app. I downloaded the app to the iphone. Took pic of the vin, which automatically populated the vin area. Then entered a nickname to the vehicle. At this point it is setup.

Everything I see online says that I should have an "activate" button to tap. I do not have that.

I used a usb cord to connect the phone to the car and went into FordPass, and again there is no activation option anywhere.

Any ideas?

Save yourself the headache and go to a local dealer and have them finish the setup for you. My salesman did everything before I left.

OP
OP

lugbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
they said I don't have a modem. Explains why the app isn't functional.

Sponsored

OP
OP

lugbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
I read all the forums I had time to, and almost all said that premiums had FordPass enabled. Forum users, yet again, are not correct.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I read all the forums I had time to, and almost all said that premiums had FordPass enabled. Forum users, yet again, are not correct.
Ford didn’t help by having FordPass and then FordPass Connect. It confused a lot of us. Fortunately they took care of it in 2020.
Sponsored