OP
OP
gismo4

gismo4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Cool, I think I might be interested in the 9.5 / 10 inch setup. I like the finish of the wheels and don't like poke of the 10.5 / 11 inch PP2 setup. You might be able to run the PP1 tire setup too with the 255/40 and 275/40 sizes. Although I'd probably go 265/40 in the front because of the 9.5 inch wheel.
I finally got someone to respond from the dealership. The tires are Nitto NT555 G2 and Front 265/40ZR 19 BACK 305/35ZR 19

Btw, they are asking way too much for this car:

IMG_5268 (2).JPG
Sponsored

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
I finally got someone to respond from the dealership. The tires are Nitto NT555 G2 and Front 265/40ZR 19 BACK 305/35ZR 19

Btw, they are asking way too much for this car:

IMG_5268 (2).JPG

Cool! Thanks!

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
Wonder whats the offset on the 10 inch wheel.
Would be better to run a square 10 set up rather than 9.5/10 staggered

mnm4ever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, MR2 Spyder, Sea Doo HX
This has been an extremely helpful post. I’m in the market for new wheels and I love these PP2 replica wheels. I like the SVE wheels but I also have a thing for buying Ford branded parts.

I get that these are cast, and there are strength concerns, but how are the OEM PP2 wheels constructed? I understand they are equally heavy, as are my OEM PP 2015 wheels. Are they all cast wheels? Because I don’t ever worry about my factory wheels cracking or bending.

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
This has been an extremely helpful post. I’m in the market for new wheels and I love these PP2 replica wheels. I like the SVE wheels but I also have a thing for buying Ford branded parts.

I get that these are cast, and there are strength concerns, but how are the OEM PP2 wheels constructed? I understand they are equally heavy, as are my OEM PP 2015 wheels. Are they all cast wheels? Because I don’t ever worry about my factory wheels cracking or bending.

I agree with you on these being Ford offered parts. I know they are heavier than the SVE wheels, but they can't be heavier than the regular PP1 wheels. I'm getting a half an inch wider wheel, plus a styling that I like and it's easier to clean than a PP1 wheel or it would seem that way. I also like the fact that if I go with the 9.5 / 10 setup, I won't get any poke which really deters me from the PP2 setup or the SVE setup. And yes...even the SVE setup has poke....at least too much for my liking.

Sponsored

mnm4ever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
I agree with you on these being Ford offered parts. I know they are heavier than the SVE wheels, but they can't be heavier than the regular PP1 wheels. I'm getting a half an inch wider wheel, plus a styling that I like and it's easier to clean than a PP1 wheel or it would seem that way. I also like the fact that if I go with the 9.5 / 10 setup, I won't get any poke which really deters me from the PP2 setup or the SVE setup. And yes...even the SVE setup has poke....at least too much for my liking.
I think the PP2 “poke” has more to do with the tires that they wanted to fit. I’ve been looking at a ton of pics of 10” wheels in front and they seem to sit pretty flush as long as you stick to a 275 or 285 tire. I haven’t noticed it with the SVE pictures.

I have a 2015 with PP and currently running the stock PP wheels but with 1” spacers. I love the look of this setup as far as how flush the wheels are. With my new wheels I want it exactly the same but with wider wheels and tires. I am not changing the suspension or lowering the car.

Figuring out the best wheel fit without making mods is a real challenge. I have it narrowed down to either 19x10 ET35 all around with a 285/35 tire, so I can rotate the wheels, or 19x10/19x11 with 285/35 in front and something larger in back... 305/30-325/30 depending on the tire choice. I do sometimes track the car so I was really wanting a good setup for HPDE, and the staggered really isn’t the best setup for that. But now I am rethinking the whole thing and wondering if I’m going too aggressive with the 10” up front??

These wheels are a favorite except for the weight, and I need to find out the offsets. The others I am considering is the MMR M600 and the P51 wheels, but I’ve heard that the P51 isn’t a good choice for track duty. And don’t even get me started on the wheel finish... do I stick with black like the PP wheels? Or go with gunmetal to change things up and make it a little easier to clean. I am so sick of cleaning the PP wheels!

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I do sometimes track the car so I was really wanting a good setup for HPDE, and the staggered really isn’t the best setup for that. But now I am rethinking the whole thing and wondering if I’m going too aggressive with the 10” up front??
Keep in mind that the front of a Mustang is its heavy end and it's the end that gets the cornering started and keeps it controlled.

If you want a good setup for a serious HPDE effort, 10" wide wheels on the front of a 3600+ lb front-engine car probably aren't 'aggressive' enough. The tire to wheel fitment tables will tell you that you can fit 285 tires on 9.5" wide wheels, but what the tables can't tell you is that maxing out the tire size to a given wheel width softens turn-in response and gives away some steering precision. FWIW, 285-wide tires work much better on 11" wide wheels, though you'd probably have to have a "conventional appearance preferences be damned, just give me the performance" attitude. Personally, I don't think I'd want to run tires intended to see track time on wheels any narrower than half an inch narrower than "max recommended". Or any amount narrower than "measuring width" for any use.

