Sponsored

Ford Racing Strut Tower Brace (kit)

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
Can anyone comment as to the actual difference in handling?

I would appreciate some detailed information, how the car feels in turns etc.
This. Worth the money and added weight?
Sponsored

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
Honestly this isn't something you will feel unless you are pushing the car 99%. This the kind of thing that allows a track car to drive over the rumble strips while minimizing the cracks in the frame over time. The amount of flex on the stock car under normal and even spirited drive is too small to say it makes a difference in handling. Now probably you will notice some difference in the sound of the car, some deeper tone and maybe you could interpret that as making the front frame stiffer, but it is mostly in your head. All that said I'd do it if my car didn't already have it. But since I am putting a SC in the stuff no longer fits and I am going through the effort to design and build replacement pieces that work with the SC install.

RaceRedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT 6 Speed
I think if you can slide the piece under the cowl you don't have to remove the wipers. However, since the wipers attach through holes in the cowl, it looks like they have to be removed. It doesn't look like it's that complicated to remove them btw, there are youtube videos that demo that.
No, you don't have to remove the wipers to install the brace that bolts to the cowl. You just remove the fasteners from the plastic cover and prop it up to R and R the bolts. I used a rubber shock bushing to prop it up.

You do need to pull the positive battery cable.

Last edited:

docbog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Prem, 50th AP
How did you remove the positive battery cable tie wrap support thing from the strut mounting bolt. It appears to be threaded. If you cut the cable tie the entire fastener probably should be replaced or maybe force it off ?

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
How did you remove the positive battery cable tie wrap support thing from the strut mounting bolt. It appears to be threaded. If you cut the cable tie the entire fastener probably should be replaced or maybe force it off ?
It is just pressed on. As you turn that nut off, it will pull it right off of the stud. Then you just push back on when you are done.

Sponsored

RaceRedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT 6 Speed
What I did was lever it off with a nail puller. Just pad wheel well inner ender fender where the bar touches it. It will pop right off. That way you can use a socket to remove the nut. It pops back on when you are done.

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Silver Auto W/3.55's
Added the install PDF to the original post.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/download/instructionsheets/FordInstShtM-20201-M.pdf

Trooper89 can probably answer that question the best.
I don't see why the wiper arms need to be removed. Doesn't make sense, their not in the way. Besides, I left my wiper arm puller in my Batman utiliy belt.

When Bill with CJ Pony is installing his FRPP/ Roush SC, he removes the K-Brace to cut it and he doesn't remove the wiper arms.

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Mine came today. Are any additional fasteners required than what is in the kit.

docbog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Prem, 50th AP
I just finished installing the RedLine hood struts and strut braces. No need to remove windshield wipers the cowl will lift enough to access bolts.

I slotted the battery cover (used tin snips) after drilling the hole. Now the battery cover can be removed completely while struts are left in place.

Biggest problem those damn squirley battery cover fasteners. I lost one down inside the fender and half of another went flying. Not a fun thing to handle with old hands and some arthritis!!

If someone would be so kind as to research the part number I am searching for replacements. Local Ford dealer was no help.

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
If someone would be so kind as to research the part number I am searching for replacements. Local Ford dealer was no help.
Lost one myself! Here ya go:

Sponsored

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
For our 2 people that have them delivered already, where did you order from? Thanks. :)

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Secondly, if I order this I won't need the cowl extension (K-brace) as I already have it due to the 20 inch wheel option. Is there a part # for just that cowl extension as I'd like to try to sell it to someone who has maybe bought the stock STB and is looking for just the cowl extension brace. Recoup a little of my money that way too. :)

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Secondly, if I order this I won't need the cowl extension (K-brace) as I already have it due to the 20 inch wheel option. Is there a part # for just that cowl extension as I'd like to try to sell it to someone who has maybe bought the stock STB and is looking for just the cowl extension brace. Recoup a little of my money that way too. :)
Full Black Brace (which goes from strut tower-to firewall-to strut tower): FR3Z-16K038-A

:)

OP
OP
Coaster

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian