Sponsored

Ford Service install?

WCGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 6M & 2011 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Hey Guys,

I’m in Westchester County, NY and I’m looking to have the Ford Performance track suspension installed on my 2021 GT. I have been calling Ford service departments around the area to see if they would do the install and none of them want to do it. I’m looking to have a Ford service department do it so that I can maintain the warranty. Are there any Ford service departments in the area that you guys would recommend?
Sponsored

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I'm not sure if they would do it, but out on Long Island, Sayville Ford supposedly has specialized mechanics for Ford Performance vehicles.
But the place to really go to, though not a Ford dealer, is Mustang Magic in Deer Park. They specialize in modifying Mustangs with all sorts of performance equipment.

Mach1man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 2001 Bullitt Mustang 2001 GT Mustang
Try Schultz Ford in Nanuet, I bought my Mach 1 there. Lots of performance mods done.

OP
OP

WCGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Try Schultz Ford in Nanuet, I bought my Mach 1 there. Lots of performance mods done.
Good to know. They aren’t too far from me.

OP
OP

WCGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I called Schultz today to talk to them about installing the FP track suspension and they told me they “don’t do that type of stuff”. They stated that that type of install would need specialty equipment and that they do not have the equipment to do it. I asked them what they could not do and they could not clearly told me. It was disappointing and confusing to say the least.

Sponsored

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
Look on Roush's website, they have a dealer locator. Any Roush/FP dealer should be able to install the kit, at least I know the three on Long Island could.

OP
OP

WCGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I spoke with two few dealers on LI who would do the install. Quotes were $1650 and the other was $2050. Both include alignment. Kinda steep.
Mustang Magic out in Deer Park is around $900-1000. Traxx in the Bronx is a performance shop that works on a lot of Mustangs and they quoted $750. I’m leaning towards MM or Traxx if I can keep the warranty.

Mr. Met

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
So I spoke with two few dealers on LI who would do the install. Quotes were $1650 and the other was $2050. Both include alignment. Kinda steep.
Mustang Magic out in Deer Park is around $900-1000. Traxx in the Bronx is a performance shop that works on a lot of Mustangs and they quoted $750. I’m leaning towards MM or Traxx if I can keep the warranty.
Which two dealers? I would think around $1000 would be fair.

OP
OP

WCGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Biener and Levittown. Both said 9-10hrs labor plus the alignment.

Mr. Met

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
Biener and Levittown. Both said 9-10hrs labor plus the alignment.
I am surprised Biener quoted you so high, though I dont know what they are charging for the alignment. They did my supercharger and charged me 14 hours at $165 and hour. I would think that kit could be done in six or seven hours, but maybe I'm wrong? You talked to Louis?

Sponsored
OP
OP

WCGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep. Talked to Lou. Seemed like a good guy. He said it would take 10 hours.

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Ford performance parts can be installed by any ASE certified tech and the warranty will be valid. Just email Ford performance to verify if you need to.

OP
OP

WCGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went with Traxx Auto Performance and Repair in the Bronx for the install. John, who runs the shop, is a mustang guy and has one spec’d out for drag. His shop has a lot of experience with mustangs and has installed the track suspension pack many times before. Good experience and I recommend Traxx to anyone in the area. Very competitive prices as well.

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
I'm not sure if they would do it, but out on Long Island, Sayville Ford supposedly has specialized mechanics for Ford Performance vehicles.
But the place to really go to, though not a Ford dealer, is Mustang Magic in Deer Park. They specialize in modifying Mustangs with all sorts of performance equipment.
Mustang Magic installed my ford performance package the mechanics are ase certified so the warranty is still in effect. They also did all my Steeda suspension parts on the car and the car now handles like a go kart. They do good work and take the time to answer all your questions. I had them put on front and rear sway bars and some chassis stiffening parts and they said I should put minimum drop springs on the car and that really worked out well. I really think they are a top notch shop and they will be handling all my mustang work from now on.
Sponsored