I can't help you much as far as color or finish is concerned, beyond noting that any track-capable pad is going to throw lots of dust, and that any low-dust pad formulation won't be up to the demands of track driving.

Norm

mnm4ever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Keep in mind that the front of a Mustang is its heavy end and it's the end that gets the cornering started and keeps it controlled.

If you want a good setup for a serious HPDE effort, 10" wide wheels on the front of a 3600+ lb front-engine car probably aren't 'aggressive' enough. The tire to wheel fitment tables will tell you that you can fit 285 tires on 9.5" wide wheels, but what the tables can't tell you is that maxing out the tire size to a given wheel width softens turn-in response and gives away some steering precision. FWIW, 285-wide tires work much better on 11" wide wheels, though you'd probably have to have a "conventional appearance preferences be damned, just give me the performance" attitude. Personally, I don't think I'd want to run tires intended to see track time on wheels any narrower than half an inch narrower than "max recommended". Or any amount narrower than "measuring width" for any use.

I can't help you much as far as color or finish is concerned, beyond noting that any track-capable pad is going to throw lots of dust, and that any low-dust pad formulation won't be up to the demands of track driving.

Norm
Thanks Norm! Let me pick your brain a little more...

I wouldn’t call what I do for HPDE “serious”, I just go to have fun. I see a lot of the guys there who get really into it, I don’t have the wallet or the desire to compete at that level. The last few events I went to were on stock P-Zeros, twice fairly worn, and I had a great time. I figure I can only improve my experience with a better set up and better tires. 19x10 seems to be an easy fit up front. So what would you recommend for wheel as well as tire sizes?

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
gismo4

gismo4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT PP1
I have the SVE 19x10 with a 285/35 square setup and I feel like there's no poke at all. The rear is pretty flush. If anything, I wish the front were a bit more flush. It sits a bit inside. If you go with these ford performance wheels, please post some pics! :D

EDIT* 285/35/19

Last edited:

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Thanks Norm! Let me pick your brain a little more...

I wouldn’t call what I do for HPDE “serious”, I just go to have fun. I see a lot of the guys there who get really into it, I don’t have the wallet or the desire to compete at that level. The last few events I went to were on stock P-Zeros, twice fairly worn, and I had a great time. I figure I can only improve my experience with a better set up and better tires. 19x10 seems to be an easy fit up front. So what would you recommend for wheel as well as tire sizes?
Wheel choice is too much a matter of personal preference. I happen to like split-spoke designs like the F14 Forgestar or the Apex EC-7.

For tires, either 275 or 285 wide should work, though if you were to drop down to 35 profile you'd probably have to run the inflation up a couple of psi (there is an official procedure for doing this).

Norm

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
I have the SVE 19x10 with a 285/40 square setup and I feel like there's no poke at all. The rear is pretty flush. If anything, I wish the front were a bit more flush. It sits a bit inside. If you go with these ford performance wheels, please post some pics! :D
The fronts on the SVE wheels seem fine. It's the 11's in the rear mainly when people start putting some 315's or 325's on there. I'm not saying it looks bad at all, it just personal preference. I like my wheels a little inset and a meatier sidewall. 30 series sidewalls are not for me.

mnm4ever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
I have the SVE 19x10 with a 285/40 square setup and I feel like there's no poke at all. The rear is pretty flush. If anything, I wish the front were a bit more flush. It sits a bit inside. If you go with these ford performance wheels, please post some pics! :D
do you mind posting some pics of your setup?? I was planning to drop to a 35 profile but maybe that’s a mistake.

I have been playing around with the offset calculators and I guess I already have an “aggressive” fitment. My stock wheels with 25mm spacers sit out farther than the SVE 10/11 setup and I like how it looks now. It’s hard to find a set of wider wheels that will sit the same way without some creative use of spacers. I think I can run rear wheels on the front with the spacers and end up with the same flushness.

mnm4ever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Pics of my current setup...

IMG_6707.jpg
IMG_6708.jpg
IMG_6709.jpg
IMG_6711.jpg
IMG_6712.jpg
IMG_6714(1).jpg

OP
OP
gismo4

gismo4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT PP1
do you mind posting some pics of your setup?? I was planning to drop to a 35 profile but maybe that’s a mistake.

I have been playing around with the offset calculators and I guess I already have an “aggressive” fitment. My stock wheels with 25mm spacers sit out farther than the SVE 10/11 setup and I like how it looks now. It’s hard to find a set of wider wheels that will sit the same way without some creative use of spacers. I think I can run rear wheels on the front with the spacers and end up with the same flushness.
I made a typo on my previous post. I have 285/35/19 tires. The wheels have a similar stance to your car, but since my car is black, it's hard to see the poke, but I'll try to post some pics along with a side pic.
Sponsored