Ford Performance Power Pack 3

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
Yesterday fedec dropped off my fpp3 from levittowm Ford. I wont bore anyone with the break down of the job Im sure its been discussed enough. It was easy enough to get through, although fords directions were vague on most things and i used lmr's video and the directions in tandem. The only issue came to tuning and the dongle not reading the car correctly, and after a couple of hours of various random things it just did.

I bought my car used, it had been tuned, and only thing for certain was a steeda prodflow open filter, and cat delete. I had been working with a tuner and various issues between me and getting it dialed in, the car was ok.

Either my previous tune sucked, the manifold had an issue (imrc) or the entire swap plus tune changed the car. Other than the obvious the car pulls harder, by a lot. The 1500 rpm resonant drone is gone, its moved down to around 12-14 ish, and youre never there so who cares . I beat on the car for an hour and my mpg instant gained 3 mpg.

AIT's were within 7 degrees of ambient, even the with the 2018 air box i attempted to use, were not quite that good. That was about 12 iirc

There are a couple of odd and weird things.

I have the i just got tuned and no oil pressure issue. I find this super weird with a ford tune, ill obviously call and get it straightened out.

I have a "whistle" and "chirp" sound with the TB opening up. Almost sounds like a vacuum leak but there is no indication in any performance of a vacuum issue. Honestly the car runs the best now (and idle) than it has the entire time ive owned it. Which was one of my issues with the tune on the car from them beginning, it would have a slightly stumble at idle, and ran like complete crap cold.

My next project is stepped headers with cats. Is there besides the idiot light, any gains to be made of the frp tune from a tuner? I have confidence in my tuner, but somethings just never resolved the way that i hoped, again wasnt his fault, but even know the car was meh, "logs look good"
Sponsored

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
I have a "whistle" and "chirp" sound with the TB opening up.
GT350 manifolds IMRC are audible inside the cabin when cycling from open to closed positions.
You’ll get used to the sound and the RPM range where they’re doing their job.

OP
OP
PC_GUARD

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
Spoke to ford tech, this morning. The man was almost indignant that i even considered their tune causing the reporting of no oil pressure... LOL He was mostly pleasant but was quite annoyed.

I explained i have had other aftermarket tunes, and the first file i get sent almost ALWAYS has the low oil pressure/0 gauge reading. "you video it, and your prior tune, and I send it to me"
Sponsored