Ford extended warranty questions.

Traffic22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Raptor, 2011 Ford CV Lemons Race Car
But what is defined as "abuse"? And doesn't Ford have to specifically state it in the manual or somewhere so that users know about it?

There's no rule AFAIK that says you can't go WOT to redline more than x times per day otherwise your warranty is null. As long as you stay within the specified RPM range, you should be able to use it as much or as little as you want right?

Youā€™re preaching to to choir man. I agree with youā€¦.I was just pointing out, as others have tooā€¦.both the ford basic and extended warranty have specific language that prohibits abuse, and racing. Iā€™m going to guess they would call extended high rpm runs abuse, but thatā€™s just a guess.

I always look at it as; you have to pay to play. The min the car hits the track (drag, road course, etc) I operate under the mindset Iā€™m on the hook for anything that goes wrong. If something does and gets covered under warranty, cool bonus.
Sponsored

Rev Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2023 BMW X3
I renewed my 2020 GT350R earlier this year to a total of 8 years for $3035 through my local Ford dealer.

FWIW,
Kirby
This is exactly what I just got for my car. I just called the Ford Protect number and it was pretty quick and easy.

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
Not warranty advice

We currently interpret our own GT500 warranty as:

You can take the veh (Shelby in our case) to a track. Run it on a drag strip in a
"test & tune" format.
Or, on a closed coarse track day thats NOT a competitive event.
I.E. - the same 2 similar environments/ settings as the Ford Racing School events in Charlotte, NC you received a free offer to attend, as a new Shelby original purchaser.

We each will have our own interpretation of the Ford B2b & ESP Warranty's Id say. Ford has there own as well. You will need to decide on your own how you interpret the warranty language of valid vs void warranty claim issues.

We interpret Fords language (Im not a lawyer, so ^^^ is not legal advice) as they aren't saying you cannot see/test out- what your car is capable of on a racetrack. In fact, I would hope the FoMoCo might prefer everyone testing these cars on a closed coarse track, vs testing its abilities on a public state highway, or federal interstate. šŸ¤ž Id hope, anyhow šŸ¤ž

We believe they are saying that if you go beyond a 'testing' of the these cars, & place it in the conditions defined as "racing the car" in a competitive environment. Then your going to void the warranty. Or so it seems, based on their own rules & requirements. I may be incorrectly interpreting the verbage.

Test & tune drag racing events
"appear to be excluded"
from what an organized- competitive-racing event that you enter my impose. Such as an event where you're facing
'round by round' competition, against others, appears to be a no-no. Or competing in a group of people, who are all fighting to be the winner of a lap, or a muti lap event on a closed coarse.

Now, what we have not fully verified (yet) is whether the Ford Bumper to Bumper,
& Drivetrain offerings on these vehicles when bought new:
3/36 B2B &
5/60 power train warranty.

-- have similar or varying verbage when comparing the Ford ESP EXTENDED warranty you can purchase, as new/used car buyer.

'at or after purchased' Ford ESP - Extended Service Protection warranty plan, from a participating Ford dealership.

I suspect they will dive into the history of the data logged events that led up to the mishap, & attempt to question how the car was being driven, & how it was being driven.

I suppose the Guberment can 1 day eliminate 90% of its local, state highway. & federal road systems enforcement patrols as well in a dystopia not far away.
By simply downloading our driving data - either monthly, weekly, daily, or hourly. To see if the vehicle has exceeded the speeds of the (GPS gleaned) designated locations of operation, & then issues a summons to appear in court or pay the fine deemed appropriate by the judiciary.

Will we see this in my lifetime? Doubt it. Are we capable of this intelligence gathering as of today? I would say all the pieces are individually possible to review, & its a matter of software to aggregate it into 1 place that can determine the infraction.

Sometime around ~2008, a farmer was irrigating a field in the area of Casa Grande Arizona. He was required to purchase a permit to legally divert water from the main canal, & into his own fields to water his crop. He did not purchase a permit that yr, so was not able to use water from the system. They later fined the farmer several thousands of dollars, for essentially stealing water without paying for it.

(Not unlike Every Day occurrences in left & right coast citys, not far from water as well, ironically, although its h20, but rather Nike Shoes & other things in San Francisco, Portland, & New York).

Anyway, when the law breaker asked how the local canal authority knew thaey had stolen water, & what proof was available. They provided a photograph from a French owned Satellite, that literally showed water in the field, during a period no permit was purchased.

Which led to the very simple question of: of all the fields, in all the world. Who accidentally stumbled upon, & managed to find water, & the necessary lack of permits to use such water? Especially all the way from France. (A place that could really use that water about now, on most of there city streets) šŸ¤£

WHO was able to aggregate that information, & distill it down to the level of 1 farmer in the desert of the SW USA? Its very impressive šŸ‘. Especially when we cannot find out so many things that American taxpayers have requested of our law enforcement & government in recent years.

Will our cars ability to communicate by cell & satellite
(to the automotive gestapo headquarters equivalent)
in (nearly) real time- also void our warranty, 1 day soon. Before we even get the veh bk to the local dealership to inform them of the CV joint we broke, or noisy Ring gear we suddenly now have? Or does GPS tell them where we were eo we don't have to verbally waste our own breathe?

Rose City R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
1963 1/2 Ford Galaxie R code, 2020 GT350R, 1991 Mazda Miata SE
Just pulled the trigger for a Premium Care 0 deductible 10/36 from Granger for under $2k. They even applied my Ford Pass points. What a deal!

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Eruption Green
I just switched from the third party Triton Protect warranty the dealership sold me when I bought the car to a Ford Premium Care ESP! I was paying nearly 4k for a 7 year 100k warranty through triton and I got the same coverage backed by ford for 2k even!

Sponsored

Traffic22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Raptor, 2011 Ford CV Lemons Race Car
I just switched from the third party Triton Protect warranty the dealership sold me when I bought the car to a Ford Premium Care ESP! I was paying nearly 4k for a 7 year 100k warranty through triton and I got the same coverage backed by ford for 2k even!
Niceā€¦.canā€™t go wrong with the full Ford ESP covers just about everything. Iā€™ve never had an issue with any of mine and definitely have gotten my moneys worth out of them.

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R | 2023 Ram TRX
So my dumb ass just tried to buy a FORD ESP through Flood, NOT knowing that the car wasn't eligible due to it being purchased over 3 years ago. I thought I could still extend the warranty for the powertrain as that part is still covered.

So if Food and Grainger ESP's are out, what are my options?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
So my dumb ass just tried to buy a FORD ESP through Flood, NOT knowing that the car wasn't eligible due to it being purchased over 3 years ago. I thought I could still extend the warranty for the powertrain as that part is still covered.

You can do it through Granger but you have to call or send them an email to get a quote. They donā€™t have it on their site yet. I think I saw last week that Zachā€™s team got someone else in a similar situation set up.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350

I know with Flood, if you have an ESP about to expire, you can extend it. It's basically buying an ESP for a used car. But they only do it through the phone. So call them about getting a warranty for your car. They probably do it, but only over the phone.

klawrence

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kerry
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Can confirm , bought a 2016 GT350 with 9k miles from a local Ford dealer also purchased a Ford ESP 40k/6 years.

Sponsored

RedVuDu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
66 Fastback 2016 GT350
I purchased a 2016 GT350 with 2100 miles from an independent dealer. My local Ford Dealer sold me a 20K/48 month Ford Protect Powertrain warranty. Is there a difference between the Ford Protect and ESP warranty's, or are they the same thing?

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144