2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
I bought the Ford perfoemance one and since I do not have a torque wrench I called my ford dealership to get it installed. They wanted $300 after I even explained how fast and easy it is. So not on yet. I was trying really hard not to laugh when she said the install cost.
Harbor Frieght torque wrenches are cheap.

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
You don't need torque wrench at all. I have it and that plastic felt like it could crack with that 5 NM moment. TIghten by hand and don't over-tighten, it's easily felt.
It is not about the plastic, but about the cam cover stud bolt which is supposed to torque to 10 Nm and nut on it.
@BlkMach10510 For 300 bucks you can get pretty solid torque wrench, or, if you do not mind aliexpress, you can get some pretty cheap there.

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
Can you just show the metal mount attached without the rest of the seperator?
This is is not something you can get without removing the separator first, so disconnecting all the tubing etc. You should be better by getting the installation instruction directly from the Ford website, it includes all the steps and precise torque(s).

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
It is not about the plastic, but about the cam cover stud bolt which is supposed to torque to 10 Nm and nut on it.
Still, this is easily felt in hand :)

This is the metal bracket (in front of the connector).

02.jpg
03.jpg

Sponsored

TNSilverfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Iconic Silver
Nope but why not use it. Hand tighten and then 1/4-1/2 turn more and you’re done.

RubyRedPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mirko
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Nope but why not use it. Hand tighten and then 1/4-1/2 turn more and you’re done.
Thanks for the info.
I'm asking because I could get a used one for a good price. Unfortunately it's sold without the bracket.

stungjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I have the FP on my 2019 Bullitt. It has the easier slide on bracket as shown in the pics by Charlemange. To drain I just un-clip the hoses from their nipples and bring the whole thing to the work bench. I take the four screws off and pour out the oil but some just tilt the whole thing and let if drain out. I always forget which way to lean it so I take the top off.

1684913638756.jpeg

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
On a GT, but it's the same bracket :

IMG_2151.jpg

IMG_2153.jpg

i’d get about an oz out of my Ford unit per oil change. If a drivers side aftermarket unit is only collecting a few drops I’d wonder how well its actually working?
Right side or left side ? But yes, first thing I thought when I read the post you were responding to - might we wise to swab the inside of the 'clean' side pipe for reassurance. If that's clean, it needs beating on a bit more ... :giggle:

You don't need torque wrench at all. I have it and that plastic felt like it could crack with that 5 NM moment. TIghten by hand and don't over-tighten, it's easily felt.
Yes, and I believe the funny bolt with the sleeve is designed to spread the load and to protect the plastic somewhat from the torque :like:

To drain mine, I purchased this small syphon https://www.ebay.com/itm/131238845062 and syphon through the input side. Very simple as there's maybe only 1-3 oz, depending on the way you drive.

s-l1600.jpg
Great choice :like: My extraction tool, makes for a quick and easy job :

IMG_4372.jpg

Or a turkey baster in a pinch. Just don't tell your wife and keep it in your garage.
Yes, defo don't her ...

1684914832243.jpeg

WD :like:

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
J&L has a mount one, it is 3030P-B or for clear 3030P-C. I ordered the 3030P-C because it looks easier to remove the catch can and easier to install, I hope.

Mach1Kid96

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
2022 Race Red Mach 1 700A w/ HP
i’d get about an oz out of my Ford unit per oil change. If a drivers side aftermarket unit is only collecting a few drops I’d wonder how well its actually working?
Now that you mention it, my catch can from Steeda does have a removeable filter in it. I'm now curious if the filter medium is soaking up the rest of everything. I'll have to check that. As far as the amount, I've heard it can range from a drop to an ounce, like you said. It just depends on how you drive it (from what I understand).

Also, mine is on the passenger side of the motor, so I know that also makes a difference.

Thanks for letting me know though! I'll keep a closer eye on it now! :like:

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
I installed the J&L remote mount version. It is close to some items and some it is against or rests on so I don't know.

IMG-1837.jpg

IMG-1838 (1).jpg

IMG-1839.jpg

IMG-1841.jpg

Last edited:

Phil6t9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
So approx one year on & to try to clarify, is the J&L option with the bracket needed or fine without the bracket? Or is the FP the better option? Just bought a 2020 Mustang GT & want this to be my 1st main mod (I had JLT on my Edge ST that I had b4 the Mustang). I'm really torn & quite confused. I bought extra warranty with the Mustang so unsure if JLT would affect this? Thanks for any advice I can get.
Kona Blue 2020 GT Premium
Sponsored