Sponsored

Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

raydog1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Finally, MY turn to ask a question. :clap:

Are any of the gauges on the Procal working for you? All I get is “Pid Unsupported.” Ford Performance said they are looking into it, but that was a week ago.

See my post a few pages back for a screenshot.
Sponsored

Five_OhGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Mustang GT Premium/'13 Ford Focus ST ST3
Vehicle Showcase
Finally, MY turn to ask a question. :clap:

Are any of the gauges on the Procal working for you? All I get is “Pid Unsupported.” Ford Performance said they are looking into it, but that was a week ago.

See my post a few pages back for a screenshot.
A few of them yeah, but I had reached out to a Ford Performance tech for a guide about what some of the codes meant. They weren't able to give me a copy yet. And some of the gauges are just repeats of what is already in the cluster. But i know of the top of my head I have Engine Load, MAF, and RPM activated.

raydog1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
A few of them yeah, but I had reached out to a Ford Performance tech for a guide about what some of the codes meant. They weren't able to give me a copy yet. And some of the gauges are just repeats of what is already in the cluster. But i know of the top of my head I have Engine Load, MAF, and RPM activated.
Yep, that’s what they told me over chat. That only a few were working at this time. He also had me email [email protected] to get the problem on record. I was also given the impression that an engineer was working on a guide of working gauges of some sort. I emailed them again today for an update.

Five_OhGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Mustang GT Premium/'13 Ford Focus ST ST3
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, that’s what they told me over chat. That only a few were working at this time. He also had me email [email protected] to get the problem on record. I was also given the impression that an engineer was working on a guide of working gauges of some sort. I emailed them again today for an update.
The other thing I brought up to the Ford tech (and be wary of this) is that the tool will not turn off with your ignition while plugged into the OBDII port. He didn't rule out a potential firmware update to allow this. So I just unplug it before I leave the car.

raydog1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
The other thing I brought up to the Ford tech (and be wary of this) is that the tool will not turn off with your ignition while plugged into the OBDII port. He didn't rule out a potential firmware update to allow this. So I just unplug it before I leave the car.
Thanks for this tip! Glad I haven’t mounted it yet and learned this the hard way.

I’d say the Procal is my only disappointment in this package. It’s built like a tank, has a huge screen, and appears to make the tuning process a breeze. But, the rest of the functionality is lacking compared to what I’ve seen from others like the nGauge. I get that it costs less than the nGauge, but I expected more for the $420 price tag.

Sponsored

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Anybody know how to get the installation instructions? I went to the web address on the "blue" card and there is nothing. Not worried about the throttle body and air intake, main thing is the steps to save the original files, down load the performance file, and get it loaded right the first time.

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
opengl128,

Muchos gracias :like:

charliechupacabra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Installed mine today. 1st impression is the added torque is totally worth it. Drive is like sport and sport is a little better. Now when you put it in track it’s pretty rowdy and definitely will put a smile on your face. Things I don’t like is the hood pokes up just slightly now and the IAT’s are super high now. I could consistently cruise light to light with about a +10 degree from ambient. Now it will climb +30-40 at the light. Seems like I traded my cold air for a hot air. That was just the drive home observation. I haven’t ever dyno’d the car but I can say that my best pass to date was a 12.1 so when the track opens back up we will see if she picked up any.
BE4EC20E-147A-448E-94BF-88AD97AFF516.jpeg
200A6371-69B9-4C67-9A2C-EA1553FFA7DD.jpeg
849FD0AA-60E8-448C-98EC-D44ED06C8371.jpeg

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
These pics suck. I ordered mine a few days ago and it hasn't even shipped yet. I want it :crying:

Sponsored

Htk084

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be stang
That’s awesome to hear about your impressions, but bummer about the IAT’s. I do think the intake looks great and it’s interesting they decided to go with a hot air setup on the Bullitt and GT350, you would think they knew better about the IAT’s.

Either way great looking intake and would love to hear your 1/4 mile results.

Installed mine today. 1st impression is the added torque is totally worth it. Drive is like sport and sport is a little better. Now when you put it in track it’s pretty rowdy and definitely will put a smile on your face. Things I don’t like is the hood pokes up just slightly now and the IAT’s are super high now. I could consistently cruise light to light with about a +10 degree from ambient. Now it will climb +30-40 at the light. Seems like I traded my cold air for a hot air. That was just the drive home observation. I haven’t ever dyno’d the car but I can say that my best pass to date was a 12.1 so when the track opens back up we will see if she picked up any.
BE4EC20E-147A-448E-94BF-88AD97AFF516.jpeg
200A6371-69B9-4C67-9A2C-EA1553FFA7DD.jpeg
849FD0AA-60E8-448C-98EC-D44ED06C8371.jpeg

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Read posts. Great info here. I am receiving my power pack tomorrow (Sat.). Will be installing myself. The 42lbs down low is one main reason I bought this, plus it's all in one package instead of piece by piece buying. Also, it's from Ford, so cross fingers it is pretty safe. I pulled my sound tube months ago. Literally pulled from firewall and then plugged it. I like we can make adjustments for tires and gears as well. Planning on moving to 3.73 from 3.55 (MT6) someday.

As far as hood slightly higher with the air intake, maybe adjust the rubber grommets at the front of hood. Or make some adjustments to the hood henges. IDK. Just thinking this through in case I have same problem. I have hood struts so may have to adjust them.

Are we suppose to leave the Procal tool plugged in while driving?

Edit: I already have a JLT 3.0 oil catch can so hopefully it will fit, dont want to buy a different one.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder how S now handles on the A10 with this, I mean the shifter placed in S which is pretty aggresive to me already and even more if I use both S gear selection and S+ drive mode vs S+ drive mode with shifter in D.

So it seems the CAI needs some design adjustment due to hood contact with several users already? Makes me wonder if I ever wanted to upgrade to some new hood, it might hit easier and create a gap or warped hood.
Sponsored