Sponsored

Ford Mustang: Australian supply improves with 2000 extra units, SYNC 3 infotainm

Tarrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red Ecoboost Fastback
That's no entirely correct ..... A lot of people have been waiting a lot longer and will still receive sync 2 like myself ...
That's very true and it's not like any of us had a choice about how long we'd be waiting. :frusty:
Sponsored

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
That is incorrect. Orders are in sequence. Example any cars ordered in sept 2015 will be produced in August 2016 or later and will have Sync 3. 2000 extra cars allocated are for balance of people who ordered early but may still be safe and get the MY17 models with Sync 3.
Orders definitely aren't in sequence, that's why I was given the moniker QJ or Queue Jumper

MC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red GT Fastback, due sometime in October
So I guess I get Sync 3?! (step 2015 order). Wow! I haven't even bothered to work out how the radio works on my 3-year-old XR6T let alone the Bluetooth thing, although I've only had it a month granted (last thing I want to do is talk to people while driving, which is difficult enough with all the morons out there who patently have no driving skills). I think I must be 38 going on 88.

As someone commented above, you can keep all this high-tech stuff. I'd prefer something like optimally designed headers rather than the constricting things put on our cars, and perhaps ensuring that all engines keep sufficiently cool via hood vents. And we won't mention any of those other glaring omissions ...

Thank you for reading my grumpy morning rant of the day :).

mstngjpm1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Fastback Auto
You can also phone Ford Australia on 133673 and give them your 4 digit order number and they can give you further info inc Vin number if it is available

freddoflog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's white
Well after all that my build has somehow been moved forward to May. I have a VIN and obviously I'll still get it in Guard but no Sync3. Ordered early October 2015.

Sponsored

ozengine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB Ruby Red Convertible
Does Sync 3 work with non apple smart phones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ange
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP, Magnetic Grey
Well after all that my build has somehow been moved forward to May. I have a VIN and obviously I'll still get it in Guard but no Sync3. Ordered early October 2015.
That's Strange!! I ordered mine in early Sept 2015 and have been given August 2016 Production based on my NSC code. I guess because you ordered Guard they have squeezed yours in.

MC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red GT Fastback, due sometime in October
That's Strange!! I ordered mine in early Sept 2015 and have been given August 2016 Production based on my NSC code. I guess because you ordered Guard they have squeezed yours in.
I thought a little about Guard! Looks like the choice might have been a good one here.

freddoflog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's white
I reckon you're right. A few people with discontinued colours might get shifted forward a month or two. It's a bit of a spanner in the works as I have been working on the assumption I'd get it in October November - there are worse problems to have though!

Sponsored

2-STANG

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mystangmods.com.au
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang
I believe what they are trying to doing is - trying to move all the orders placed for colours that are no longer available like DIB, Comp orange etc. to be built before june so customers dont miss out in my opinion.

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
Maybe I got lucky but my Dec 2016 order has an NSC and estimated build and delivery date - got it a few days back.

CO FTW!
A little birdy told me that the discontinued colour orders are getting pushed forward (and others subsequently being pushed back) so they can discontinue the colours from the build line.

That means my CO order 6 months later might end up being built only a week later.

tantash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anne
Vehicle(s)
2015/16 Mustang GT V8 convertible
If your mustang is produced after June 2nd it will have Sync 3. Anything prior to this will only get Sync 2.
And there is no upgrade for cars already built either. Looks like we would have to replace the entire unit with one from the States at a cost of approx. $1995US.

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
there are worse problems to have in this world, however I will agree with [MENTION=14692]Aus-MustangGT[/MENTION], would be nice to reward the early adopters - even eith a discounted upgrade option
Sponsored