Sponsored

Ford GT vs ZR1 at Virginia International Raceway

Benjj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camero
Honestly, I don't know how or more precisely why they do it. It is great for me as a buyer, but the high volume dealers selling 1SS1LE for $38K, 2SS1LE for $45K, Z51 for $52K, Grand Sports for $62K does not seem to be a good business.

I think the performance of these Ford and GM cars that we are discussing is incredible and world class. I think Ford is correct in trying to extract more $$$ from consumers for the performance. GM just seems to produce, produce, discount, discount.

I love GM's performance pricing. But I think Ford's pricing may be better for their business.

My other vehicle addiction is Jeeps. And boy Jeep knows how to extract every single penny they can from me and others for my Wrangler Rubicon. It is just a money machine. Compared to them, GM is just like Santa Claus when it comes to Corvette/Camaro pricing.
What? What were Mustang gt’s going for before this last refresh? High 20s for a car with an MSRP in the mid 30s. Talk about produce, produce, discount, discount. Pricing has been one of the main complaints on here about the Camaro, as well as visibility and looks. Now that ford is charging more for mustangs, it’s suddenly better for business.

I’m honestly curious to see if the mustangs keep outselling camaros when ppl start seeing the new price tags when you get anything but a base model. My build came just under $50k with 10 spd, mag, exhaust, leather, and pp1(still haven’t seen the number with pp2 added.)
Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
OP
OP

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
I suspect you throw this same power train into a 1LE and you'll get similar results.

I would have been shocked if this car did not beat the GT considering the HP/TQ difference.
The 6G Camaro is about 200-300 lbs heavier than the Vette, I don't think it'll beat the Ford GT putting 755HP into a 1LE.

ZR1 did well and was expected, their real test is to beat the Viper's time at the ring.. That will be a pretty tough feat in my opinion.

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
Wow, not bad for the ZR1 considering the cost difference. Respect for the Vettes.. Camaro not so much.. Still can't see out of it and it'll always be the poor man's Vette :D

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...vette-zr1-vir-lap-record/?src=socialflowFBRAT
Well i dont want to say i told you so, but this was expected. When it comes to competition, Chevy takes it really seriously. Now all we hope is Ford doing their homework and giving us a GT500 that can at least out handle a ZL1 1LE and match Hellcat on the straight line!

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
Garbage Motors can never be trusted to be honest.Remember they are the Kings of sending out ringer cars.The GT350 R vs z28.The z28 that gm sent out had I think it was 525,but it came from the factory with 505.:tsk:
Man... Must be nice to live in your own little world filled with nothing but angry excuses or any sources to back up your statement.

Sponsored

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
Garbage Motors can never be trusted to be honest.Remember they are the Kings of sending out ringer cars.The GT350 R vs z28.The z28 that gm sent out had I think it was 525,but it came from the factory with 505.:tsk:
Let me guess then all the new mustangs are all ringers too because even though they are rated 460 hp they seem to have 500 hp crank from the dynos. That is not a good logic! Come up with a better excuse!

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Amazing what GM does. When you consider the price point. Gotta love anything that punches way out of it's weight class!:cheers:

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Over 100 more HP, more tire, same wheelbase (literally to the tenth of an inch), revised MSRC, aero, and another gear to play with. I'm not surprised it beat the GT.

BailoutBowtie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KonaKid Chris
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
Man... Must be nice to live in your own little world filled with nothing but angry excuses or any sources to back up your statement.
1. Ignition gate
2. Bankruptcy

There's 2 off the top of my head and why I cant stand GM nor will i ever trust them again.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
1. Ignition gate
2. Bankruptcy

There's 2 off the top of my head and why I cant stand GM nor will i ever trust them again.
You've clearly never heard of a Ford Pinto then have you....................

I had to write a dissertation on the Ford Pinto and its impact on modern corporate ethics. Do your own digging yourself but long story short, Ford Motor Company BUDGETED money to combat lawsuits and make liability payouts to families and parties for wrongful death due to the Pinto during its development. And you want to refer to trust in automotive companies and single out GM? :lol:

I certainly hope you don't own a Volkswagen considering the most recent allegations either. Which would also put Audi, Lamborghini, Bugatti, and Bentley into that umbrella of "trust."

