Sponsored

Ford Performance released its PP2 replica wheels

Alponcho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium
I called around this morning and am getting different information about when these will be available. Levittown said at least a few weeks. hmmm.
Sponsored

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
Thank you. It's my boy's car and he prefers a staggered look. I'm hoping .4" isn't too much. Can anyone point me to a photo of a car with this set-up, or with a similar rake. If it is too much, my options are limited with PSSS. Could switch to 295 35 in the rear which would reduce the rake very slightly. As someone mentioned earlier, 265 40 in the fronts would completely eliminate the rake.

On another note, what vendors are folks using to purchase the PP2 replica wheels? I'm less concerned about price than I am about communication/customer service, and the vendor not getting enough allocation, which would extend the wait.
Well, the pp1 has a similar rake so I guess it ok as long as lowering spring dont have additional rake. But in the end its a matter of taste.

Gbk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I called around this morning and am getting different information about when these will be available. Levittown said at least a few weeks. hmmm.
Well, the pp1 has a similar rake so I guess it ok as long as lowering spring dont have additional rake. But in the end its a matter of taste.
My summit order has been delayed from 8/12 to 9/14. That's over a 2 month wait if this this ETA holds true.

Alponcho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium
Ya, I just bailed on the PP2 replica plan. No sense waiting until who knows when for the 9.5s to come in and by the time they do, the supply of 11.0s will probably have dried up...too bad, but plenty of other good/better options out there for around the same money. May order Project 6GR Tens in 20X10 & 20X11 and run 285/30 and 305/30 (same size tire as my ZL1).

Gbk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I mean I've waited over a month might as well just wait another month and see if they actually ship. If it gets delayed after the second month I think I'm just gonna cancel and put my money towards something else lol

Sponsored

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
I mean I've waited over a month might as well just wait another month and see if they actually ship. If it gets delayed after the second month I think I'm just gonna cancel and put my money towards something else lol
I canceled my order with summit but my bets stay either with the pp2 replicas(9.5/10) or the sve sp2...whoever gets stock first gets my order...

Gbk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If anyone is wondering, just got an email that the RTR version of the y-spoke is in stock.

Alponcho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium
I ordered 20" 6GR 10 spoke (10 & 11) in satin black, and Continental ECS in 285 30 20 and 305 30 20. The spokes on the 6GR look a thinner and lack the shelf detail on the edges, and the hub is webbed rather than rounded, but still a very attractive to me. I would have liked to have a Ford wheel on the car, but these are a little lighter, spun/rotary forged/formed rather than cast. Not much of a price difference.

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80

kart3l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Mustang Ecoboost PP
I just got the wheels and my all seasons (275/35R19's) installed on these wheels. Overall, the look is better than I had anticipated. I am leaning on liking it more than the stock wheelset to be honest, and the black is slightly glossy black, not flat black without clear coat as seen on some photos.

Installed Michelin PS4S's 305/30R19's on the stock rims.

Sponsored

RalphK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
I just got the wheels and my all seasons (275/35R19's) installed on these wheels. Overall, the look is better than I had anticipated. I am leaning on liking it more than the stock wheelset to be honest, and the black is slightly glossy black, not flat black without clear coat as seen on some photos.

]
What size rims did you mount those tires on??

Last edited:

kart3l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Mustang Ecoboost PP
What size rims did you mount those tires on??
Same size as originals. 10.5 front and 11 rears.

I don't know what this particular one is. I can't tell the difference between 10.5 and 11's.

Does anyone know how to tell the difference? I am hoping my dealer put them on correctly and did not assume the wheels are the same size!!

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80

Looking good, from what vendor did you get them?

RalphK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Same size as originals. 10.5 front and 11 rears.

I don't know what this particular one is. I can't tell the difference between 10.5 and 11's.

Does anyone know how to tell the difference? I am hoping my dealer put them on correctly and did not assume the wheels are the same size!!
The lug nuts on the front (10.5" rim) will be recessed further in if memory serves me, take a tape measure inside each rim and measure, my memory might not be correct.
Sponsored