Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Wow, that's horrible OP.
I would be pissed off as well. Good luck going forward!

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Sound Advice

I had to take legal action against a dealership group once. The dealer will remain nameless but it is a very large group in the Sacramento area.

The reason I had to lawyer up is that the GM of the dealership brushed me off after multiple complaints. The complaints were due to action that
were as serious as the OP's.

Realistically, this will not go to court, It will go to mediation where you & your representation will sit with a lawyer from the dealership and work out a deal.

If I can offer a word of advice, DO NOT attack them on social media, yelp, google yet. Figure out if your recording violates state laws(it probably doesn't), talk
to the GM and/or owner and if they do not want to play ball take it up a notch with representation. A condition of your mediation will probably be removal of this
thread and any negative or damaging press. You will probably have to not discuss any of this situation after this is settled.

This is really unfortunate and I hope it gets worked out OP. Good Luck!:thumbsup:
Seriously its always good to take a measured approach to these situations.
Especially if you plan to do any future business with that dealership.
Hope everything works out in your favor of course and those employees get
what is coming to them. :mad:

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
This video is a great advertisement for procharged mustang. Makes me want to buy a Procharger.

Doesn't sound like they put much power to the wheels. And it was raining. I doubt they got much more than 250 lb ft to the wheels. Now if it was dry, they seem like the type to test WOT.

I have no idea what a proper remedy would be. Maybe $500 and a promise to discipline to the technicians.

Your car has custom tune, so you should be able to set a rev-limiter before dropping at the dealership. I think with a centri, you can set it to 4000 or whatever, and it won't be making that much more power than N/A. At a minimum, setup a MyKey that cuts off at 65-70 mph.

Sponsored

Kenny_S550GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
At a minimum, setup a MyKey that cuts off at 65-70 mph.
This. I recently had a dent repair at a body shop and made sure to setup the mykey before dropping it off. Hope you get everything squared off with the dealer.

Kenny

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
OP stated on Facebook that the 2 techs were fired and the dealer wants him to go in next week to talk to them in person.

JCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Auto GT
The comment about the 45 year old and the convertible hurt my feelers.

Bet you can't guess my age, mean ole kids.

I agree. My feelings were hurt by that too. And I don't even have a vert. Punks.:tsk:

They could have been much harder on the car, too. OP should thank the rain for that.

Jeff

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I agree. My feelings were hurt by that too. And I don't even have a vert. Punks.:tsk:

They could have been much harder on the car, too. OP should thank the rain for that.

Jeff
They most certainly would have under premium conditions!

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
I hate to ask this....and heading out to the car to get the manual ( :( ) but with our key fobs we can set limits? I never knew this - must have missed that. '15 GT/PP here and I've left my car at valet a couple times now.

Reactions: A7X

Sponsored

JCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Auto GT
They most certainly would have if it was dry out!!!
Oh, no doubt. Driver wanted to go fast...as if he could control it anyway. Sounded like Beavis and Butthead in that car.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Finally Justice !!!!

OP stated on Facebook that the 2 techs were fired and the dealer wants him to go in next week to talk to them in person.
So glad those two got handed their pink slips. :clap2: :lol: :cheers:

Reactions: S7N
OP
OP
emh87

emh87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang GT Premium 6MT
This is correct, they did fire both techs, and the store manager wants to talk with me in person on Tuesday.

Jeff
The rain is definitely the only thing that stopped them from really beating on it. I am seriously lucky these two geniuses didn't know how to turn AdvanceTrac off.

I hate to ask this....and heading out to the car to get the manual ( :( ) but with our key fobs we can set limits? I never knew this - must have missed that. '15 GT/PP here and I've left my car at valet a couple times now.
Yeah, I set my spare key up for using at dealers, valet, etc. I limited the speed, and a couple other things, even the radio volume lol. If you have both keys on you, it will always use the master key fyi.

Oh, no doubt. Driver wanted to go fast...as if he could control it anyway. Sounded like Beavis and Butthead in that car.
:lol: They would of become real friendly with a telephone pole if they were able to really get into it.

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
This is correct, they did fire both techs, and the store manager wants to talk with me in person on Tuesday.

The rain is definitely the only thing that stopped them from really beating on it. I am seriously lucky these two geniuses didn't know how to turn AdvanceTrac off.

Yeah, I set my spare key up for using at dealers, valet, etc. I limited the speed, and a couple other things, even the radio volume lol. If you have both keys on you, it will always use the master key fyi.

:lol: They would of become real friendly with a telephone pole if they were able to really get into it.
Thanks for tip on both keys - didn't know that either. Always nice when you learn something new. In hind sight, I sort of feel like a dork missing a key item.

But - just a warning to you all as I sit hear drinking my morning coffee. This means I could do some serious trolling to my better half :lol: Next time she wants to take the little lass out for a ride, "here babe - you forgot the key!!!!"

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Is the directions for programming the keyfob in the manual? I have a base model.
Sponsored