Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Sounds like a shifter adjustment issue, not the tranny. The tranny doesn't act like that when stock. Most of the time is an adjustment of the reverse lockout screw. Look it up. Good luck.
Ok. Appreciate the tip. I'll do that. I went under car and made sure all bolts everything was tight. And that's all fine. Now I'll check that too. I do hear a rattle when shifting sometimes under the boot.
Sponsored

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Talked to my dealer service advisor. He told me that Ford would be willing to warranty the drivetrain with a Ford Racing power kit during the original factory warranty. The other issue for me was the CARB EO #. If you have a 2018 Mustang GT and have 30k miles on her, any mechanical defect should have already reared its ugly head.

To Mikey, a lot of us like the feel and sound of a NA motor. Superchagingnis always a better bang for the buck when it comes down to hp:dollar ratio.
I really want to get this kit for my 2019 GT, but I haven't been able to find an auto shop that is either willing to install it (several places declined to do the job because they "don't do performance parts") or want to charge an excessive installation price (my local dealership quoted $750).

I can easily do this job myself. Would I be crazy for installing this myself due to warranty issues? Or am I just overthinking it?

As a note, I realize that part of the appeal of this particular kit is the ability to have FP cover the warranty and that there are other intake/tune options, but I still want to go with this kit. I like the ability to put it back to stock configuration and the fit and finish of it. Also, I do have a third party warranty, but I don't recall if it would cover anything if it was modified.
Here on long island NY we have 2 shops that specialize in mustangs. Check the yellow pages or google it you may have some in your area too.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I just realized that the Mach 1/Bullitt can run on 87 Octane. This kit sure publishes gains close to Bullitt/Mach 1 in HP, but more TQ on paper. stock Bullitt/Mach 1 is 480/420 vs stock GT 460/420. the FP numbers brings the stock GT now to 479/438. But 91 Octane is now required at a minimum though.

OF5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shelby GT500 CFTP
I just realized that the Mach 1/Bullitt can run on 87 Octane. This kit sure publishes gains close to Bullitt/Mach 1 in HP, but more TQ on paper. stock Bullitt/Mach 1 is 480/420 vs stock GT 460/420. the FP numbers brings the stock GT now to 479/438. But 91 Octane is now required at a minimum though.
Stock HP/torque ratings are based on 91-octane fuel.

Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
But stock the ecu is always ready for 87. The tune is more aggressive because it doesn’t have to worry about that.
So someone who slaps this on a base PP2 will make it a slight Mach 1 beater for not much $.

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
So someone who slaps this on a base PP2 will make it a slight Mach 1 beater for not much $.
Hp for stock hp and esp torque-wise, yes. Or at least a matcher. The Mach 1 will have a better manual tranny and a little more top-end potential if modified due to the larger tb and higher rpm-focused im, but otherwise yes. Just keep in mind your powertrain warranty is 3/36 from FP rather than 5/60 from Ford. The 5/60 doesn’t disappear but a dealer/Ford can claim a problem is due to the mod if it’s logical after 3/36.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Hp for stock hp and esp torque-wise, yes. Or at least a matcher. The Mach 1 will have a better manual tranny and a little more top-end potential if modified due to the larger tb and higher rpm-focused im, but otherwise yes. Just keep in mind your powertrain warranty is 3/36 from FP rather than 5/60 from Ford. The 5/60 doesn’t disappear but a dealer/Ford can claim a problem is due to the mod if it’s logical after 3/36.

This kit has the Bulitt TB. If the Mach1 keeps the same RPM range as the Bulitt then the GT350IM is kind of a waste unless tuned for more rpm.

The Tremec tranny is not what gets me for the Mach1 1 it is the diffy and tranny coolers from the GT350.

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
This kit has the Bulitt TB. If the Mach1 keeps the same RPM range as the Bulitt then the GT350IM is kind of a waste unless tuned for more rpm.

The Tremec tranny is not what gets me for the Mach1 1 it is the diffy and tranny coolers from the GT350.
Yep, I agree. If you tune it to rev to 8K you’ll start to see the potential of the short-runner GT350IM. The bigger tb probably helps there as well.

doesn’t the Tremec have shorter gears than the mt82-D4?

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Yep, I agree. If you tune it to rev to 8K you’ll start to see the potential of the short-runner GT350IM. The bigger tb probably helps there as well.

doesn’t the Tremec have shorter gears than the mt82-D4?

Good question, I never saw the ratios disclosed. The GT350 had tall gearing as well for the Tremecs, although not as severe as the MT82D4. For the Tremec in the GT350 1st is 3.25:1 and the D4 is 3.24:1, 2nd is 2.23:1 to 2.10 for the D4. Its not drastic, thats why a set of 4.09:1 gears or better will really do wonders for the Coyote as well as the Voodoo cars.

Sponsored

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
^^ I have the 4.09s.. and they are freakin awesome! Seat of the pants. Throw you back. And I AM NOT KIDDING!. LOL get the base car and just mod, save money

Stranger706

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT w/Roush SC
A10 drivers...with the tune does it still skip gears in normal mode? You know the 1-3-5 deal. I kind of prefer this in daily driving...less shifting, makes it smoother.

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
A10 drivers...with the tune does it still skip gears in normal mode? You know the 1-3-5 deal. I kind of prefer this in daily driving...less shifting, makes it smoother.
I think it does.

LetItRide1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
It’s still nice and smooth in Normal while Sport and Track are much more aggressive. It’s like the car is pissed if you try to drive it normally in Sport or Track mode. It just wants to go.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Where you magnaride ? We’re yours the progressives ?
It will yes. There are times mine skips right past 4 in normal mode. Normal mode is smoother than stock with the tune, but still has its quirks. If anything seems to rough or agressive clearing the kam and relearning should help. Sport Plus is even smooth for me. I don't get the crazy downshifts that felt like you were being rear ended after clearning the kam.
Sponsored