Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
This is what I got regarding the warranty past the 3/36
6548E358-BE33-4370-B61B-18CAE98156EF.jpeg
I'd love to have this kit. My fear though after reading this is that Ford will deny any powertrain claim and use this kit as their reason.

For example, after this kit is installed, the 3/4 shift fork breaks.

Ford will probably state that the extra poower and torque produced by this kit was the cause of the failure.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
Power packs don't break shift forks...ham fisted drivers do.
I don't trust Ford service departments after I was told "don't park on hills" after I took my 2018 GT to the dealer where I purchased it to have the parking brake adjusted.

Last edited:

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
Thanks for your observations about the install. I will take some before and after shots of the hood to see if I have similar issues. Currently mine is lined up pretty well, though I’ve seen people add some washers to help their alignment. Hoping to find time this weekend.
Where are washers added if needed?

I pulled my sound tube months ago. Literally pulled from firewall and then plugged it.
Is there a write up somewhere on doing this? Maybe a place to buy the plug for it?

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Downloading the new files from the Ford Performance website was easy. I plugged up the ProCal4 to download, and the screen never changed. According to Fords info, I was supposed to get some info and prompts.

The downloaded software from my PC (Windows 10) did show "flashing" to the Procal. But I can't get any response from the Procal when I try to tap, scroll, or drag. Wonder how I can verify the software is there?

Also, based on what I am hearing about the new CAI from Ford, if I would be good to go if I left the stock air box in place and changed to an afe filter?

Sponsored

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Is there a write up somewhere on doing this? Maybe a place to buy the plug for it?[/QUOTE]

You can buy the sound tube delete kit on American Muscle or another car vendor. Not to expensive. Or Lowes, it's just a rubber or plastic grommet for both sides. Look up youtube there are vids. I wasn't going to use my sound tube ever again, so I pulled it off the fire wall. There is one nut holding it there and the plastic on the sound tube breaks. Then plug. Some youtube vids give you the size to plug firewall hole. I think with this power pack kit you dont have to worry about other end because it deletes it.

Edit:.the power pack kit comes with the firewall plug.

charliechupacabra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Downloading the new files from the Ford Performance website was easy. I plugged up the ProCal4 to download, and the screen never changed. According to Fords info, I was supposed to get some info and prompts.

The downloaded software from my PC (Windows 10) did show "flashing" to the Procal. But I can't get any response from the Procal when I try to tap, scroll, or drag. Wonder how I can verify the software is there?

Also, based on what I am hearing about the new CAI from Ford, if I would be good to go if I left the stock air box in place and changed to an afe filter?
I had the same problem. You can not have the procal plugged into the laptop and the car at the same time.
Download the software and plug in tool and update
Unplug from computer and plug into car, key in and it will bring up programming. Save stock tune (takes like 30 minutes)
Once done key off 3 seconds, unplug from car
Plug into computer and it will show your VIN, then prompt you to login in again with voucher. Then it will add the performance tune. Unplug from computer once you see 2 tunes in the procal box on the computer
Plug into car (key on) and select programming. Fine the performance tune and flash

AZHowln50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 10 Speed Auto

Curious to hear if we can use stock air box and high flow air filter as well?

SDAMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Installed mine today. 1st impression is the added torque is totally worth it. Drive is like sport and sport is a little better. Now when you put it in track it’s pretty rowdy and definitely will put a smile on your face. Things I don’t like is the hood pokes up just slightly now and the IAT’s are super high now. I could consistently cruise light to light with about a +10 degree from ambient. Now it will climb +30-40 at the light. Seems like I traded my cold air for a hot air. That was just the drive home observation. I haven’t ever dyno’d the car but I can say that my best pass to date was a 12.1 so when the track opens back up we will see if she picked up any.
Didnt another intake with a similar design have these similar IAT problems and alot of it was due to the seal up top not sealing right with the hood? Could have sworn I read that a while ago. I think they fixed it with a taller seal.
Im assuming this intake still draws air from near the grill like how the OE intake does?

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
charliechupacabra,

I didn't. I was only downloading the Ford software to my PC, then PC to the Procal, exactly like the instructions indicate.

As of yet, nothing has been installed, nothing has touched the OBD port.

As for an IAT test, I drove today on the highway and in town, average temp was around 82 - 84 degrees. Highway IAT's 4-6 degrees above ambient. In town IAT's got as high as 31 degrees above ambient, and this is with a 100% stock 18 GT.

So if the Ford Power Pack is running around 35 - 40 degrees in town, this is more than acceptable compared to the stock air box.

Sponsored

Five_OhGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Mustang GT Premium/'13 Ford Focus ST ST3
Vehicle Showcase
charliechupacabra,

I didn't. I was only downloading the Ford software to my PC, then PC to the Procal, exactly like the instructions indicate.

As of yet, nothing has been installed, nothing has touched the OBD port.

As for an IAT test, I drove today on the highway and in town, average temp was around 82 - 84 degrees. Highway IAT's 4-6 degrees above ambient. In town IAT's got as high as 31 degrees above ambient, and this is with a 100% stock 18 GT.

So if the Ford Power Pack is running around 35 - 40 degrees in town, this is more than acceptable compared to the stock air box.
After updating the ProCal4 when plugged into your laptop, did you then plug into your OBD2 port and write the stock tune to the procal? Once you do that, it will save your VIN information and after that you can download the actual performance calibration to the ProCal4.

And I'm not getting these high IAT temps. When I'm driving it's about 4-5 degrees about ambient, and at a long stoplight it gets to 10-15 higher max. I also have the Cervinis C-series grille which deletes the stupid shutters underneath the bumper cover, and that drastically improved my IAT temp and cylinder head temps.

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Schmeky, I am having your same problems. I am doing a windows update there was like 117 updates I needed. I am hoping that fixes this. I downloaded ProCal calibration to laptop but then nothing happens when I plug in procal tool.

Also, for everyone else those throttle bolts with the kit are weak as hell. My torque wrench must be broken because it broke a screw. I went to buy new bolts at Lowes. They matched. Close enough and fit perfect. Just keep that in mind when installing.

Last edited:

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Rpinaiii,

I didn't think I was the only one. I update Windows 10 often. I will call Ford Support next week when they are open.

Thanks for the tip on the bolts.

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
^^^ I already installed hardware so the update and procal need to work. Smdh.

Five_OhGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Mustang GT Premium/'13 Ford Focus ST ST3
Vehicle Showcase
Went for a drive today with the intention of looking at temps, 77 degrees outside. These pics are after about 15 minutes of driving.
20200502_202345.jpg

This is while driving, IAT at 81 degrees, difference of 4.
20200502_202353.jpg

This is after letting my car run for about 10 minutes in the parking lot before I went to get a few groceries, 90 degrees, difference of 13 degrees.
20200502_203725.jpg

I also just realized my fog lights are off, time to go flip those on before I forget, lol.
Sponsored