Sponsored

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
1. Ignition gate
2. Bankruptcy

1a. Considering Ford has had a massive recall over ignition switches possibly causing a fire (not to mention a few of their vehicles in the past have had a mild issue of burning to the ground), you might want to go with something else. http://www.nytimes.com/1996/04/26/us/in-a-record-recall-ford-is-set-to-repair-8-million-vehicles.html

1b. They've also had the largest recall in automotive history. https://jalopnik.com/these-are-the-10-biggest-automotive-recalls-ever-1689270859
So, if recalls are what turn you off, you should probably be buying a KIA...

2. Ford received a bailout as well. While not as large, and not taken over by the government, they still did. https://www.thebalance.com/auto-industry-bailout-gm-ford-chrysler-3305670

All manufacturers have issues at some point. That's hardly a reason to not buy from Ford or GM. A better reason is that you just don't care for the brand. I've owned a Ford/Chevy/Nissan/Honda/Jeep/VW. (VW was the worst) I don't really have any specific preference or loyalty to a manufacturer. They all have an issue every once in a while.

Now where did I put that gold star of yours..... ;)

BailoutBowtie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KonaKid Chris
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
You've clearly never heard of a Ford Pinto then have you....................

I had to write a dissertation on the Ford Pinto and its impact on modern corporate ethics. Do your own digging yourself but long story short, Ford Motor Company BUDGETED money to combat lawsuits and make liability payouts to families and parties for wrongful death due to the Pinto during its development. And you want to refer to trust in automotive companies and single out GM? :lol:

I certainly hope you don't own a Volkswagen considering the most recent allegations either. Which would also put Audi, Lamborghini, Bugatti, and Bentley into that umbrella of "trust."
The Pinto HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Is that all you have is the Fuck*# pinto. Get real man that was way long ago. "THE PINTO" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! I don't see Ford trying to do that in modern times like GM. I have owned GM vehicles and have been burned before bye them.

Baron95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
What? What were Mustang gt’s going for before this last refresh?
The lowest cost vehicle from Ford, with proper brakes (2-piece rotors, fixed calipers) and proper cooling for fluids is the GT350.

GT350s and specially GT350Rs, due to limited supply go for MSRP and MSRP+markup and it is a lot of drama to buy them. You have to deal with dealer BS.

GM has several cars with brembos on all corners, proper cooling, available Video/performance data recording, starting at $38K (Camaro 1SS-1LE).

We are talking about proper track-ready from showroom vehicles here. Ford has nothing that you can buy without dealer drama.

BailoutBowtie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KonaKid Chris
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
1a. Considering Ford has had a massive recall over ignition switches possibly causing a fire (not to mention a few of their vehicles in the past have had a mild issue of burning to the ground), you might want to go with something else. http://www.nytimes.com/1996/04/26/us/in-a-record-recall-ford-is-set-to-repair-8-million-vehicles.html

1b. They've also had the largest recall in automotive history. https://jalopnik.com/these-are-the-10-biggest-automotive-recalls-ever-1689270859
So, if recalls are what turn you off, you should probably be buying a KIA...

2. Ford received a bailout as well. While not as large, and not taken over by the government, they still did. https://www.thebalance.com/auto-industry-bailout-gm-ford-chrysler-3305670

All manufacturers have issues at some point. That's hardly a reason to not buy from Ford or GM. A better reason is that you just don't care for the brand. I've owned a Ford/Chevy/Nissan/Honda/Jeep/VW. (VW was the worst) I don't really have any specific preference or loyalty to a manufacturer. They all have an issue every once in a while.

Now where did I put that gold star of yours..... ;)
How about I don't want to give my hard earned Money to a corporation that mismanages their money and gets a free taxpayer bailout. No Ford did not receive a Bailout junior it was called a technology loan which others like Nissan also received. Ford was Smart to mortgage the Blue Oval to avoid needing assistance. I think you need to understand the difference between a technology loan and a bailout. Ford did not take a Bailout period. As you say all manufactures have issues, it's just GM lately has been on a roll of reasons not to like them. Oh and :ford:
Sponsored