Sponsored

Ford perimeter plus alarm is crying wolves! Someone got into the car

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
It doesn't take a lot of skill or time, just a couple of small pieces of electronics. Do a little research on it, it's kinda scary how easy and quick it can be.
Detroit (and their OEMs) can't spell SECURITY if their life depended on it. Everything they've ever implemented would get laughed out of the room if examined by security engineers. There's a good reason why you do not permit generic programmers to implement 'security' they don't have the first damn clue what they are doing.

And as a side-bar, police don't need to hack your 'secure' iPhone; your car will gladly give up all of the data it's mirrored on your behalf.
Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Convertibles are too easy...

Take a long, thin item, like a car antenna - slip it between the rear 1/4 glass and the door glass - push further forward and hit the lock/unlock button on the door - BINGO. No scratches or damages to any panel on the car - and car is unlocked.

The door windows on too many convertibles are too flexible allowing anyone to flex it outward enough to allow access between it and the 1/4 weather seal to the interior.

A perimeter alarm won't go off if glass was not broken or if the perimeter isn't been breached within a set parameter to go off. If perimeter will only go off if something passes through by so many inches or feet to the interior from the door (perimeter edge), then the alarm works as designed. If the perimeter is set sloppy and won't go off until there's a breach (half way in), then it's never going to go off IF someone is breaching the car as I outlined above with the antenna/window method.

Everything I've heard about the locking console is - the car has to be locked and it can't be accessed if locked. If the console was accessed, the car was not locked OR someone had a means to unlock it.
If the alarm is active it will go off if the door is opened. I do not know if unlocking the car from inside will disable the alarm. But, unlocking the car automatically unlocks the center console whether it's unlocked using the fob or door buttons.

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
If it makes you feel better, my car dials 911 randomly about once a month. Always a fun conversation as I'm cruising down the road..

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Doesn't your car automatically lock and arm by itself?

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
I don't keep a thing in my car parked away from home. Certainly not a hotel parking lot/garage. My mom got her van broke into for a few cents change in the cup holder.

Besides, I am always ready for tech inspection!

Sponsored

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
I also have an '18 convertible and I have to leave my car unlocked when I take the dog with me and leave her in it while I run into a store. If I lock the car she sets the alarm off just by moving around... she weighs 8lbs.
When you leave the dog in the car, you need to disarm the internal motion sensors. Its a two part system. It should show you on the dash after you turn off the engine before you exit the car.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
When you leave the dog in the car, you need to disarm the internal motion sensors. Its a two part system. It should show you on the dash after you turn off the engine before you exit the car.
How do you turn off the alarm? I don't see that option anywhere. I only have full alarm or perimeter alarm.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
There's nothing to steal in my car. The only reason I locked it is so somebody won't steal the dog. Then I realized that if somebody did steal her, they would bring her back in 3 days. She's a real asshole.

Chadillac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
'96 Mustang GT, '73 El Camino, '12 Mazdaspeed3
Convertibles are too easy...

Take a long, thin item, like a car antenna - slip it between the rear 1/4 glass and the door glass - push further forward and hit the lock/unlock button on the door - BINGO. No scratches or damages to any panel on the car - and car is unlocked.
I have convertible and if you lock the car via fob, and hit the unlock button on the door or pull the door handle from the interior, it will alarm as soon as the door opens. (whether the roof or windows are up/down). FWIW my F150s have been this same exact way, including my 1995 OBS with vent windows

Sponsored

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
How do you turn off the alarm? I don't see that option anywhere. I only have full alarm or perimeter alarm.
I have the digital dash, and it pops up when I turn off the engine (not sure if I have to open door). I think the options are "all sensors" and "perimeter". I can change it with the buttons on the steering wheel. I can post a picture this weekend.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
That's what I have. But no off selection. All Sensors or Perimeter.

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
That's what I have. But no off selection. All Sensors or Perimeter.
Perimeter means only the perimeter sensors are on and the inside sensors are off.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I also have an '18 convertible and I have to leave my car unlocked when I take the dog with me and leave her in it while I run into a store. If I lock the car she sets the alarm off just by moving around... she weighs 8lbs.
Should not leave a dog in the car when shopping?
Sponsored