Ford Performance

rwp50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black California Special
Will dealer installed tune/intake manifold void a extended warranty on our 2015 GT?
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Is it the FP tune? Ford ESP extended warranty? As with all warranties, read what is NOT covered but the FP intake/tune package typically does not void a factory warranty if installed properly . You would have to read how it affects the extended warranty

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
You need to figure that out by looking at your warranty information.

1691855459342.png

spankybranch

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Geoffrey
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2019 Edge ST, 2022 Mach1
Directly from the Ford Perf Warranty :

This Performance Packs and Components Limited Warranty begins upon installation and registration of the part(s) with Ford Performance and remains in effect for the balance of 36 months or 36,000 miles / 60,000 kilometres, whichever occurs first, calculated from the start date of the manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

I would say no, Is your extended warranty from Ford directly or a 3rd Party?

https://performanceparts.ford.com/download/PDFS/fpp-warranty.pdf

OP
OP
rwp50

rwp50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Is it the FP tune? Ford ESP extended warranty? As with all warranties, read what is NOT covered but the FP intake/tune package typically does not void a factory warranty if installed properly . You would have to read how it affects the extended warranty
Ok thanks!

Sponsored

OP
OP
rwp50

rwp50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Directly from the Ford Perf Warranty :

This Performance Packs and Components Limited Warranty begins upon installation and registration of the part(s) with Ford Performance and remains in effect for the balance of 36 months or 36,000 miles / 60,000 kilometres, whichever occurs first, calculated from the start date of the manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

I would say no, Is your extended warranty from Ford directly or a 3rd Party?

https://performanceparts.ford.com/download/PDFS/fpp-warranty.pdf
Just renewed with the dealership!

thanks!

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Just renewed with the dealership!

thanks!
You need to read your warranty. Do you know whose it is? Just because you purchased it at the dealership, doesn't mean it's a Ford ESP.

Also, there is no such thing as "voiding" a warranty. If some modification is done, a warranty claim can be denied if there's proof that the modification caused the failure. But the entire warranty cannot be voided, by law.

Unless you're Chevrolet, and no one calls you on your bullshit in a court of law.

OP
OP
rwp50

rwp50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
You need to read your warranty. Do you know whose it is? Just because you purchased it at the dealership, doesn't mean it's a Ford ESP.

Also, there is no such thing as "voiding" a warranty. If some modification is done, a warranty claim can be denied if there's proof that the modification caused the failure. But the entire warranty cannot be voided, by law.

Unless you're Chevrolet, and no one calls you on your bullshit in a court of law.
Ok I’ll check on Monday.

victory-rc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' , premium ,10 speed, Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just stay with Ford Performance, it's warrantied and it's good shit, I have the power pack two and it's just a world of better, trans and power, and if I have any problems the road it's warrantied, I will never understand why people are in a hurry to void their Powertrain warranty.

OP
OP
rwp50

rwp50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Just stay with Ford Performance, it's warrantied and it's good shit, I have the power pack two and it's just a world of better, trans and power, and if I have any problems the road it's warrantied, I will never understand why people are in a hurry to void their Powertrain warranty.
yes, it’s a Ford Protect Extended Service Plan.

I renewed because of having to replace the AC Evaporator with the last warranty.

thanks

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
yes, it’s a Ford Protect Extended Service Plan.

I renewed because of having to replace the AC Evaporator with the last warranty.

thanks
Can your share what your concern is? Is a Ford dealership installing Ford Performance parts?

Anyways....the answer to your question is no, it will not void your warranty.

OP
OP
rwp50

rwp50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Can your share what your concern is? Is a Ford dealership installing Ford Performance parts?

Anyways....the answer to your question is no, it will not void your warranty.
We have a 2017 California Special. I did the big block Chevelle/442/early Vette stuff in the late 60’s early 70’s.

looking at Fords web site and considering the tune/intake manifold upgrades. Baby this thing, have barely got on it. So want to keep it fairly stock but a bit more for fun.
Thanks for your response!

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Will dealer installed tune/intake manifold void a extended warranty on our 2015 GT?

It would have to be a Ford Performance warranty, but to answer your question its no. The warranty that Ford Performance offers is 3years from when the car was new. You have long past that. If you are wondering if Ford will void your extended warranty for a tune is unknown. If its for a AC condenser or something for that ilk, the answer is no. If its something in the powertrain, then could be.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

The Ford Performance warranty is from when the vehicle went into service. Not from when you purchased the kit.

From Ford Performance:

• Comes with a 3yr/36k mile warranty from new vehicle in-service when installed by a Ford dealer or ASE/Red Seal certified technician
Thats why I installed mine when I bought the car new in 2020.

victory-rc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' , premium ,10 speed, Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm talking about the new vehicle warranty that you void with aftermarket computer reflashing, you lose your powertrain warranty with a computer reflash unless you stay with Ford Motorsports..... amazing I need to even explain this.... why don't you quote the part where Ford tells you your vehicle warranty is not voided with the power pack two

Screenshot_20230813_055326_Chrome.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: