OP
Agent_S550

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Helping more and more folks every week :) Don't be afraid to ask if you need anything! Just remember I don't do this for a living anymore so if it's complex please be patient with me. Thanks!!
Sponsored

hiphippilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT PP
Rear passenger panel squeak

Is there anything about squeaking coming from the car's rear right body panel? My car squeaks from that area, and it appears to be where the panel is joined with what seems to be a pink foam like substance.

OP
OP
Agent_S550

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
If you're referring to the interior quarter trim panel, which most people are, you can get foam tape and line the edge of the panel as it rests on the metal to fix that. Half the time they aren't seated correctly and have tension on them that causes you grief. Had a few people who PM'd me with the same issue and we fixed it that way.

hiphippilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT PP
No, I removed every single interior panel from the rear, got in the trunk while someone else was driving and the noise seemed to be coming from the body itself whenever there was any flex or vibration. The noise stopped when I pressed against the quarter panel. I'm taking the car in to get looked at, but I have no idea how that could be fixed.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
For the rear 1/4 area "squeaking", "creaking" or other annoying noise:

On the exterior, at the rear wheel wells, each inner fender liner is secured to the 1/4 sections with "caps" that screw clockwise. Over time, the caps become loose and this allows the inner fender liner to become loose and it can make noises as it flexes within the wheel wells against the metal/body area. There are multiple caps that are used to secure the liners.

Reach into the wells, find each cap and turn them clockwise until they have tightened up. You don't want to over tighten, but you can feel the tension and liner will get tighter as you turn the caps.

Try that, go for a drive and see if it helped any.

Also, I put a thread on here in the DIY section regarding a module found in the trunk, on the passenger side behind the trunk liner. The module is mounted to a very thin piece of "floppy" metal. Due to road harshness/imperfections, tires and any other vibration, while driving that piece of metal actually flexes and wobbles, thus causing weird noises too. Check out the thread and see if you're getting noise from that area too.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ou that's a good one. Send me a PM with your email just in case I find it. They are always too large to post on here.
PM sent w/email if you find anything - thanks!!!!:cheers:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What have you heard/know about the driveline vibration issue? There's a huge thread in the TSB section on here, didn't know if you saw or posted anything relating to the concerns.

We know there is a TSB, but what else is there that logged about it from so many owner complaints?

hiphippilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT PP
I'll try that and report back, thanks.

ghostnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
Is there a service bulletin concerning brake squeal on the 2015 GT PP brembos?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Agent_S550

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Currently having issues with my systems folks. I can get information but unfortunately it takes me a bit longer than usual.

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
Is there anything about the oil change tick on the S550's? I've gotten it after all three oil changes at dealership. Seems to subside after a few hundred (maybe 1,000) miles, but irritating nonetheless.

Fenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Shadow Black
Any notes about a rattle in the driver door panel? I suspect something is not properly installed inside. It sounds like a captured washer on a bolt that wasn't tightened all the way.

What about wrinkles in leather seat covers? My passenger side bolster has about a 1/4" gap between the cushion and cover. It looks pretty bad.

Headlight misalignment? The back edge on the drivers side is proud of the bumper and fender. Passenger side is below flush about 1/8".
Updates to these issues:
1.) Rattle. The rattle was caused by loose plastic clips inside the door, fixed no problem.

2.) Seat cover wrinkle. The dealer had to get approval from Ford to repair the seat. Ford advised some procedures to re-fit the cover which were unsuccessful. Ford advised the dealer to order a new bottom seat cushion and install. Service manager said the cushion was ~$1200 since it contains components for the heaters. I'd hate to see the cost of the whole seat. The same cover is installed and wrinkle is improved but still present. Service manager said he could not do anything else at a dealer level, but suggested I may be able to get Ford to give the go ahead to replace the cover. Not sure why they wouldn't just replace the cover anyways, it's gotta be cheaper than the cushion at $1200. I can live with it though.

3.) I didn't end up asking about the headlight as it looks like the mounting brackets are part of the body. I looked at other mustangs on the lot and most had one side sticking out.

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
I'm close to ordering a '17 GT, but the sheer number of issues has me hesitant. In your opinion, have many/most of these issues been addressed and resolved by now? I'm also considering waiting for the 2018, but now not sure I want to be an early adopter for that car's changes.

I'm particularly concerned about the A/C evap core failure issue. Have they resolved that with a new part? I don't want to have my dashed completely removed to fix it when it fails. Also, the driveshaft vibration - what is being done to address that?

Jww92201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hey [MENTION=25081]Agent_S550[/MENTION],

I've got a really annoying Issue that maybe you could shed some light on, Whenever I have the wheel at full lock whether It's right or left, to make a u-turn or just doing a three point turn for example, I hear a very distinct "creaking/clicking noise" from what sounds like the front suspension/tires.

I've had the head service manager take a drive with me In my car which he heard the noise and just "Lubed" up the area thinking maybe the bushings may be getting dry. It went away for a few days and then continued.. I had my car In for some other warranty issues and I told them to drive it and pinpoint the issue and they said nothing out of place was found or heard..

As others have stated dealer's don't do much to fix or solve the Issues that we have... I have a feeling It could be worn bushings In the suspension and the car only has 10,3xx miles..... :headbonk:
Sponsored