Sponsored

Fordpass applink ceasing soon

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Just had an email from Ford stating Fordpass applink will be ceased and if I use it for live traffic updates they will be sending out what changes are being made to the service.

Now I dont use live traffic or the sync navigation that often, however i do use it. I suppose we will have to wait and see 'what' the changes are made to live traffic.

I assume this doesnt affect newer Mustangs with inbuilt SIMS? Or does it?
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
or Waze. When in doubt discard any software Ford writes/brands. It is grossly inferior.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Wonder if I'll get an email as well...i dont use the traffic updates but the car sat nav is fine for use. Fcking about with a phone connecting is just a hassle not needed and reception varies too much to be reliable as a navigation aid.

OP
OP
wenklaw

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I do use AA and CP 99% of the time.

Just FYI really.

Sponsored

OP
OP
wenklaw

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Wonder if I'll get an email as well...i dont use the traffic updates but the car sat nav is fine for use. Fcking about with a phone connecting is just a hassle not needed and reception varies too much to be reliable as a navigation aid.
It looks like ford are pulling any fordpass applink functionality so live traffic, radio player app and Waze (iPhone only and no idea if that still works and was shit when it did)on sync in the Mustang, navigation itself isnt affected neither is ant AA or carplay apps

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
FordPass - doesn't really work on pre-face lift (older) S550s. but is ok on MY19 onwards...So not worth even commenting on it if you have a preface lift really as you wont have the experience of the App as it is now.

... However they are discontinuing Journeys (telematics) Send destination to vehicle and Find parking and Find fuel stations.

The intent is to replace these features with others that are more in keeping with public needs. other features continue as normal -
remote locking, remote start (autos only in UK) service booking, tire pressures, oil life, fuel status, SecureAlert security messaging etc

Arashk998

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arash
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
FordPass - doesn't really work on pre-face lift (older) S550s. but is ok on MY19 onwards...So not worth even commenting on it if you have a preface lift really as you wont have the experience of the App as it is now.

... However they are discontinuing Journeys (telematics) Send destination to vehicle and Find parking and Find fuel stations.

The intent is to replace these features with others that are more in keeping with public needs. other features continue as normal -
remote locking, remote start (autos only in UK) service booking, tire pressures, oil life, fuel status, SecureAlert security messaging etc
I have never managed to find the remote locking feature? MY19 manual..

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I have never managed to find the remote locking feature? MY19 manual..
Unless you have a modem equipped car you won't. Early MY19 cars don't have them, easy to tell, do you have a shark fin at the back of the roof or just a bump. Modem cars have the sharkfin.

Arashk998

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arash
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Unless you have a modem equipped car you won't. Early MY19 cars don't have them, easy to tell, do you have a shark fin at the back of the roof or just a bump. Modem cars have the sharkfin.
Just a bump👍🏼
sad that it doesn’t.. can imagine it being super useful at times.

Sponsored

Vince

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vincent
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Sorry to contradict but mine has a bump and i have remote opening/closing. Its a 19 gt.

Arashk998

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arash
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Sorry to contradict but mine has a bump and i have remote opening/closing. Its a 19 gt.
C3F6D59D-476A-4A6A-AAD3-D940BE47498E.png
F4416085-080A-40F7-9E42-01DF0C11FC8B.png

This is all mine shows. I have connected it to the car obviously but is there anything else i need to do?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I have connected it to the car obviously but is there anything else i need to do?
delete the app and your account obviously, and pull the fuse for the spy er, "telemetry" module.
What is WRONG with you people who embrace this nonsense?

I'm in IT and previously worked in "real-time" vehicular telemetry industry that primarily focused on municipal and utility vehicles and towables. It has a proper use case in those environs, but for private vehicles? Worst thing to happen to civilization is the 'smart' phone...

Arashk998

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arash
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Just contacted ford pass chat team and after checking my VIN they said because of the build date the modem isn’t on the car. So your is probably a later build date?

E=MC2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge & Soon to be Mach 1
delete the app and your account obviously, and pull the fuse for the spy er, "telemetry" module.
What is WRONG with you people who embrace this nonsense?

I'm in IT and previously worked in "real-time" vehicular telemetry industry that primarily focused on municipal and utility vehicles and towables. It has a proper use case in those environs, but for private vehicles? Worst thing to happen to civilization is the 'smart' phone...
Do you use tor or a standard web browser like duck duck go, chrome etc ?

An indirect benefit is you can use the said data to get out of speeding tickets. Since it is an independent system.

In Europe & U.K. it's not really a big deal here because they can't use the data for anything anyway, without us agreeing to it. We can always opt out or in of elements that we want to share. We have data privacy laws here in the UK and Europe, UK Data protection Act & GDPR for EU along localised version of that in the European countries - which safegards our data as data subjects, use & collection, purpose etc
Sponsored