Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP, FP Roush S/C
Sirius Radio signal problems

Hi Agent,
I know I've read about others having this problem, but has Ford done anything about it yet? My car loses signal and I get a message of acquiring signal when there's nothing that should be blocking it. I had a Silverado, currently have a Highlander, and a Fiat 500e, and just my 2016 Mustang GT Prem PP, has the problem. It's not a Sirius signal, it's my Mustang reception issue. It happens everywhere, freeway, city streets, and all with absolutely nothing to block it. Antennae?

HELP Please!! It's extremely frustrating.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Agent_S550

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Hey [MENTION=25081]Agent_S550[/MENTION],

I've got a really annoying Issue that maybe you could shed some light on, Whenever I have the wheel at full lock whether It's right or left, to make a u-turn or just doing a three point turn for example, I hear a very distinct "creaking/clicking noise" from what sounds like the front suspension/tires.

I've had the head service manager take a drive with me In my car which he heard the noise and just "Lubed" up the area thinking maybe the bushings may be getting dry. It went away for a few days and then continued.. I had my car In for some other warranty issues and I told them to drive it and pinpoint the issue and they said nothing out of place was found or heard..

As others have stated dealer's don't do much to fix or solve the Issues that we have... I have a feeling It could be worn bushings In the suspension and the car only has 10,3xx miles..... :headbonk:
Hey!

So I have a friend with a similar issue on his 2011. Turns out it ended up being the steering rack on his. The electric motor began to creak as you got close to full lock. Not something I'd say you're dealing with specifically but it's possible. Suspension at full steering lock becomes "loaded" and subsequently acts similar to when driving (to a degree). You'll force any wear surfaces to make noise/have play if they have any.

I would put money on either the rack (but if it's steering okay I would say take that off the list) or the upper strut bushings. It's pretty common for those to make noise on some cars.

mustangenthusiast25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang Gt Premium
Hi Agent,

Do you have a fix for this. I haven't tackled it yet.

I didn't previously have a rattle coming from driver side ac vent, but now it rattles constantly. I noticed that the plastic vent stops rattling when I push the vent in because the plastic is flimsy. But does anyone have a fix for it, that doesn't require removing the whole dash gauge bezel? Because I did that once and now that vent rattles.

OP
OP
Agent_S550

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Weird thing about dash rattles it I think the vent is due to ob-longed rotational holes. If I have my vent adjusted right, I can make it rattle. If I move it ever so slightly up, it won't rattle at all. Very frustrating. I don't specifically have a fix for it unfortunately.

AlyourPal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
Subbing. Many thanks agent

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Anything on the intermittent tick for the left rear of the engine? No rythymn, pattern etc. The "bbq tick". I never encountered it during my time at ford as a master tech. Left in 2013. My 2017 gt m6 with 1011 miles has it. Had it barely before my oil change at 1000 miles. I struggled to hear it sometimes. I thought it could possibly be a loose shield or heating of the new exhaust. After the oil change there was no mistaking i had it. Changed oil with amsoil 5w30 and ford racing filter. Ive yet to get a straight answer from any of my ford contacts on cause. I cant help but wonder if its the crank bearings. Especially with long block replacement seeming to be the standard warranty repair. I also think its interesting the built short blocks have yet to ever report having this tick

Last edited:

5.0GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Anything on the intermittent tick for the left rear of the engine? No rythymn, pattern etc. The "bbq tick". I never encountered it during my time at ford as a master tech. Left in 2013. My 2017 gt m6 with 1011 miles has it. Had it barely before my oil change at 1000 miles. I struggled to hear it sometimes. I thought it could possibly be a lose shield or heating of the new exhaust. After the oil change there was no mistaking i had it. Changed oil with amsoil 5w30 and ford racing filter. Ive yet to get a straight answer from any of my ford contacts on cause. I cant help but wonder if its the crank bearings. Especially with long block replacement seeming to be the standard warranty repair. I also think its interesting the built short blocks have yet to ever report having this tick
+1

Are there any TSB for this issue on 2015 mustangs?

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
Anything on the intermittent tick for the left rear of the engine? No rythymn, pattern etc. The "bbq tick". I never encountered it during my time at ford as a master tech. Left in 2013. My 2017 gt m6 with 1011 miles has it. Had it barely before my oil change at 1000 miles. I struggled to hear it sometimes. I thought it could possibly be a lose shield or heating of the new exhaust. After the oil change there was no mistaking i had it. Changed oil with amsoil 5w30 and ford racing filter. Ive yet to get a straight answer from any of my ford contacts on cause. I cant help but wonder if its the crank bearings. Especially with long block replacement seeming to be the standard warranty repair. I also think its interesting the built short blocks have yet to ever report having this tick
+3

Mine develope a tick as well before the 1st oil change. Good news is it hasn't gotten any louder; with all the back and forth with the dealership and a PITA/incompetent Fordservice CSM, I'm gonna roll the dice, not sweat it, and enjoy my car. Also reading all the hassle people went through getting theirs addressed has left a real bad taste of the troubleshooting (basically guesswork) process and eventual "fix", I decided no thanks.

