Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Some of you make me wonder. the outside world????? This is not black magic and witchcraft.
These are tuning tables that can be tweaked, nothing hidden.
I'm glad the pro tuners are saying nothing. They are too busy laughing at this thread.
I.want down this road 2 years ago with my ST. The FP tune sucked, no better than a cobb1.
Mountune got involved with a warranty tune, a bit better.
I used the same guy who made the mountune tune as a pro tuner, he killed it.
There are no secrets.
Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Encrypted tuning?
What a load of horse shit.
I'm sure the pro tuners have no idea what they are doing.
I'll bet that Tune+ has more.than 60k miles of results under his.belt
He has 60k miles of results just on my car! :first:

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Some of you make me wonder. the outside world????? This is not black magic and witchcraft.
I'm glad the pro tuners are saying nothing. They are too busy laughing at this thread.
I.want down this road 2 years ago with my ST. The FP tune sucked, no better than a cobb1.
There are no secrets.
I say outside since they work so closely with Ford... so you don't think FP is not being honest? Interesting. NO secrets... I don't know since I don't tune. Like to see what some of of the tuners would say...

Two years is a long time in the computer world to make an assumption though. And to compare with a different car? Be much better if you got the FP tune and then compared.... that would seem more legit.

The FP tune for this car is good... I have it... and have had other tunes, so I'm not going into this blind.

I have noticed tuners have not been around since this FP tune came out. I figure they are letting it have its run....

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have noticed tuners have not been around since this FP tune came out. I figure they are letting it have its run....
They are to busy laughing at this thread.

Sponsored

SteedaGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange Ecoboost
Did pretty good tonight. I'm proud of her and the car for sure. This was the first pass right off the street and the best of the night. Track got cold and slippery unfortunately. She did trap 101 mph on one of the passes though.

Next mods are an intercooler and a set of drag radials. Could only leave on 1-2psi because of traction issues.

I am very impressed for what the car did considering we have $640 in mods including the Ford dealership install.
IMG_0802.jpg

Witj85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT Base 6spd in Shadow Black
Did pretty good tonight. I'm proud of her and the car for sure. This was the first pass right off the street and the best of the night. Track got cold and slippery unfortunately. She did trap 101 mph on one of the passes though.

Next mods are an intercooler and a set of drag radials. Could only leave on 1-2psi because of traction issues.

I am very impressed for what the car did considering we have $640 in mods including the Ford dealership install.
Where did you get it installed at? Greenway?

SteedaGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange Ecoboost

Witj85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT Base 6spd in Shadow Black
Damn that's pretty good.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If that is your story....

Guess that beats trolling... ;)

chef, give me two slices of butt hurt....
hey,
just figured out how to automatically ignore posts from jackasses!
technology !!

Sponsored

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
Much of what you say is true. However, the number of shit-eating-grins to be had when jumping up from stock or canned to a pro-tune are exponential, not diminishing. :)

Everyone on here bought the most modded automobile on the planet.
Exponential... "I do not think it means what you think it means".

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
There are no secrets.
Absolutely possible that there are sections of code that Ford has locked down and tuners can't see, access or change. I'd be surprised if there weren't. Some of Ford's partners like Livernois probably have access to more than others, but they still don't offer a warranty. Ford has extensive life cycle testing data that others are just guessing at. When you're a multi-billion dollar company, you have resources that private tuners don't have. That's why they offer a warranty and even big tuners like Livernois don't.
When I owned a Suzuki dealership years ago, we built some of the fastest GSXR's out there and did well at Daytona, etc. But nobody ever touched the factory bikes because the factory had engineering data and resources no one else had. Even if we built a bike that could run top end with them, we would blow up and they wouldn't. There's a reason for that...

tittermary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Absolutely possible that there are sections of code that Ford has locked down and tuners can't see, access or change. I'd be surprised if there weren't. Some of Ford's partners like Livernois probably have access to more than others, but they still don't offer a warranty. Ford has extensive life cycle testing data that others are just guessing at. When you're a multi-billion dollar company, you have resources that private tuners don't have. That's why they offer a warranty and even big tuners like Livernois don't.
When I owned a Suzuki dealership years ago, we built some of the fastest GSXR's out there and did well at Daytona, etc. But nobody ever touched the factory bikes because the factory had engineering data and resources no one else had. Even if we built a bike that could run top end with them, we would blow up and they wouldn't. There's a reason for that...
so what in your mind what would an example of a table or "code" as you call it that couldn't be accessed by lets say cobb?

shit you can get a trans brake, flat foot shifting, adjustable traction control, a 2 step , on the fly map switching etc etc and as far as i know none of that is available with fords tune but anyway educate me on what the pro tuners can't access??

just a hint if there were any sections of code that couldn't be accessed then a flash from tune+ , cobb or lund or whomever wouldn't work gotta be able to access it to flash it

Last edited:

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
so what in your mind what would an example of a table or "code" as you call it that couldn't be accessed by lets say cobb?

shit you can get a trans brake, flat foot shifting, adjustable traction control, a 2 step , on the fly map switching etc etc and as far as i know none of that is available with fords tune but anyway educate me on what the pro tuners can't access??

just a hint if there were any sections of code that couldn't be accessed then a flash from tune+ , cobb or lund or whomever wouldn't work gotta be able to access it to flash it
It is an interesting world.... although, it would be nice to have an experienced tuner jump in on this...

Not even sure I'm reading the below correctly, but there seems to be ongoing updates from Ford and other sites allude to opening up more and more areas to change. Others words, they don't have access to everything right away. I'm not pretending to know what I'm talking about... just did a google search because I was interested.

Maybe that is what FP has access to... all of the changes... not necessarily that a tuner can't see it, but maybe cobb/sct has not made it available via update?

One interesting convo:

http://www.cobbtuning.com/ford-updates-v400-maps-and-cobb-custom-features/

My only issue is that when a tuner says they "messed up" (his words, not mine) a couple of engines early on, that tells me that they don't have access or knowledge to everything. I appreciate the honesty though. Then you load something like FP and realize it drives like a different car and not a car that just had some power added and it makes you wonder.
Sponsored