Sponsored

Ford Racing ProCal Tune

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
What did you do with your old CAI? I live in a condo and don't have a need for it... it is taking up too much space.

I'd rather not send it to the landfill....
Sponsored

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
I threw mine out :( I had a relative move and needed the closet space.

Plain17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ven
Vehicle(s)
17 EB Magnetic
Oh so you are already tuned and just trying to find out or get a revised tune? If you scroll up to earlier post, someone had supposedly uploaded a revised tune, I think it was user jbailer or Lion.
I just tried to download the revised tune but download didn't work. In the response section it shows:
Filename: "",
Errorcode:1
Has anyone experienced this? All the fields were pre-filled except for password. I guess I will give ford performance a call on monday.

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
Make sure you plug your laptop into the car with the program running first- that way it gets the information needed like your vin. Then you have to carry it back to where your wifi to download the file.

Plain17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ven
Vehicle(s)
17 EB Magnetic
My laptop was connected to both car and wifi.

Sponsored

Dirty-EB-Chicago

V.I.P Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost (Ingot Silver)
What did you do with your old CAI? I live in a condo and don't have a need for it... it is taking up too much space.

I'd rather not send it to the landfill....
I'll buy it for 3.50. :thumbsup:

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
Dealer is giving me a hard time diagnosing why I'm recently (2000mi since procal tune) getting "Service charging System" popup on my dash when driving. I checked voltage and it seemed ok on battery, so it seems to me like a sensor or false positive of the battery charging system?

Anyway hes saying he cant run the alternator or battery tests because theres something blocking it. Like a performance chip. I told him theres no physical chip or any modifications except the Warranty Approved FordPerformance ProCal kit.

Hes going on about well values in the ECU could of been changed like voltage draw increases, etc etc. Someone educated me further for this discussion...

The only thing my shop did was Install the FP ProCal/CAI/Tune, BOV, Catback and Garret IC I don't see how any of that would be remotely releevent to the symptoms I'm having.

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Dealer is giving me a hard time diagnosing why I'm recently (2000mi since procal tune) getting "Service charging System" popup on my dash when driving. I checked voltage and it seemed ok on battery, so it seems to me like a sensor or false positive of the battery charging system?

Anyway hes saying he cant run the alternator or battery tests because theres something blocking it. Like a performance chip. I told him theres no physical chip or any modifications except the Warranty Approved FordPerformance ProCal kit.

Hes going on about well values in the ECU could of been changed like voltage draw increases, etc etc. Someone educated me further for this discussion...

The only thing my shop did was Install the FP ProCal/CAI/Tune, BOV, Catback and Garret IC I don't see how any of that would be remotely releevent to the symptoms I'm having.
As long as you are under 36k/3yr, Ford Performance should cover any warranty claims for issues related to the tune. Take a copy of the warranty from Ford Performance to your dealer and let them know if they are concerned the tune may have caused the issue they can make a claim with Ford Performance.

Sponsored

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
thanks. Yea its a 2016 with 8K miles. They said they were finally able to run the tests and found nothing wrong. Charged me $34 to do the tests though. Is that not covered under factory warranty?

Also, said they couldnt reproduce it, but if it happens again stop in with the battery light on on the dash....

Also said theres no codes cause battery\charging related codes arent stored in memory??

xmadror

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 ecoboost

thanks. Yea its a 2016 with 8K miles. They said they were finally able to run the tests and found nothing wrong. Charged me $34 to do the tests though. Is that not covered under factory warranty?

Also, said they couldnt reproduce it, but if it happens again stop in with the battery light on on the dash....

Also said theres no codes cause battery\charging related codes arent stored in memory??

I had something similar happen to me.
Battery went dead and car would not start after work, I jumped start it and took it to the dealer where I bought it.
They could not look at it right away and they get someone to drive me home. Few hours later they called me asking if I had done some aftermarket tuning because they could not read the ecu.
My car only has the FP tune with cai and a 3.73 diff/gear swap and both were done at the dealer (was part of my buying contract) so I tell him that and he says they would have to look at it the next morning and wanted to know if I needed a car to get to work.
At that point I was scared I'd have some trouble with the dealership but in the next morning they told me the battery was too low to read the ecu and all was fine with the new battery they had just put it (under warranty).

My car had a CEL when I brought it in and I was told it was a low voltage warning by the dealership.

Kinda strange they charged you for that. I would have gently told them that I would consider taking my car somewhere else next time if they intended for me to pay that BS fee. They even had trouble with it, enough to antagonize you by suggesting it was related to aftermarket tuning.

Rob0381

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang RS1 Premium W/PP
Finally pulled the trigger. Got a nice discount with a code from Dave @CJPP. Should be here sometime next week. Can’t wait to wake this thing up a bit!

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Ok, so it was bound to happen. Wife filled the EB up with 87 yesterday. Should I ride it out driving like Grandma, for 360 miles(Ugh!) or throw some octane boost in it. I’ve got some Lucas boost in the garage that looks like it could get a full tank to about 90 if I’m reading it right.

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Ok, so it was bound to happen. Wife filled the EB up with 87 yesterday. Should I ride it out driving like Grandma, for 360 miles(Ugh!) or throw some octane boost in it. I’ve got some Lucas boost in the garage that looks like it could get a full tank to about 90 if I’m reading it right.
What if you reset the PCM? That should force it to use its base fuel map (before learning the octane) of the FP tune which most report as being more conservative than the stock tune.
Sponsored