Sponsored

Ford track pack sway bar install issues

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I'm done biting my tongue. Levittown Ford is by far the worst customer experience I have ever had. First, they were misleading about it being in stock. Second, they're not accepting phone calls. And now they're not accepting e-mails! Are you kidding me! I can't even contact them to find out what's wrong. If you value your money, don't walk, run away from these guys.
1) Based on the Ford Performance pdf that comes with the kit, the orientation looks entirely different as far as how the sway bar ends are attached to the end links. Granted it’s an “illustration”, but looking at the photos here and in the other linked thread, I’d agree that there’s something amiss with the bar itself.

I’m wondering if the wrong model year sway bar is in the S550 kit or if it’s just totally incorrect as far as manufacturing specs and lack of QC.

—-

2) As far as Levittown Ford, you can reach out to them on here @LevittownFordParts - they are a site Vendor and have a very good rapport on M6G.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Doug T

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I didn't actually put it on the ground yet but I did put a jack under the control arm to try and mimic the load and it's still N.G. Also if you look at the pic on the bench there's definitely an "issue".

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT ; 2021 Explorer ST
I will need to check mine, but I don't recall having any issues with it. I will double check it. I did have to flip around the brake line bracket, but that's minor.

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I didn't actually put it on the ground yet but I did put a jack under the control arm to try and mimic the load and it's still N.G. Also if you look at the pic on the bench there's definitely an "issue".
I'm not sure if this is your problem but I ask them about the same kit and they gave the wrong part number kit for my PP2. Maybe your PP1 has some slight difference like my car does. Mine actually takes the one that goes on the GT350.

OP
OP

Doug T

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I sure hope not. This has been a lot of work. Almost done. As far as part numbers go, I cant really say for sure about the last letter. Some have an "A" some don't. I just typed in 2020 Mustang GT and ordered the kit that popped up and said it would fit. When I go to my Levittown Ford account it says I have placed no orders so I can't even look up the exact part #.

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Doug this kit had 2 part numbers, the latter one changed the front sway bar to include welded in stops to keep the swaybar from moving in the mount. That is the only change. They will make it right. I have had my kit on the car now for almost 18 mos. with absolutely no issues or noise at all.

OP
OP

Doug T

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Mine has the welded collars as well.

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
OP
OP

Doug T

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
As I said earlier I tried several times and I get a message saying they are not accepting e-mails. I'll try again Monday and see what happens.

OP
OP

Doug T

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Tried again. Keep getting message undeliverable. So yea, no correspondence whatsoever.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Doug T

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I did however install everything else except both sways. This includes the BMR 762, 010 and alignment sleeves. Definite improvement over stock. Not harsh at all. If people think it's too stiff it might be due to the massive front sway bar which I did not install for fear of it not fitting either. The front is also a lot more hassle than the rear to install so I didn't want to find out after tearing into it there would be more problems. However, there is a ton of room on the front bar "ears to put a second hole to stiffen it up if needed. Thinking out loud if I had to do it all over again I would probably just do the springs, shocks, struts and toe bearings and drill the front sway. (And the BMR stuff). There is a good three inches to work with on the ears so I don't think it would be a hack job at all. Than if needed down the road get some other aftermarket sways. I've read some company's go overkill on sways as a way to manipulate firmness and I think that's what's going on here. Again, this is first impressions so I'll give some more insight after a few more miles.

OP
OP

Doug T

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Ok. Message sent.

LevittownFordParts

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benny
Vehicle(s)
S550's!
This does not feel or look right. The angle of the end links is maxxed out. The angle of the "ears" on the sway is way different then my stock PP1 rear sway. Stock is closer to vertical. I'm talkin' there is no swivel left period on the links. Pretty disappointed. Unless you guys say otherwise, the stock PP1 bar is going back in.

IMG_0741.JPG

IMG_0740.JPG
Hi Doug,

Sorry I did not work this weekend and just replied to your PM.

Thanks,
- Benny

MinDseTz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
You need to install everything loosely, then tighten it up on ramps or a lift where the suspension is under load.. the links sit awkwardly if you try to tighten it with it on jack stands.
Sponsored