Sponsored

Ford Racing ProCal Tune

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Roush does let you "buy" a warranty for what it is worth...basically doubles the price of the tune.

I agree with you on the IC and catch can voiding warranties. I don't see how they can just void it without proving your upgrade did something to stress the engine in a way the base IC didn't....would seem the opposite to me. Now if you had a catch can and didn't empty it that would do it.

Not you but why bust his chops for just dealing with one tuner....what is Lion a Consumer Reports of Tuners?

Great discussion.

If I were to tune....rather when... I will go with FR to keep what warranty I can. And also what assurance I can.

Please report when u do, because I have yet to see anyone report on the roush tune, I'm assuming fords will be similar. Good luck
Sponsored

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
LMS should start with upgrading their tuning device.. garbage and i've seen some fellow ecobooster customers have a heck of a time trying to sell it. for the $600 price you should at least include a warranty if your not gonna include a decent device.
Yea I'm not sure why they have the most exspensive tuning device on the market, maybe they can comment.

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Yea I'm not sure why they have the most exspensive tuning device on the market, maybe they can comment.
The biggest reasons that you pay a premium to utilize our tuning is our proprietary tuning software/hardware, our experience and spotless track record. We use our own proprietary tuning software and MyCalibrator device (regardless of what your impression is of it) for all our tuning. Having our own proprietary tuning software and hardware means that we have more control over what we can and ultimately will do. Our software allows us to have far more access to your ECU, and because we have more access our tuning files are much larger than most. This only shows that more of us goes into our tuning files VS the competition. Another reason is we routinely invest in test vehicles both pre and post public release to ensure that we are offering the most responsible aftermarket support in the entire industry. There also is not another aftermarket vendor that has the corporate ties VIA their R&D and skunkworks for the big 3 domestic automakers and their performance divisions.

Sponsored

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
The biggest reasons that you pay a premium to utilize our tuning is our proprietary tuning software/hardware, our experience and spotless track record. We use our own proprietary tuning software and MyCalibrator device (regardless of what your impression is of it) for all our tuning. Having our own proprietary tuning software and hardware means that we have more control over what we can and ultimately will do. Our software allows us to have far more access to your ECU, and because we have more access our tuning files are much larger than most. This only shows that more of us goes into our tuning files VS the competition. Another reason is we routinely invest in test vehicles both pre and post public release to ensure that we are offering the most responsible aftermarket support in the entire industry. There also is not another aftermarket vendor that has the corporate ties VIA their R&D and skunkworks for the big 3 domestic automakers and their performance divisions.

Have they ever talked about maybe changing the device? Just based on customer complaints, is it something you think that they would do in the future?

clubamericalara

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
i dont understand why LMS think they are top notch because they worked with ford at one time. also the fact that they use phrases like R&D as well as "proprietary tuning/software." give me a break. i played basketball with blake griffin that doesnt make me a superior lol.. end rant because they are sponsors and they will give me the boot.. -_-

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
Have they ever talked about maybe changing the device? Just based on customer complaints, is it something you think that they would do in the future?
We have actually addressed this question several times. It is not something that we are opposed to in the near future. Question is, while you are driving are you watching gauges or the road? I would hope the road:lol:

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
i dont understand why LMS think they are top notch because they worked with ford at one time. also the fact that they use phrases like R&D as well as "proprietary tuning/software." give me a break. i played basketball with blake griffin that doesnt make me a superior lol.. end rant because they are sponsors and they will give me the boot.. -_-
We actually work with all of the OEM's on a regular basis, just so you know. If you do not want to shop with us that is fine, but there is no reason to try and bash us. :shrug: We hope that all of the mods that you do decide to install on your car work flawlessly and deliver all that is advertised. If not, and you decide to jump ship we will be here. :thumbsup:

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
We have actually addressed this question several times. It is not something that we are opposed to in the near future. Question is, while you are driving are you watching gauges or the road? I would hope the road:lol:
Well, it's more than guages, I think that's where your maybe misunderstanding people's love of the AP. It's map switching, flat foot shifting, launch control, traction controll. Then you have things like calculating how much gas you have, cylinder knock so on so forth. All these things can be recorded and looked at when not driving, I think the only thing people really look at is boost and oar, but people have digital guages from ford as factory, why is that any different?

Sponsored

Turbong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR EB 6MT PP Recaros
Roush does let you "buy" a warranty for what it is worth...basically doubles the price of the tune.

I agree with you on the IC and catch can voiding warranties. I don't see how they can just void it without proving your upgrade did something to stress the engine in a way the base IC didn't....would seem the opposite to me. Now if you had a catch can and didn't empty it that would do it.

Not you but why bust his chops for just dealing with one tuner....what is Lion a Consumer Reports of Tuners?

Great discussion.

If I were to tune....rather when... I will go with FR to keep what warranty I can. And also what assurance I can.

I am not busting his chops for dealing with one tuner, I am challenging him on making claims that don't have a lot of merit and presumptions that are simply false like, "because LMS have worked with Ford on X and Y point this tune may not void your warranty" which simply isn't true. Also he's claiming they use the "best safeguards" in appose to what, how do you compare? It's just presumption that other tuner's don't use them. Big claim's require big evidence, simply saying they have no failures is not enough evidence, a motor that was destined to fail from a defective part will fail whether tuned or not, If they just happened to get LMS before the failure is it LMS record broken even though it wasn't their fault? just like anything else the bigger the number the bigger the chance.

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
I am not busting his chops for dealing with one tuner, I am challenging him on making claims that don't have a lot of merit and presumptions that are simply false like, "because LMS have worked with Ford on X and Y point this tune may not void your warranty" which simply isn't true. Also he's claiming they use the "best safeguards" in appose to what, how do you compare? It's just presumption that other tuner's don't use them. Big claim's require big evidence, simply saying they have no failures is not enough evidence, a motor that was destined to fail from a defective part will fail whether tuned or not, If they just happened to get LMS before the failure is it LMS record broken even though it wasn't their fault? just like anything else the bigger the number the bigger the chance.
By the way they Have had a failure of a car with their tune on it actually. Now the guy whose car it was I believe had done JMS stuff on top of, or he was using wrong fuel or something, but his engine blew

Turbong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR EB 6MT PP Recaros
By the way they Have had a failure of a car with their tune on it actually. Now the guy whose car it was I believe had done JMS stuff on top of, or he was using wrong fuel or something, but his engine blew
My point still stands...:paddle:

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Yes I get that

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
My point still stands...:paddle:
IIRC, it seems like he had a JMS boost max and JMS pedal max as well as a flash tuning device, of which brand I do not recall. In my opinion, he was doomed the moment he tried to utilize all three at the same time. It was a ticking time bomb for sure.

If he was utilizing a Livernois tune, I don't think you can blame it on anything they did unless he gave them full disclosure when he purchased the tune/device, which I find hard to believe that anyone especially Livernois would knowingly recommend the combination of those three parts. It would be absolutely counterproductive from a tuning standpoint.
Sponsored