Ford performance tune + intercooler vs Cobb 3 with Catted DP

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
And yes, all private tuners will disable the CEL for the 02 sensor.
That is not true anymore. Ever since Derive (owners of SCT and Bully Dog) got hit with a multi million dollar fine for disabling emission control functions and the EPA put tuners on notice most have stopped disabling O2 sensors.
Sponsored

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
they should make it so you can uncheck or toggle it yourself.

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I have to get a new y pipe, The Roush Y pipe on 3 sites is listed as 2.5 but American muscle is 2.25 list.. I bought mine from AM and guess what... its 2.25, so im going to get a custom fabbed 3 inch into dual 2.5 inch y pipe made locally, just gotta find someone.

heres exhaust as of now

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
they should make it so you can uncheck or toggle it yourself.
That is what Derive was fined for. None of the handheld manufactuers are going to do that.

The EPA would love nothing better than to shut the entire automotive performance industry down. And they even tried a couple of years ago by trying to push through regulations that would make it illegal to modify any vehicle that was originally certified for road use for any reason. You have SEMA to thank for lobbying to get that shot down.

When you get right down to it other than the Ford Performance tune and tunes from Roush and Montune every other tune out there is in violation of federal regulations.

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
That is what Derive was fined for. None of the handheld manufactuers are going to do that.

The EPA would love nothing better than to shut the entire automotive performance industry down. And they even tried a couple of years ago by trying to push through regulations that would make it illegal to modify any vehicle that was originally certified for road use for any reason. You have SEMA to thank for lobbying to get that shot down.

When you get right down to it other than the Ford Performance tune and tunes from Roush and Montune every other tune out there is in violation of federal regulations.
Thank you for the finromative 2 post. its crazy, but reality is electric and no emissions will be a thing we have no control over in 40 years.
I need to get a Y pipe made, I want a single 3 inlet and dual 2.25 into my oem piping, think something like this but actual diameter to replace Roush Y pipe is easy made at a shop locally?
31rAC+FA4CL._AC_.jpg

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Keep in mind that the Y pipe is not symmetrical,
The downpipe is more oriented to the passenger side, so it's more of a straight pipe with a branch for the driver side muffler.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Keep in mind that the Y pipe is not symmetrical,
The downpipe is more oriented to the passenger side, so it's more of a straight pipe with a branch for the driver side muffler.

picture didn't load. but yeah im gonna just have them use my Roush Y pipe as a template, as long as all 3 ends mate to where they are now, solid.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Fixed

Horcy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang eco boost, Zenki S14, Skyline R33 GTST
Ford performance tune is workable all year
So are most tunes. But you can get another level of drivability and have the option to switch between maps on the fly if you wish to get the best out of the driving conditions.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I need to talk to the tuner, id like a spring to fall tune, as I keep the car garage all winter. pull the beater out around then.

Sponsored

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
It’s just a pain with my painted engine cover and strut bar. Gonna have to remove it everytime

Just did it.. got a Cobb unmarried, with center mount, extra blue faceplate he has grey on it, cords case etc for 315 on eBay, but I had to pay 20 in tax

So 335 for a brand new looking Cobb Unmarried w mounts and goodies. Not mad

Is winter and summer tune the same from Ryan? Reason I ask is FP is just year round tune. I’d imagine every tune is good year round

Is there any reason why I can’t just keep regapping the same ngk colder plugs myself every 10k?

Lol what do I need to gap them?

you can remove the cover without taking off the strut bar, takes about a minute. spark plug change takes about 20 min. With a 70 mile/day commute, i still only have to do it every 4-6 months. not really a big deal. Also, pro-tunes recommend, but dont require the colder plugs, as they can run a little more timing. you can always request a more conservative tune. Pro tune will be much more suited to your individual configuration, and safer for the motor than a canned tune.

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for the finromative 2 post. its crazy, but reality is electric and no emissions will be a thing we have no control over in 40 years.
I need to get a Y pipe made, I want a single 3 inlet and dual 2.25 into my oem piping, think something like this but actual diameter to replace Roush Y pipe is easy made at a shop locally?
31rAC+FA4CL._AC_.jpg
I used this:
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...MI8Ymh6J7z6gIVReG1Ch3gBQmzEAAYASAAEgJWWfD_BwE

I found it for $35 on amazon though. the shop welded it directly to the 2.25" pipe, and easily filled the gap with the weld.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Today, I had my yearly inspection in NY.
It is an OBD2 here.
3" mbrp catted downpipe and tune+ custom tune.
Installed an 1" O2 spacer. Custom tune running.
passed and got my new inspection sticker on 10 minutes.

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
That looks way nicer than mine. No big deal though.
yeah, after i got to the shop, and saw some of the custom stuff they have done, i realized it was probably unnecessary.
Sponsored