Sponsored

Ford pulls out of SEMA

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
Ford announced today that they would not have a display (normally the largest on site) for SEMA this year. In addition, I have been told that are pulling out of all enthusiast events and marketing. Nice to be appreciated.
Sponsored

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Yeah, that is sad; also bad--for SEMA.
But for Ford-sponsored events, I'd probably never have gotten onto a race track.

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
Sema used to be such a blast. I don't find this odd and it's not neccessary because of their loss.

People aren't going to shows. Every sector hardware show, housewares show, shot, all are high cost and now low attended, due to the lockdown stuff, plus travel cost is a killer for people.

Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Sema used to be such a blast. I don't find this odd and it's not neccessary because of their loss.

People aren't going to shows. Every sector hardware show, housewares show, shot, all are high cost and now low attended, due to the lockdown stuff, plus travel cost is a killer for people.
Probably a lot of truth in this.
I've never been to Sema or much like it. But I go to the local car, boat and motorcycle shows and they've been very disappointing the last couple of years. A lot fewer dealers and vendors and crowd attendance is abysmal.

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
Probably a lot of truth in this.
I've never been to Sema or much like it. But I go to the local car, boat and motorcycle shows and they've been very disappointing the last couple of years. A lot fewer dealers and vendors and crowd attendance is abysmal.
I know one of my vendors that's usually has a mid level booth at hardware and Sema told me (back in 16) it was 50k to show up. I dont believe that was paying their crew or hotel etc

Ford and chevy both would be either end of the convention center, plus special event stuff etc. I'd guess, pure guess, they'd be 500-750k just for space, let alone logistics, crew etc. If they can't gain 3 or so times that in return they're not doing it.

On top of this, I believe the heyday of car guys running ford are over. Sema, represents what the anti ice crowd see as a Klan rally

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
its a sign of the times guys, suzuki just pulled out of MotoGP. I do NOT fault these companies one bit. less spending on extras, they already are overloaded with orders. dont need to spend money that doesnt need spent. they are selling regardless. but its going to get worst, materials.. shortages.. wages up.. its going to keep spiraling for awhile.

smartest decision is to cut off all the extra cost. I fully support all these decisions.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
its a sign of the times guys, suzuki just pulled out of MotoGP. I do NOT fault these companies one bit. less spending on extras, they already are overloaded with orders. dont need to spend money that doesnt need spent. they are selling regardless. but its going to get worst, materials.. shortages.. wages up.. its going to keep spiraling for awhile.

smartest decision is to cut off all the extra cost. I fully support all these decisions.
It's still an unfortunate thing though.

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
Ford Motor Co. reported Wednesday that it lost $3.1 billion in the first quarter, weighed down by its investment in an electric vehicle startup, and as its revenue slid because a shortage of chips limited the supply of pickups and SUVs in North America.

EV is not mainstream.

Sponsored

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Nothing lasts forever. (I always kind of felt SEMA was too big anyway. No way to see it all--unless you were a marathoner, or a camper. 😏)

Probably better to put their money into producing cars we can buy, not showing cars we can't.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Ford Motor Co. reported Wednesday that it lost $3.1 billion in the first quarter, weighed down by its investment in an electric vehicle startup, and as its revenue slid because a shortage of chips limited the supply of pickups and SUVs in North America.

EV is not mainstream.
are we ever going to be caught up with supply vs demand? its not like our population doubled overnight. but I feel like the demand surely did. something isnt right.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
The
are we ever going to be caught up with supply vs demand? its not like our population doubled overnight. but I feel like the demand surely did. something isnt right.
Ukraine war is making matters worse. Much of our specialty metals come from Russia. Ukraine is ONE of the biggest maker of auto wiring harnesses. EU auto production has slowed to a crawl. This is not a months thing but a years thing. ALL the makers are re-evaluating the globalist model and realizing their individual vulnerability. Who knows how this will pan out over long term. But for the next few yrs scarcity will be high and so will prices. Then you add the inflation and the union strikes that may come in these times. History is repeating itself before our eyes.

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The

Ukraine war is making matters worse. Much of our specialty metals come from Russia. Ukraine is the biggest maker of auto wiring harnesses. EU auto production has slowed to a crawl. This is not a months thing but a years thing. ALL the makers are re-evaluating the globalist model and realizing their individual vulnerability. Who knows how this will pan out over long term. But for the next few yrs scarcity will be high and so will prices. Then you add the inflation and the union strikes that may come in these times. History is repeating itself before our eyes.
Ukraine is largest manufacturer of automotive wiring harnesses? Never knew that…. Any factoids to link to?

OutWest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Old Person Special Mach 1