Sponsored

Ford Mustang: Australian supply improves with 2000 extra units, SYNC 3 infotainm

MC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red GT Fastback, due sometime in October
Car was ordered Sept.15 and as of last week build date was Sept 16 and I was told to ring back in August for an update.
So I have been moved forward approx. 4 months.
With that bump, my car will probably be delivered before it was scheduled to be built.
Similar time frame for me (4 Sept order). Maybe I should change my colour to CO or Guard? :).
Sponsored

PO55NY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Competition Orange.ordered
Just check but I have read that you have about 8 weeks before build to change colour.
I'm sure others on this Forum have mentioned it.

MC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red GT Fastback, due sometime in October
Just check but I have read that you have about 8 weeks before build to change colour.
I'm sure others on this Forum have mentioned it.
I was told I could change up until May, but I think it would dangerous to do so. Trust is pretty low in the system.

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
my 2c - Just wait a little while and if it really is a CO order it's likely to get built much earlier than Sept... Ford AU just doesn't know it yet.
Received facebook message from Ford this morning. " we are pleased to announce build date has been brought forward to May and vin number will be available end of April".
LOL, called it!

It's a huge bump forward timewise as a reward for choosing one of the best colours :headbang:

Really can't trust even FordAus OR the dealer - they just spout whatever BS Ford US feeds them. It's always subject to change.
I fully stand by that statement - disappointing really - and take solace in the fact that once the car arrives here its the dealer (who, in my case seems really good) to look after it from that point on.

PO55NY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Competition Orange.ordered
Yes, I rang my dealer after I got Facebook message and he hadn't been told about my bump up the queue.
He will now be checking his other orders and hopes to pass on the good news.

Sponsored

2-STANG

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mystangmods.com.au
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang
Yes, I rang my dealer after I got Facebook message and he hadn't been told about my bump up the queue.
He will now be checking his other orders and hopes to pass on the good news.
Congrats on the good news!! We have better estimation on this forum than Ford FB & Dealers it seems :lol:

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ange
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP, Magnetic Grey
Received facebook message from Ford this morning. " we are pleased to announce build date has been brought forward to May and vin number will be available end of April".
You have been bumped up obviously due to your colour being discontinued after June 2 MY17 models.

w0rt3x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT Fastback Manual Ruby Red
All dealerships were sent a memo to submit any holding orders by last Friday (8th April). Ford AU is now going through all the submitted orders from the dealerships and allocating the newly announced 2000 vehicles. If you're waiting on NSC number, you should get an update from Ford over the new few weeks - if your dealership has submitted the order. Confirmed with officials at Ford AU