Last edited:

Moi16gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt performance package
Im having this exact same noise/rattle coming from shifter when accelerating do you have any idea what it is? Please check out video

[ame]

OP
OP
Agent_S550

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Anything on the intermittent tick for the left rear of the engine? No rythymn, pattern etc. The "bbq tick". I never encountered it during my time at ford as a master tech. Left in 2013. My 2017 gt m6 with 1011 miles has it. Had it barely before my oil change at 1000 miles. I struggled to hear it sometimes. I thought it could possibly be a loose shield or heating of the new exhaust. After the oil change there was no mistaking i had it. Changed oil with amsoil 5w30 and ford racing filter. Ive yet to get a straight answer from any of my ford contacts on cause. I cant help but wonder if its the crank bearings. Especially with long block replacement seeming to be the standard warranty repair. I also think its interesting the built short blocks have yet to ever report having this tick
+1

Are there any TSB for this issue on 2015 mustangs?
+3

Mine develope a tick as well before the 1st oil change. Good news is it hasn't gotten any louder; with all the back and forth with the dealership and a PITA/incompetent Fordservice CSM, I'm gonna roll the dice, not sweat it, and enjoy my car. Also reading all the hassle people went through getting theirs addressed has left a real bad taste of the troubleshooting (basically guesswork) process and eventual "fix", I decided no thanks.
The terrible part about the BBQ tick is that as much as I'd like to say it's a generic fix, it's not. I've seen 5.0's come in for the same noise and it be different reasons every time. With so many working parts in the valvetrain and engine as a whole, any significant lash will cause a tick/rattle/tap. I saw a few TSB's for the issue and the most involved one required replacing the VVT phasers on Bank 2 (if I recall correctly). While I know some have had main bearing issues that created the noise, I'm convinced a good chunk of the noise people are getting comes from lash adjusters under the rockers. I dealt with a similar issue on a couple modular motors I've built and the same noise arose from them from weak lifters. I wish I could give all of you a blanket statement that says "Do this" but really I can't.

My one piece of advice is to seriously consider if it's worth tearing the car down for. Yes it has a warranty. Yes it should be right. But at what cost to the integrity of the car does it come and is it worth the time without the car? Thats for you to decide. I'm on the fence if mine ever has the tick. I can't be certain I'd run out and throw it at the dealer even with the fact it's a secondary car for me. It's just a decision you'll have to make. If the car runs well and doesn't show metal in the oil, I would just drive it. Run a 5w30 and let it roll.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Agent_S550

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Im having this exact same noise/rattle coming from shifter when accelerating do you have any idea what it is? Please check out video

Sounds like one of the mounting points for around the shifter isn't flush with the floor. I bet if you pulled the console up you'd find plenty of loose things. It could be just my ears but it doesn't sound like it's in the transmission.

5.0GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The terrible part about the BBQ tick is that as much as I'd like to say it's a generic fix, it's not. I've seen 5.0's come in for the same noise and it be different reasons every time. With so many working parts in the valvetrain and engine as a whole, any significant lash will cause a tick/rattle/tap. I saw a few TSB's for the issue and the most involved one required replacing the VVT phasers on Bank 2 (if I recall correctly). While I know some have had main bearing issues that created the noise, I'm convinced a good chunk of the noise people are getting comes from lash adjusters under the rockers. I dealt with a similar issue on a couple modular motors I've built and the same noise arose from them from weak lifters. I wish I could give all of you a blanket statement that says "Do this" but really I can't.

My one piece of advice is to seriously consider if it's worth tearing the car down for. Yes it has a warranty. Yes it should be right. But at what cost to the integrity of the car does it come and is it worth the time without the car? Thats for you to decide. I'm on the fence if mine ever has the tick. I can't be certain I'd run out and throw it at the dealer even with the fact it's a secondary car for me. It's just a decision you'll have to make. If the car runs well and doesn't show metal in the oil, I would just drive it. Run a 5w30 and let it roll.[/QUOTE

Thanks for the quick response!

Do you know the TSB numbers for the 2015 mustang ( for the tick) that you mentioned so I can show the dealer if they say "it's normal" sounds?

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!

My one piece of advice is to seriously consider if it's worth tearing the car down for. Yes it has a warranty. Yes it should be right. But at what cost to the integrity of the car does it come and is it worth the time without the car? Thats for you to decide. I'm on the fence if mine ever has the tick. I can't be certain I'd run out and throw it at the dealer even with the fact it's a secondary car for me. It's just a decision you'll have to make. If the car runs well and doesn't show metal in the oil, I would just drive it. Run a 5w30 and let it roll.
I didnt notice anything in the oil when i drained it. I tried to retrieve the old filter but the trash wash already taken out at my buddies shop by the time i gave it thought on the old filter. To be honest this car is far from a daily driver and getting put away for the winter shortly. I have an appointment thursday at 10:30. Definitely getting it fixed. Thanks for your input. I appreciate it. I am curious by what you mean integrity to the car though

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...

Agreed...hence my apprehension in having the dealer try and guess what the issue is. The back and forth was mainly a hassle when dealing with the corporate rep. We could not even get pass my suggestion with trying 5w-30 on the car without corporate telling me flat out warranty will be void if that is done.

I'll be doing a OA on this next oil change and hopefully get the dealer to save me the oil filter. Curious to see what I have...I think it'll be fine but I still want to know.

Thanks for your time! :cheers:

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
do any of you send the oil off to blackstone?
Sponsored